Total Solution No more yo yo-ing!

Well done Yoyo. Ur doing fab. Exciting times ahead for u n hubby. Got fingers crossed for you both :) You should get a job in nursery easily. You've got loads of great experience. I'm a reception teacher and I love working with little ones! Good luck to you. Give me a shout if you need any advice re applications etc. Have a good day 4 x

Thanks so much that's lovely to hear! I'm trying to remember all the EYFS development stages at the moment just in case! Lol

Good luck on day 4 :) Hey I just realised you don't live too far from me

Really? Where are you Bb? Day 4 and not had anything yet apart from black tea and water. Been on a massive walk with the dogs too this morning - first hilly walk since I came out of hospital 2 weeks ago and I was pooped! Lol

Not feeling hungry any more though really although I know my body needs good soon if that makes sense? Loads more energy and feeling great! :)

Hi yoyo :D Carrie does a 5:2 thing now and has been maintaining since about September ish last year. I think on her non fast days she goes between 1600 and 1900 odd cals depending on what she has eaten. Her fast days are 500 :) I know alot of people have said in the past that the old style bars, the toffee nut and choc orange seemed to make them hungry. I never really found a problem with them, but I always split them up, so I am never eating a full one in one go :) I think because they have slightly higher carbs is why exante say only one of the older stlye bars should be eaten in a day. I'm not sure if the new stlye bars have the same effect or if you can have more than one a day either. Good luck with it all Yoyo :D and enjoy your running when you restart :D

Thanks Marge - how you getting on?

Really? Where are you Bb? Day 4 and not had anything yet apart from black tea and water. Been on a massive walk with the dogs too this morning - first hilly walk since I came out of hospital 2 weeks ago and I was pooped! Lol

Not feeling hungry any more though really although I know my body needs good soon if that makes sense? Loads more energy and feeling great! :)

The joys of hilly dog walks, I've done mine too this morning, did just over 3 miles and when we got home and I took his lead off I asked him if he wanted to go for a walk and he got all excited and sat waiting for me to put his lead on and take him again! Not a chance :)

Enjoy the rest of your day x

The joys of hilly dog walks, I've done mine too this morning, did just over 3 miles and when we got home and I took his lead off I asked him if he wanted to go for a walk and he got all excited and sat waiting for me to put his lead on and take him again! Not a chance :) Enjoy the rest of your day x

Thanks Katie :) We met up with a new dog walker /sitter this morning as usually my mum has him when we have to go away with work (we have a trip in two weeks- I'm dreading trying to stay on plan, I don't want to come off but can I really sit in a restaurant and watch my hubby eat?) but anyway mum is away and so is our usual sitter who Barney loves! So we met another lady this morning who reminds me a lot of Barbara, the lady that usually looks after Barney, and she had 7 dogs with her. Barney had a great time although she ended up losing one of the dogs! Embarassing! Apparently it ran back to the tea rooms where it's mum worked. Not the greatest first impression but she really was good with the dogs and Barney seemed to like her (well he's a lab and she fed him chicken, what more could he want?!)

When we got back to her house there were a lot of dogs there and I think Barney was a little spooked but I'm sure he'll be fine. I feel sad having to leave him with someone he doesn't really know but at least he's not in a kennel.

So back home now, contemplating my first pack of the day.. Then off to have acupuncture this afternoon to re-balance my body after the miscarriage - I've been having it since before Xmas for infertility and it worked, we fell pregnant around Xmas but sadly I lost it. It took us nearly 4 years to fall pregnant though :(

Decided to wait till I'm at goal, maintaining, eating healthily and fit before we try again though.

Hope everyone is having a good day?

X

The joys of hilly dog walks, I've done mine too this morning, did just over 3 miles and when we got home and I took his lead off I asked him if he wanted to go for a walk and he got all excited and sat waiting for me to put his lead on and take him again! Not a chance :) Enjoy the rest of your day x

Ha! I know what you mean about dogs and walks - never seen to get tired do they? What dog have you got?

