Not sure if its helped but thought id share :)

I had lime (also superspeed) in hot water today which I preferred, hope it has the same effect. Haven't been adding the peel, shall do that with my next cuppa :)

im just on my lunch at owrk, and will toddle down to asda and purchase some lemons! will start later with the experiment

Really interesting, thanks
*runs off to find a lemon*

I know when i have a bloated tummy, i drink hot water with a slice of lemon, it works wonders, think i am going to try and find a few recipes that use lemon SW of course

iwantmysixpackback said:
would that be free i thought fruit wasnt free if it was cooked?

It's only not free if it's cooked because it takes a lot longer for the stomach to break it down when it's eaten in its natural form. Eaten in its natural state keeps you fuller for longer and reducing the chance of snacking. Lemons don't count I guess because who actually eats lemons lol. We just use the juice in cooking etc. hope that makes sense, I know what I mean but cant get it to make sense when trying to explain it lol x

Thanks Kat. Im over the moon that ive had a good loss after sitting crying last week.
Ive also read that a teaspoon of cayenne pepper in warm water before meals helps to boost metabolism. Ill report back on that one next week lol!x

And it was a massive loss! i've only lost that much once. I'll try the cayenne pepper too xx

Hmmm, this is interesting. I dont know how the heck I'd get lemon into any of my meals though...
Not keen on green tea but not tried it with sweetener so this is a possible...

Cayenne pepper in warm water yuck! Still worth trying though hehe

I've also heard that lemons are a super food for many reasons. The tip was to freeze them whole and then grate them on to everything and anything. Worth a try. I'll try to find the email and post more info later.

I have been trying to restart my diet plan every day for the last month but only seem to be good for a few days before failing miserably! I catered for two birthdays last week and even though I had healthy food on the table, I still ended up being enticed in to eating what everyone else was eating including birthday cake, twice! Bit disappointed to find out that First Cape 5.5% wine has double the points I initially thought! I bought a load on offer and gave up Eisberg 0% as my Syns book showed they were the same! Now I have to make do with one glass instead of two, ie one at lunchtime and one with dinner. My husband has just retired and we make more of our meals than we used to, but although it's lovely, I am struggling to make each meal sociable, ie sitting at the nicely layed table for lunch and dinner and with candles every evening with a diet coke whilst he drinks St Emillion or Chablis! We also eat out more now too but haven't found a pub or restaurant that offers 5.5% wine, which is a shame as its good for drivers as well as dieters!

I gave up WW as I became so preoccupied going online and filling in points and trying to work out how much of a certain food I'd eaten, especially in restaurants! Hopefully, apart from the alcohol, S/W will be easier. We are away for a week next week so not sure how I will get on. I had just sussed the Weathespoons menu of what I could eat with a jacket pot, ie steak, salmon, gammon, but no Weatherspoons where we are going in Devon this time! Wish me luck!

Oooooh off to try with a lime now-got 1 in my sotw basket and I've got tummy ache so hoping it will help :)

So is squeezing the lemon into the water free as I remember reading somewhere that you have to syn that for some reason mind you it was the juice from an orange they were talking about. Just checking before I do this cheers x

shelly22 said:
So is squeezing the lemon into the water free as I remember reading somewhere that you have to syn that for some reason mind you it was the juice from an orange they were talking about. Just checking before I do this cheers x

I presume it's free as book says lemon juice is free but orange juice isn't xx

i am on my 2nd hot water and lemon....not a fan of green tea, so im just having it plain. i have left the lemon in the water and mashed it up so all the juice comes out. its actually not too bad tasting! i am going to try having 3 cups a day, morning, lunch and after tea! will report back!

Noddynoobs said:
i am on my 2nd hot water and lemon....not a fan of green tea, so im just having it plain. i have left the lemon in the water and mashed it up so all the juice comes out. its actually not too bad tasting! i am going to try having 3 cups a day, morning, lunch and after tea! will report back!

Did you use just one lemon? Haha this is mad what are we all like haha xxx

Lol no i dont drink the peel. yuck! Its more to make sure im getting all the lemon juice out of if. A little like when you have sliced lemon in diet coke or something.

Lemon juice is free when juiced. Had weigh in this afternoon and have lost a total of 6.lbs this week. Had lemon and black pepper chicken for dinner was yummy!!x

Lol no i dont drink the peel. yuck! Its more to make sure im getting all the lemon juice out of if. A little like when you have sliced lemon in diet coke or something.

Lemon juice is free when juiced. Had weigh in this afternoon and have lost a total of 6.lbs this week. Had lemon and black pepper chicken for dinner was yummy!!x

if i have a slice of lemon or lime in coke, i will fish the slice out and eat the flesh! so i dont mind it being really lemony!

I have also had lemon water today, had some first thing and what I have noticed more than anything is its curbed my appetite, I have eaten far less today than usual and the only snack I have had is 3 haribo - not even a yogurt and I only had the haribo cos they were there!

I like to drink diet coke and have been adding it to that too - not sure if it will have a detrimental effect but I can't give it up!

Back