Noodles weigh ins - Looking for 3 stone by Christmas :)

noodles1609

Having a very lovely life
Tomorrow morning will be my first S&S weigh in after 3 weeks with LL. 19.5lb down so far, aiming for 42lb by Christmas and then we'll see where we're at. So, going public here, first loss posting in the morning... eek!:eek:

Whoop whoop!! Another 4lb. I'm absolutely delighted! Have to admit to being a little skeptical about changing, but only because the packs taste sooooo good after LL, but this week I've had veg for the first time and even had a bit of salmon on one evening. Very very happy with that, at this rate I'll be smashing that target of mine by Christmas :D

Well done. That's great

2.5lb this week. That's ok, I did overdo it a bit on several days with extra protein and lots of green veggies, and TOM is due. Quite glad to see the back of the odd half pound too as my ticker is now right rather than rounded up! Only 16lb to go to get to my Christmas target. Woop!

You're doing brilliant.

Absolutely thrilled to bits! I was sure this week was going to be a focus on other things - how my clothes fit, compliments being received, celebrating the loss of another chin - rather than what shows on the scales. Had a nasty TOTM but got through it 100% on plan, but with little showing on the scales. But then this morning - 2.5lb off. Whoop whoop! That takes me over the 2 stone mark in only 6 weeks. I'm sooooooo pleased!

A colleague yesterday (a total skinny minnie) commented "cor, the weight is just dropping off you" - BIG smile from noodles!! :D

Another 2.5lb off. Even though my numbers have not been big, they soon add up to big. I've not been doing this for 2 months yet and I'm already over 30lb lighter - and that is entirely brilliant :D. This week I'm going to return to tracking my intake - will use mfp - and make a huge effort to increase my water intake. Lets just see...

Very happy with where I'm getting to.

In all my excitement first thing I forgot to update my weekly weigh in post!! I am absolutely delighted to have lost a further 3lb. 8 weeks and I'm just a pound short of 2 and a half stone. That's totally bonkers. I'm so blooming happy, just when I had decided to have a week of back to basics to boost things up a bit. I'm still going to do it, I've hidden the scales (of course I know where they are but they are not in view to tempt me to step onto them - it's hard not to know when you live on your own, tried to get the cats to hide them but they were having none of it) and I've no veg left. All my protein is frozen so that just leaves the packs.

And only 8lb to go to get to my Christmas goal - which, by the way, I thought was kind of ambitious at the end of September when I started and it's not even December yet!

Wow, great loss! Good luck with your back to basics challenge this week.... think i could give up the food but not the scales, lol! :D

Brilliant loss you are doing so well

Right, firstly the positives from week 9 - I didn't step on the scales for the entire week, from last weigh in to this. For a total scale addict needing a fix several times a day, I'd only managed to improve that to once a day, so a full week to me was an enormous achievement. The rest of the challenges, sticking with the basics and cutting protein and veg really didn't work. I did learn a lot these week, mainly about my self defeating rebellious nature, so I have something to work on. I had 2 "blow outs" this week, stayed on plan with them but had extra protein, extra packs and extra bars on 2 days, which probably added an additional 3 to 4 days of calories taken in (I daren't add it up - another learning point! Bury the guilt rather than face the facts!). That said, I still did 2.5lb off. Which is brilliant. And here comes another learning point - I'm now having the "that could have probably been half a stone if I'd stuck with the challenge" guilty thoughts. Well you didn't stick with it Nicola, and this is what you've got, so you can do what you always do and throw in the towel at this point, or you can be pleased with a further 2.5lb which takes you over 2.5 STONE (!) in 9 weeks, which is brilliant!

Stick with the plan Nicola, stick with the plan :)

Ah, a bit disappointed this week but that's how it goes I guess. Lost a pound, but have what I have had to conclude is flu. Hardly ate a thing Monday night and all of Tuesday and saw a gain, made sure I got down 4 packs yesterday with quite some difficulty and have managed to lose that one pound. I know I'm not getting enough fluid in too, and that has made a difference to my losses, my intake is down, and having a fever is increasing the output - I just can't get anything down, doing my best but can taste absolutely nothing and feel quite sick with anything.

Can only hope it'll be a big one next week. Would be nice to get to my Christmas target before our family Christmas party - only 4.5lb to go now. Have lost another 6 inches from bust waist and hips in the last 4 weeks though, so there is something to smile about through the coughing and sneezing!

Arrrgggghhhh!!! How frustrating! Half a blooming pound off my Christmas target! 2 stone 13.5lb off in 11 weeks, including the disasterous last week with just the 1lb with flu. Clearly you can lose a bit more with bronchitis! I'm really very happy and slightly overexcited about doing so much, but to be so very close to my target is a little on the annoying side. So, as a one off, this week I am allowing a mid week weigh in to get to that darn target before our family party on Sunday. It's only for the ease of flow of the conversation, if I can tell everyone I've lost 3 stone in under 12 weeks, that's so much easier than 2 stone 13 and a half pounds in 11 weeks :)

Yay! Done it, just needed an extra day! Christmas target smashed - 3 stone gone :D

Well done that's great

Oh heck, bit of a boob on week 12. 2 buffets on plan, but forgot about the rubbish that goes into cocktail sausages yesterday and ended up showing a 1lb gain this week. Lesson learnt there then. Unsure what to do this week, always planned for it to be an off plan week, but as it got closer and closer thought I would maybe just do Christmas Day off. Toyed with it all morning and made the decision in the end to come off for the full week. Had a small plate with some crackers and a few crisps, a snack sausage roll and a picnic egg. Later on had 2 cherry bakewell tarts. Now, in terms of volume this would be about 1/8 of what I would normally eat in this kind of scenario, in terms of the last 12 weeks, clearly a great deal more. But.... felt dreadful all afternoon, like I'd had three times my "normal" food - absolutely bloated and sick.

Been reading a few articles recently about the link with insulin resistance, pcos and carb intolerance, and after today it seems I've placed the pieces of a jigsaw together - I suspect I may have an intolerance to carbs. If this is the case, then I need to rethink long term plans and consider low carb (but not vlc) to be my longer term plan of choice. It's been an interesting experiment today, and I'm curious to see the water weight gain from coming out of ketosis, but I'm not enjoying the sicky bloated eaten waaaaay too much feeling!

Well there we go - 2lb on to add to the 1lb on from the previous day. And I still feel dreadful. There is not a pringle flavour worth feeling like this - back to the low carb for noodles!

Week 13 was my planned week off plan - took full advantage and returned to my old eating habits out of curiosity to see what would happen. Gained another 5lb, but gained a great deal of knowledge about how much me and carbs don't get on! Interesting week, thought I'd gain more, so happy with that.

Week 14 - back on it, 4 packs a day, time to get beyond that 3 stone :) Dare I hope to be in a size 12 for my holidays?

Back