Not sure if its helped but thought id share :)

I did this religiously for the first few days then didn't bother as I was on night shifts so couldn't face it. I had a meal out at a world buffet place...tried to be carefull but guess i had about 30syns over. I was having a hard time on night shifts and went over 1 other night. I lost 2lb this week, my OH stayed the same (but he was wearing shorts instead of his usual jeans) so it may well have been the lemons that still gave me a nice weight loss?

Paul_Farnham_uk said:
Hi all,

When i first saw this post i will be honest i thought what a load of codswallop, but since seeing some of you coming in with good losses it got me thinking about my own losses and i made a realisation last night.

When i first started SW about 11 weeks ago i was drinking a lot of diet lemonade and as you will see in my sign i had amazing losses but as time went on i decided to be healthier and have started drinking water instead thinking it would help my weight loss.

But as you can see the last few weeks my weight loss has considerably slowed which i put down simply to my body settling into its new weight but after my epiphany a few days ago i have started drinking lemonade again and i am amazed to say that all of a sudden the scales have started moving again.

I cant say anything official but from my own scales at home i seem to have lost somewhere in the region of 4-5lb this week so far which is astounding considering my recent losses.

Obviously it could swing back the other way so i wont be able to confirm this until saturday when i have my official group weigh in but fingers crossed it seems that diet lemonade which can be bought from most supermarkets for about 50-60p per 2 litre bottle seem to work too!

Keep your fingers crossed for me

Paul

Well done Paul hope official wi reflects that great loss :) Aldi does 2L lemonade for 18p for those on a budget :)

Paul_Farnham_uk said:
Hi all,

When i first saw this post i will be honest i thought what a load of codswallop, but since seeing some of you coming in with good losses it got me thinking about my own losses and i made a realisation last night.

When i first started SW about 11 weeks ago i was drinking a lot of diet lemonade and as you will see in my sign i had amazing losses but as time went on i decided to be healthier and have started drinking water instead thinking it would help my weight loss.

But as you can see the last few weeks my weight loss has considerably slowed which i put down simply to my body settling into its new weight but after my epiphany a few days ago i have started drinking lemonade again and i am amazed to say that all of a sudden the scales have started moving again.

I cant say anything official but from my own scales at home i seem to have lost somewhere in the region of 4-5lb this week so far which is astounding considering my recent losses.

Obviously it could swing back the other way so i wont be able to confirm this until saturday when i have my official group weigh in but fingers crossed it seems that diet lemonade which can be bought from most supermarkets for about 50-60p per 2 litre bottle seem to work too!

Keep your fingers crossed for me

Paul

Wow how amazing. How much lemonade were you drinking?

Hmmm think I'll be switching from diet coke to lemonade this week!

Eh??? What post/to whom are you referring?

Damn how did I post that here?! Someone else started a lemon challenge thread and I thought I had posted it there - need to go look for the other thread and redirect them!!!!! Thanks!

Well originally when i first started i would go through a 2 litre bottle every couple of days at work and also drink some in the evening.

But since restarting the lemonade i didnt have a lot in the house so been having maybe 2 large glasses a day, and been carrying on with water at week but if the weigh in goes well i will most likely start taking lemonade to work again.

Seems like a massive coincidence though eh? so maybe there really is something in it

Wow how amazing. How much lemonade were you drinking?

Paul_Farnham_uk said:
Well originally when i first started i would go through a 2 litre bottle every couple of days at work and also drink some in the evening.

But since restarting the lemonade i didnt have a lot in the house so been having maybe 2 large glasses a day, and been carrying on with water at week but if the weigh in goes well i will most likely start taking lemonade to work again.

Seems like a massive coincidence though eh? so maybe there really is something in it

Can't wait to read how your WI goes. Thank you for letting me know :)

Well I've only used the lemons for 3 days (3 a day) and after only half a lb loss last week I've just weighed myself to find I've lost 3lb!!

