Total Solution No more yo yo-ing!

You sound like you've got it all planned out regarding the next few days yoyo. Where there's a will there's a way :D x

Thanks Susie - I'm certainly going to try!

Well, as I mentioned in a previous post about getting obsessed (not sure where I posted it) I have just had acupuncture and my acupuncturist said he would strongly advise me not to do a VCLD because it won't work and I'll yoyo again, it will mess up my hormone levels and might make it more difficult to conceive and he said I need to stay away to extreme measures ( my personality is drawn to them like a moth to a flame)

He said I should make healthy choices, up my protein and veg intake and eat things in moderation and up my activity levels. Stop expecting a quick fix and just relax. He even said I may just naturally be a little bigger and that my body might prefer me that way.

So now I am in a quandary. My first thought was screw you I'm going to prove you wrong - ill lose the weight on exante AND I'll keep it off. Then I thought deep down I know this isn't the healthiest choice and I know psychologically I am repeating old patterns - becoming obsessed as a way to take my mind off the recent trauma of a miscarriage - a diversion tactic if you will.

So I'm going to carry on till my weigh in on weds and think about what to do. I tried to reason with him and said I wouldn't be on it for long but he reckons the damage will be done and my body won't trust me to provide it with the correct level of fuel and so will cling onto everything once I stop exante - meaning the only way to maintain will be to stay eating very little - which isn't healthy.

Not what I wanted to hear and I cried a lot (a lot of grief for my unborn baby came out which is good) and he said he would support me whatever I decide but that I should think about it. He said perhaps have one shake a day and 2 meals if I want but I have to eat more than 600 cals it's not healthy.

I was fixated on my goal of being thin again, thinking it would make me happy, but I wasn't happy when I was thin, and looking back I was far too skinny - at the time I thought I was still fat. I just have to realise that nothing will make me happy right now as I've just lost a baby, he said I need to just "be" for a while.

Maybe I should start meditating again?

Oh gosh. I really feel for you. I wouldn't know what to do.

I know many people don't agree with diets like this and I can totally understand why, I used to slightly disagree with it myself. For someone like me, who has a lot to lose I think the benefits of this kind of diet, and getting down to a healthier size far outweigh any of the negatives. If I could stick to a healthy diet I would be doing that, but I can't. But you don't have much to lose really and have different priorities.

I can't imagine how you must feel with what you have to deal with. I'm sure that there are other women on here who have been losing weight using VLCD's for the purpose of trying to get pregnant I wonder if they have had any similar or contradictory advice?

Oh gosh. I really feel for you. I wouldn't know what to do. I know many people don't agree with diets like this and I can totally understand why, I used to slightly disagree with it myself. For someone like me, who has a lot to lose I think the benefits of this kind of diet, and getting down to a healthier size far outweigh any of the negatives. If I could stick to a healthy diet I would be doing that, but I can't. But you don't have much to lose really and have different priorities. I can't imagine how you must feel with what you have to deal with. I'm sure that there are other women on here who have been losing weight using VLCD's for the purpose of trying to get pregnant I wonder if they have had any similar or contradictory advice?

Thanks BB - I'm enjoying the diet and feeling great and I really feel like in order to retrain my relationship with food I need to reboot and start again, which for me means a period of cold turkey and starting with a smaller stomach and a smaller appetite. Plus if I can get to goal quicker why shouldn't I?? I don't know I'm just going to see what I weigh next weds and stick to tfr 100% till then :) x

Mushroom soup this evening - needed a bit of salt and pepper and I added a few chives from the garden and it was lovely! Couldn't drink it all though. Day 4 done! Can't believe I've made it this far! :)

Oh and I've swapped my double choc and red berry bars for spag bols on the Facebook swap and sell group :)

Day 4 done!! Still 100% Yey!!!

Well done for day 4. Let's get through day 5 now!

Morning? Day 5!! Eek!

Can't wait for weigh in next week - I feel slimmer already - I'm still in leggings but when I get out of bed I'll be trying my fat jeggings on (which I stopped wearing as they got too tight) and I'm hoping they might fit better :)
I had to put my bra on a tighter fastening yesterday too :)
Mum and hubby have commented they thought I looked slimmer already :) Yey!

So today is going to be a busy one, need to finish packing for our trip to london later on and wrap our nieces present, go to the allotment to put supports up for our peas and beans, water the garden, go to boots and tesco to pick up tesco ready to drink shakes, oh and drop Barney off at mums - all by midday! I had better get my ass out of bed!

Day 5 - I'm coming to getcha! :)

Just think of your jeggings it will be easier to resist,got into a pair of jeans that I have been trying on since day 1and just in the nick of time as I had extra pack yesterday to keep me away from wonderful cheese that my lovely milkman dropped off for us to sample lol have a wonderful time x

Well done, almost a week done yoyo. Have a great day & have a bar when everyone else is having their cake xx

Morning? Day 5!! Eek!

Can't wait for weigh in next week - I feel slimmer already - I'm still in leggings but when I get out of bed I'll be trying my fat jeggings on (which I stopped wearing as they got too tight) and I'm hoping they might fit better :)
I had to put my bra on a tighter fastening yesterday too :)
Mum and hubby have commented they thought I looked slimmer already :) Yey!

So today is going to be a busy one, need to finish packing for our trip to london later on and wrap our nieces present, go to the allotment to put supports up for our peas and beans, water the garden, go to boots and tesco to pick up tesco ready to drink shakes, oh and drop Barney off at mums - all by midday! I had better get my ass out of bed!

Day 5 - I'm coming to getcha! :)

Excellent - it's fabulous when people notice. Enjoy the party and have a good couple of days away :)

Well that's day 5 done! Still sticking 100% to plan although the drive to london was tricky even though I saved a bar - I was dying to get food and a lovely latte from Starbucks at the services and had to watch hubby eat a Burger King while I sipped a black americano - no fun but I wasn't really tempted.

Just in our hotel room now - it's got a fab balcony! Trying to watch the artist but I can't get my head into silent films, plus we are putting name badges in holders ready for the event tomorrow night. I'm going to have a bath and wash my hair in a bit.

When we checked in and went to our room there was a strong smell of weed and loud music coming from the room just down the corridor from us. Not wanting to be a party pooper but equally wanting a good nights sleep tonight I told reception. They came up but just told them to keep the noise down I think.

I don't have time to check everyone's diaries but I hope you've all had great days?

I had a mushroom soup again (anyone struggle to finish those?) at lunch time and then a toffee nut bar on the way down here and I've just finished a tesco ultra slim rtd caffe latte shake. They only had that flavour left - but it's quite nice actually.

Next challenge is watching hubby eat breakfast tomorrow - I love hotel breakfasts :(

Bring on day 6! (Is it just me or do the days go faster now?)

Good luck resisting breakfast tomorrow!!

TH is right it's all greasy and does nothing for you, just go down grab a nice black coffee and take it to your room and take your time getting ready or do a bit of prep for your interview while hubby eats breakfast - hope all goes well for you :) x

Back