Non-Scale Victories

Minnie2be said:
I've been on 2 jogs today and ran 4miles in total and burnt 444 calories! I don't ever normally jog so I'm proud of myself!! Using Couch to 5k! x

Don't do too much too quick or you'll hurt yourself, definitely don't want that. Well done though, 4miles is great xx

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

I meant 2 jogs this week - sorry! Had a day off between each one! x

Minnie2be said:
I meant 2 jogs this week - sorry! Had a day off between each one! x

Thank god, I was worrying about ya there. Excellent work my dear, keep it up :) x

Completed a 10km run today. (Flora womens mini marathon in Dublin). The event itself did my head in (too crowded) but I managed to raise 540 quid for my charity & even with my injured calf I (slooowly) jogged the whole thing :) yaaay!

azwethinkweiz said:
Completed a 10km run today. (Flora womens mini marathon in Dublin). The event itself did my head in (too crowded) but I managed to raise 540 quid for my charity & even with my injured calf I (slooowly) jogged the whole thing :) yaaay!

Well done :)

azwethinkweiz said:

Well done and that's a great amount raised!

Thats fantastic, well done on raising so much! What charity were you raising for?

Thanks everyone! :)
It was for a local charity called SOSAD - suicide prevention.

That is a great cause to raise for :)

Thanks hon. Think I would do it for a different organisation next year though - maybe Pieta House (I do their Darkness into Light run too). SOSAD didn't seem too supportive of their runners to be honest. Unfortunate!

Got into a pair of Next size 14 jeans. I got these last October from a local charity shop for £3. Never been worn - still had their tags on. When I got them I could get them half-way up my thighs. I have been trying them on from time and time, and last night not only did I get them on and fasten them up - but I could breath and wear them comfortably! Whoop whoop! :D

Cat Lover Sue said:
Got into a pair of Next size 14 jeans. I got these last October from a local charity shop for £3. Never been worn - still had their tags on. When I got them I could get them half-way up my thighs. I have been trying them on from time and time, and last night not only did I get them on and fasten them up - but I could breath and wear them comfortably! Whoop whoop! :D

Whohoo that's brilliant! Must feel amazing :)

Cheers Gemelli. I would recommend everyone buys something they aim to get into. Its a great progress measure. No need to go mad and spend lots. I love a good charity shop rummage! :)

Just tried on my size 10 dress and I can get it on and zip it just past my waist but my stomach looks flat in it! Wonder if I'll get it to fasten in time for holiday - 8weeks yesterday! Thanks for the idea ladies! :)

Minnie2be said:
Just tried on my size 10 dress and I can get it on and zip it just past my waist but my stomach looks flat in it! Wonder if I'll get it to fasten in time for holiday - 8weeks yesterday! Thanks for the idea ladies! :)

Wooooo! That's awesome, almost a perfect fit, how exciting :) xXx

You wouldn't say that if you'd seen me in it - haha! Think it'll fit in about 10pounds or so - it still has the tag in! It's such a pretty dress and was saving it for end of my honeymoon when I had a tan (in my dreams) and by the time I came to wear it I couldnt fasten it - haha! ;-)

Back