Losing a baby is so sad I can only imagine the heartbreak - when I had my youngest the hospital told me that they may have to terminate him as they thought he was eptopic and I had to wait for two days not knowing until they said he was okay, I've often thought since then what hell parents must go through xx Hope the acupuncture eases you xx

My dog is a Portugese Water Dog, he's a total dream - he was one on Thursday :)

We have a dog walker who takes him out on the days when hubby is working days and she's walking him twice a day every day for two weeks when we go away in June, we've just booked just over 4 weeks in Thailand for next Feb/March and she's been really honest and said that she doesn't want to commit to that so we now need to find a really nice kennels for him, there are a couple locally that I'm going to check out but I'm already worried about how he will be.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    498.4 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    829.8 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    555.8 KB · Views: 50
Losing a baby is so sad I can only imagine the heartbreak - when I had my youngest the hospital told me that they may have to terminate him as they thought he was eptopic and I had to wait for two days not knowing until they said he was okay, I've often thought since then what hell parents must go through xx Hope the acupuncture eases you xx My dog is a Portugese Water Dog, he's a total dream - he was one on Thursday :) We have a dog walker who takes him out on the days when hubby is working days and she's walking him twice a day every day for two weeks when we go away in June, we've just booked just over 4 weeks in Thailand for next Feb/March and she's been really honest and said that she doesn't want to commit to that so we now need to find a really nice kennels for him, there are a couple locally that I'm going to check out but I'm already worried about how he will be.

Thanks Katie - yes it's been incredibly hard and if I'm honest I'm probably only this gung-ho into dieting again for a distraction. I tend to get obsessed with things so have asked DH to look out for signs, although he did say last night "are you reading ANOTHER exante diary?" So I think he thinks I'm heading that way - I probably am to be honest.

Your dog is lovely :) I'll try and attach some pics of mine :) I know it's so worrying leaving them isn't it? Luckily we have some great local dog sitters so he's never been in kennels. Our old dog used to go to kennels and she loved it!

Re. Your youngest, that must have been a very worrying time for you and thank goodness he was ok xx

So what are you up to for the rest of the day Katie?

My Barney

Attachments

• image-4234673928.jpg
    image-4234673928.jpg
    497.7 KB · Views: 33
  • image-3916212709.jpg
    image-3916212709.jpg
    307.3 KB · Views: 34
  • image-441151822.jpg
    image-441151822.jpg
    680 KB · Views: 33
Aww no pic is showing :(

Oh that's a shame - I can see them on mine - they are on a separate post as I forgot to attach to that one :(

Thanks Katie - yes it's been incredibly hard and if I'm honest I'm probably only this gung-ho into dieting again for a distraction. I tend to get obsessed with things so have asked DH to look out for signs, although he did say last night "are you reading ANOTHER exante diary?" So I think he thinks I'm heading that way - I probably am to be honest.

Your dog is lovely :) I'll try and attach some pics of mine :) I know it's so worrying leaving them isn't it? Luckily we have some great local dog sitters so he's never been in kennels. Our old dog used to go to kennels and she loved it!

Re. Your youngest, that must have been a very worrying time for you and thank goodness he was ok xx

So what are you up to for the rest of the day Katie?

I'm just watching last nights practice of the MotoGP - I love it, we are going to watch it in Assen in June and I can't wait :)

Off to the shops in a short while to buy ribbon for my hair for tonight :eek: TH and I are off to Manchester for the Manchester roller derby's teams roller disco, there will be loads of wild dress there so I'm back combing my hair, going heavy on the make up - TH is braving leg warmers, I can't wait :D

After the shops I'm off to the gym, until Thursday I hadn't been (but had been paying for it) since January 2014 - I braved it the other day and have booked an assessment for this afternoon. I want the instructor to work out which machines will be best for me to tone up - I may be there some time lol :)

My hubby is off out tonight with some friends he grew up with so my last job of the day is picking up a group of drunk 40+ year olds from St Helens at around 1am and throwing them all out at their houses.....going to be a long and busy day!

what are your plans for the day, beware you will make me very jealous if it's all lovely and relaxing :) xx

I'm just watching last nights practice of the MotoGP - I love it, we are going to watch it in Assen in June and I can't wait :) Off to the shops in a short while to buy ribbon for my hair for tonight :eek: TH and I are off to Manchester for the Manchester roller derby's teams roller disco, there will be loads of wild dress there so I'm back combing my hair, going heavy on the make up - TH is braving leg warmers, I can't wait :D After the shops I'm off to the gym, until Thursday I hadn't been (but had been paying for it) since January 2014 - I braved it the other day and have booked an assessment for this afternoon. I want the instructor to work out which machines will be best for me to tone up - I may be there some time lol :) My hubby is off out tonight with some friends he grew up with so my last job of the day is picking up a group of drunk 40+ year olds from St Helens at around 1am and throwing them all out at their houses.....going to be a long and busy day! what are your plans for the day, beware you will make me very jealous if it's all lovely and relaxing :) xx