Thats brilliant missnic well done sounds like its working really well! I'm getting weighed tonight hope it works for me but tbh i've not had anywhere near as much as most of u.
I've been having bottled lime juice in lemon and ginger herbal teas and just hot water with lime juice about 2 three times a day for a few days. Think i need to be more committed as it is really working for lots of u. we will see....

xx

Be careful of the cayenne, I did this at the start of last year and put in too much and was close to bringing it back up there and then at my desk!! Start small & work up. I tried lemon, ginger & cayenne pepper!! No idea if it actually worked as I think I gave up!! I have been drinking hot water & lemon (only 1 mug a day so far though) but I just use the Jif Squeezy lemon :)

thanks, not tried this yet! but i will be carefull!

I found a recipe:

Serves 4
10-12 tbsp artifical sweetener
Finely grated zest and juice of 4 large lemons, plus a few slices to garnish
1 egg white
1. Place 1pt/568ml water in a pan, add the sweetener and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat, stir in the lemon zest and set aside to cool. When the mixture is cool stir in the lemon juice.
2. Beat the egg white until frothy, then whisk into the lemon mixutre. Transfer to a shallow freezer-proof container and freeze for 5-6 hours, or until firm, beating the mixture every 30 minutes for the first 2 hours.
3. To serve, roughly break up the ice, place in a food processor and blend until finely processed. Scoop into chilled glasses and serve garnished with a few slices of lemon.

Going to try it :)

Hey DustQueen how did u get on with this? it sounds gorgeous as i love sorbet, i've never tried it without real sugar though. Was it nice?

carrot_tit said:
Why not add lemon to your diet coke? They usually stick a wedge in at the pub anyway.

Really looking forward to getting weighed on Sunday just to see if it has made any difference. Fingers crossed.

Well I've just been and got the lemonade lol but I have to say I was feeling bloated and it seems to have helped. Don't they recommend flat lemonade for a bad tummy? That's what my mum always used to tell me but maybe it's an old wives tale!

Really really pleased to see that the lemons seem to be helping everyone. I was worried that it wouldnt work for you and have sat all week worried that you have all gone and spent the time and money on something and be shouted at lol!

I havent had any this week as i thought id do one week with them and the next week without. Ive dropped 1lb this week and im pleased with that especially because ive quit smoking too, Just hoping next week i have a bigger loss with the lemons again.

Well done everyone! xxx

Well I've just been and got the lemonade lol but I have to say I was feeling bloated and it seems to have helped. Don't they recommend flat lemonade for a bad tummy? That's what my mum always used to tell me but maybe it's an old wives tale!

yeah mum still says that haha

Really really pleased to see that the lemons seem to be helping everyone. I was worried that it wouldnt work for you and have sat all week worried that you have all gone and spent the time and money on something and be shouted at lol!

I havent had any this week as i thought id do one week with them and the next week without. Ive dropped 1lb this week and im pleased with that especially because ive quit smoking too, Just hoping next week i have a bigger loss with the lemons again.

Well done everyone! xxx

i was thinking exactly the same.. one week on one week off.. actually im thinking of doing one week of lemons and the other of lots of green tea... x

Roziee said:
yeah mum still says that haha

i was thinking exactly the same.. one week on one week off.. actually im thinking of doing one week of lemons and the other of lots of green tea... x

I've been having lemons in my green tea :)

Kat83 said:
Hey DustQueen how did u get on with this? it sounds gorgeous as i love sorbet, i've never tried it without real sugar though. Was it nice?

Hi Kat
Been a busy bee this week so not had time :( but def will try it ASAP :) just sticking lemons in all my drinks for now :)

id forgotten that id drunk loads of lemon water when i lost weight last time. am back on it as from today, even on my salad!

Definately heed the warning about using a straw though, can really strip the coating off you teeth with lots of use.

works very well first thing in the morning before food and drink for cleansing if thats not too much info!

just been weighed and i've lost 1Ib 1/2. not bad! i'm pleased but dont think me adding lime to my drinks has made much difference. Dont think i;ve been having any where near as much as you guys though so gonna do it properly properly this week :D and use lemon

Back