Not getting syns fitted in?

Violetwind

Determined
Hi guys

I've done brilliant for me so far this week with 2 100% days so far. The only issue is that im only fitting in 2-3 syns. Im trying to break a binge eating habit so i don't really wanna just go and use them for the sake of it....any ideas?

Use olive oil whilst cooking, or use to make a homemade salad dressing for some 'good' syns, or add cheese to meals. x

A glass of fruit juice is a great way to use up some syns, but no need to force yourself to eat if you really don't want them. That said the plan will be more sustainable in the long-term if you use some syns :)

what about getting some yoghurts with a syn value, or having some cream with strawberries for pudding. I buy Tesco Value choc ices which are 5 syns each as i often find i get to the end of the day and haven't had any syns at all so I have a choc ice. Yum!

I'm the same :( I feel satisfied once I've ate my free/superfree foods and HE's and just don't feel like anything else. If I end up eating something as a treat such as chocolate or crisp I'll probably end up falling off the wagon and binging. I think I'll try some yoghurts with syns in and a glass of fruit juice sounds like a good idea too.

I haven't had any syns the past few days just really haven't felt like them, had my three meals and been fine snacking on mullerlights and fruit! Never know what to use them on really either everything I would want as a treat is massively high in syns ha

How about adding some nuts or seeds to salads? Or as a pp has suggested, olive oil is a good idea. Or maybe avocado? Syns don't need to be spent on "naughty" food, they can just be additions to meals. Do you have butter on bread or in jacket spuds? Tomato ketchup? What about low fat sausages?

Free/superfree and HEx's are there to satisfy your appetite, but remember that syns are an integral part of food optimising, so you really should try to fit at least 5 in somewhere. Unfortunately, I have the opposite problem and often struggle to stick to 15! ;-)

Last edited:
I find it difficult to fit a full 15 a day in due to the super free and free foods available. Also I'm finding now I dont miss, crisps, chocolate, cake and due to my distaste of artificial sweeteners, my desserts are fresh fruit and fat free greek yog. I fi i have people coming over I will use a little bit of olive oil in dressings or for roasting potatoes, and just calculate accordingly. Though have just restocked on the frylight sooo will be using that more now :).

I know i could use my syns, but most of the time I dont feel the need to if that makes sense!

Back