Phew! I'm tired just reading this! There's a lot of us on here from Manchester then? You me TH banana boo at the last count! We should make a support group for maintenance once a month when we all reach goal :) keep us on the straight and narrow and have people to eat out with and not be seen as obsessive or stupid for picking healthy options, or do something completely different other than eating out (why does our social life revolve around food and drink so much?) anyway sounds like you and TH are doing that already! Roller disco sounds fab! I went once in my twenties to one in Manchester and it was scary - a load of drunk people in a bar on roller skates! Lol! I'm better at ice skating and I'm not that good at that! :) sounds like you'll have a fun evening although I don't envy you bring a taxi for hubby later!

Good for you going to the gym - I really need to start exercising more. I have an acupuncture appointment at 4 but apart from a bit of housework and a potter in the garden that's all for today. Oh and we need to pop to our allotment to put some supports up for the peas and beans.

Tomorrow on the other hand will be busy, I need to go to boots and tesco, and then we have our nieces 6th birthday party and then we are driving down to london. We have a day of meetings in london and then are running an event in the evening and driving back up to Manchester coz I have an interview on tues afternoon at a nursery. I should probably be reading and prepping for my interview! Lol!

I'm worried about staying on plan while having meetings in coffee shops all day Monday but I think I have a solution. I don't want to make up shakes as they go lumpy in the shaker they are best blended with ice so I'll take a bar for the journey Sunday (after having 2 packs at home and avoiding birthday cake at the party) then I'll take a vanilla shake mix in a small jar in my handbag to use as coffee and tea whitener during the day (no one will ever know ha ha! - I can say I'm lactose intolerant or something) and then another bar and I'm thinking of buying a ready made shake from tesco like miss mac drinks - then I can have that in my bag too (going to need a big bag! ) or maybe for breakfast at the hotel. Mmm I love hotel breakfasts, going to have to have strong willpower for this trip! It will be good practice for when we're away for 4 days in a few weeks - eek!

If it makes it easier Exante now say that you can have three bars a day as long as you drink more water - would it help doing that and having black coffee while you're away?

TH and I are in Lancashire, I'm in Upholland and she is near Parbold but we're still not that far from you and Banana.

We've got an allotment too, I don't go that much but hubby loves it....though last weekend when I was off plan I definitely adored the rhubarb that he's grown, I ate lots of gorgeous rhubarb crumble yum :)

Sounds like you are going to be very busy the next few days, best of luck with the interview :) xx

Thanks Katie - have fun tonight!

If it makes it easier Exante now say that you can have three bars a day as long as you drink more water - would it help doing that and having black coffee while you're away?

Really ? I didnt know that. Is tgat for the old and new style bars then Katie ?

You sound like you've got it all planned out regarding the next few days yoyo. Where there's a will there's a way :D x

Last edited:
Really ? I didnt know that. Is tgat for the old and new style bars then Katie ?

Hi Marge I saw a link that someone had posted to this xx

09-01-2014 01:19 PM
Hi All

Some of you who have been around a while will be adhering to the 1 bar a day rule and there have been a number of questions on our closed facebook group this week about how many bars per day is ok.

For those of you who love bars you'll be pleased to hear that the restriction has now been removed and you are free to have up to 3 per day.

If you choose to eat more bars then there are a few things to bare in mind.....

1. Remember you'll be taking in less fluid a day if you base your intake largely around bars, you should compensate for this with an extra glass of water to ensure minimal impact on your weight loss.

2. The cereal bars contain more calories than our other products and 3 per day will give you roughly an extra 70 calories per day compared to shakes. While this isn't much over a number of weeks this does add up which will result in a slightly lower weight loss over a long period of time.

3. The cereal bars contain more fibre than our other products which doesn't suit everyone.

4. The Double Choc and Red Berry bar contain something called polyols, a type of carbohydrate commonly found in diet and diabetic confectionary. Excessive consumption can cause a laxative effect and therefore you should bare this in mind as for some people 2 or 3 of these bars a day may have this unwanted side effect! We have included this information on the bar label for this reason.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards
Claire
Director of Products & Programmes, Exante Diet

Cheers for that Katie :)
Tis very good to know :D

Back