Not a weigher-Anyone else out there not an avid scale stepper?

Mollybloom

Think I spent too many years monitoring (obsessing) about my weight, and couldn't be bothered right now.

I weighed myself about 3/4s the way through my first week - am now only just about at wk 2, but don't actually own a scales where I'm living at the minute and seriously considering not buying one.

Can judge by my clothes and the way my body looks - think I might be satisfied with monitoring my progress that way!

I weigh myself once a week. I wont have scales in my house, I know Id be on them every day and I know it would end up being the end of my time on Exante if I did that. Id far rather wait til a Sunday and see a good result than see half a lb one day and a sts the next then lb of the next.

Having said that I couldnt go longer than a week without checking in. I need confirmation of how much Im losing in figures lol

True - I reckon I'll change my mind soon enough... No doubt when I start noticing a significant difference the curiosity will get the better of me!! :)

I used to weigh once a week but would have a big loss one week and then a small/no loss the next week.
So I have decided to only weigh every other week so this should mean that I get a decent loss every time I get on the scales!

I also 'hide' my scales so I cant get on them every day. Like they are in a box on top of my wardrobe, it's a bit of a hassle to get them down so I will only bother with them on weigh day :D

Im on day 8 and havent weighed yet, thought I might go fortnightly but will see how it goes.

I try not to weigh very often, once in a while I will peek. I find frequent weighing throws me off my game.

I decided that the reason I keep failing is because of the weigh INS. I'm doing Cambridge at the moment, got weighed at the beginning, and now I have no clue what I weigh, I'm just putting my trust in the diet because I know it works. In the past if I had a big loss I'd give myself the freedom to cheat a little things would creep in here and there and before I knew it diet over. Same if I had a small loss I'd think what's the point? Cheat time again!

This not knowing my weigh has put a stop to me obsessing about how fast (or not) it's coming off. It also stops me obsessing about getting to goal, I'll get there this time, hopefully without the angst of small losses every other week or so, because I won't know lol. Good luck!

My scales keep giving me different weights so I have decided im just going to judge by my clothes now as I must be losing as my clothes are looser even tho the scales dont say so! I also now have no idea what my start weight was because of the dodgy scales!!

Me too Plymgirl - I feel it in my clothes and for the moment, that's enough to spur me on.
Surfhoney- I reckon I'd be too easily discouraged if the scales didn't show what I expected. It's that bit of added pressure that I could do without for the moment.

Mollybloom said:
Me too Plymgirl - I feel it in my clothes and for the moment, that's enough to spur me on.
Surfhoney- I reckon I'd be too easily discouraged if the scales didn't show what I expected. It's that bit of added pressure that I could do without for the moment.

I must admit I'm finding it a lot easier without the pressure of the scales.

Scales can have such a powerful influence over us dieters, we love them when the numbers and losses are in our favour, however loath them when they are not.

They can give you feelings of euphoria and feelings of disappointment (all within a matter of days!), yet afterall they are simply just numbers.

Ive been a serial scale hopper for many years and still am to a certain degree, they keep me going when they reveal a loss and gives me the encouragement to continue and on the other when they not in my favour ............ reach for the tissues or even worse the chocolates!!

My diet buddy has thrown out her scales and only measures her progress with a tape measure and how well her clothes fit, now thats got to be liberating!! I just wish I was that brave. She has dropped 4 dress sizes and never weighed herself and is looking very slinky indeed, well done I say. x

I try not to weigh myself. Ive said that Il weigh at the end of the month just so i kno how effective the diet is being. I think weighing yourself weekly can be demorolising. You stick to the diet ridgedly and feel great then get on the scales to find that you havnt lost. I used to be gutted when this happened and then suddenly felt really over weight and disheartned. I now put faith into the diet, my will power and the compliments that im receiving from friends about my weight loss. We are all different and have to do what we can to make this process easier xx good luck

I used to weigh myself almost every day, and obviously, never saw any results, so I would get demoralised and give up. As I fell ill during my first week, I only weighed myself after a couple of weeks, and was pleased that I still lost some, although I wasn't strict. I plan to weigh myself weekly to start off with, so hopefully I'll see results on the scales, as that will spur me on. I'm not working at the moment, so spending most of my time in daggies, which are loose anyway, so can't use them as a reliable guide. Will be interesting to put my suit on again whenever that is.

I actually meant to pick up a scales at the weekend - just so I could have a monthly weigh, but didn't manage to get to the shops.

Happy enough to pass through till next weekend and see where I am after 3.5 weeks of Exante.

I'm with you here, I used to but not any more. I've sinced moved house and don't even have scales it's that unimportant for me! But that's all gonna changeeee!! :)

I to am not a weigher I am on day 8 and was tempted to weigh yesterday! However I figure I have committed in my head that I'm doing this plan till may June to loose my 5 stone
So it doesn't matter what I've lost I'm on the right path I will try to hold out monthly and just go by my clothes!! Esther x

Good plan, I wish I could do that my date is June too, I use to weigh every day but now every week. Will try to do it every 2 weeks but you have great point though, I am planning to stay on the diet until June so it does not matter.

Hey Esther! Day 8 - congrats! How're you finding it so far?

I actually meant to buy a scales last wknd, but didn't get to the shops. I get back home to Ireland approx once a month where I have a scales, so I figure I'll call that my weigh in time.

I tend to avoid the scales and base my weight loss on how baggy my clothes are becoming or if i can see a change in my body shape.

I tend to notice loss in my boobs and waist first, resulting in spending a ridiculous amount of money on bras every few months haha :)

Back