Not sure if its helped but thought id share :)

chantsy86 said:
Isn't the orange synned though ?

There's no syns if it's no added sugar squash. There will be syns if fresh orange juice is used.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Wondering if I could make some lemon sorbet? Might be a good use of lemons and also nice for dessert :)
Must go find a recipe see if it needs more than lemons and sweetener *runs off*

Sounds lush.... couldn't you make lemon ice cubes then crush them.....?

shellywelly1983 said:
Sounds lush.... couldn't you make lemon ice cubes then crush them.....?

I found a recipe:

Serves 4
10-12 tbsp artifical sweetener
Finely grated zest and juice of 4 large lemons, plus a few slices to garnish
1 egg white
1. Place 1pt/568ml water in a pan, add the sweetener and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat, stir in the lemon zest and set aside to cool. When the mixture is cool stir in the lemon juice.
2. Beat the egg white until frothy, then whisk into the lemon mixutre. Transfer to a shallow freezer-proof container and freeze for 5-6 hours, or until firm, beating the mixture every 30 minutes for the first 2 hours.
3. To serve, roughly break up the ice, place in a food processor and blend until finely processed. Scoop into chilled glasses and serve garnished with a few slices of lemon.

Going to try it :)

You can add lemon to your black tea too, just not with milk!!!
I love lemon chicken, to a roasting pan add chicken thighs (skin and fat removed), carrots quartered lengthways, par boiled new potatoes, peppers, red onions quartered, squeeze the juice from a quartered lemon, then chuck that in with some whole cloves of garlic (no need to peel), some fresh thyme stripped from the stalk over the top, mix to coat and roast until chicken is cooked and potatoes are browned. Delish!
When cooked remove from the pan add a little stock to the pan and simmer until reduced, I syn a bit of gravy granules but you can get away without.
My son loves it!

Shirleen said:
You can add lemon to your black tea too, just not with milk!!!
I love lemon chicken, to a roasting pan add chicken thighs (skin and fat removed), carrots quartered lengthways, par boiled new potatoes, peppers, red onions quartered, squeeze the juice from a quartered lemon, then chuck that in with some whole cloves of garlic (no need to peel), some fresh thyme stripped from the stalk over the top, mix to coat and roast until chicken is cooked and potatoes are browned. Delish!
When cooked remove from the pan add a little stock to the pan and simmer until reduced, I syn a bit of gravy granules but you can get away without.
My son loves it!

Really liking the sound of that Shirleen, Definately going to try it! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Have been having black tea with a lemon wedge and 2 tsp of sweetener and it is lush! And I'm saving my HexA allowance so I could have cheese with my lunch! Thanks for the idea. Although how you got through 3 lemons a day, I don't know! X

I'm mixing lemon and lime at the mo :) added lemon juice to my chicken marinade last night aswel :) xx

well, heres my lemony update!! the scales are finally moving! i have lost a pound since thurs! and i am finally under 10 and a half stone! hurrah for lemons!!!

carrot_tit said:
Going to start this from Monday. Bought a bag of lemons but am wondering whether the bottled lemon juice would be better value? Does anyone else use bottled instead?

I use bottles juice! And I'm still having the same sort of losses as when I was having juiced lemons :)

Noddynoobs said:
well, heres my lemony update!! the scales are finally moving! i have lost a pound since thurs! and i am finally under 10 and a half stone! hurrah for lemons!!!

That's brilliant, well done!

sl1nkyminny said:
I use bottles juice! And I'm still having the same sort of losses as when I was having juiced lemons :)

So glad you posted this. Was waiting for a reply to this question.

Lemon and sweetener in boiling water to be made now :D

Oh so next question- with the bottled lemon juice- how many tablespoons do u use in a cup?

I am trying this! Partly because I have started taking iron tablets and you are advised to have more citrus in your diet to help absorption. I am using the bottled stuff - 3 tablespoons in a wineglass, topped up with water. Sour but refreshing - a bit like still lemonade! I guess you could add sweetner if you don't like sourness that much, but I actually rather like the taste without.

I am going to try this too I have a big water bottle at work that I drink out of so will make it lemony water from now on an might even try lemon in my tea ...... Maybe lol maybe we could all eat lemons like grapefruit lol with a sprinkle of sweetener on haha

Back