Not losing much weight in first week

chatlinegirl

Hi everyone,
I'm usually a lurker but am feeling very dis-heartened this morning. I've been doing Discover all week, no slip ups, 100% every day, and my scales are only showing a 1lb loss. Usually, the first week on this plan I lose at least 4lbs, so am quite disappointed. I've got a fair bit to lose too so a big first week loss isnt unreasonable. It is TOTM too, but that's nearly over and doesnt usually affect me (or so I thought)!
Just after some advice or encouragement really!

Did you give it another week to see how it went? Maybe your TOTM plus starting a diet played havoc with your system? I'd definately give it a wee while longer to see if it sorts itself out.

Well there ya go then!

Our bodies are weird things arn't they. You'd think they'd be happy we're trying to help it but no it freaks out. Least its going the right way now.

I'm really glad that it's going well now. TOTM could well have had a lot to do with losing less that you hoped in the first week - I know it really affects me! 6lbs is fab!

Heh! I'll bet. I've got to see the losses, especially at the beginning to keep me going.

Back