Not sure if its helped but thought id share :)

Ok, not rose as much as I would of hoped, but tastes amazing, whole cake comes to 62syns, it can probably be made lower, I made my first one completely with sweetener but it didn't taste right, this one is half sugar half sweetener the original recipe had 300g sugar, so basically whatever amount of sugar you take out use 0.5g of sweetener per 5g sugar. ie 150g sugar is 15g sweetener, 300g sugar is 30g sweetener. We split ours into 14 slices which made 4.5syns.

Ingredients

For the cake:
150g Caster Sugar (29.5 syns)
15g sweetener
50g Flora extra light (4.5 syns)
4 eggs (seperated)
225g 0% fat greek (or greek style yogurt)
Zest of 1 large lemon
175g Self raising flour (28syns)

For the Lemon curd filling:
3 tablespoon splenda
Rind and juice 1 lemon
2 eggs
50g greek yogurt

Method

Grease a 20cm cake round cake tin with frylight. Preheat oven to 180/ fan 160/ Gas 4
Beat together sugar, butter and egg yolks, then add lemon zest and yogurt, whisk until smooth.
Fold in flour and whisk egg whites to a soft peak and fold in.
Put straight in tin and cook for between 1-1 1/4hrs or until skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool.

Method for lemon curd filling:

In bain-marie put rind and sweetener and mix together. Whisk lemon juice and eggs together and add to bowl, keep whisking/stirring over heat until thickens, whisk in yogurt. Allow to cool in fridge for a hour.

Cake finish:
When cake cool, slice half way through and spread the curd between the 2, place top back on and if any curd remaining spread a thin layer on top. Place table spoon of sweetener in sieve and sprinkle of the top.

View attachment 52366

That looks lush!

I'd be interested in that reciepe Ali. I love oranges and lemons :)

Shall ask on thursday for you, as long as my mummy memory doesn't fail me!

Shelly that looks yummy... I miss cake!!

First week of lemon juice, good food wise & a big fat sts! I just don't understand. Gona give up the lemon juice as I have a horrible headache & itch all over due to the citrus. I really had hoped it would work :(

cupcake86 said:
First week of lemon juice, good food wise & a big fat sts! I just don't understand. Gona give up the lemon juice as I have a horrible headache & itch all over due to the citrus. I really had hoped it would work :(

That's disappointing for you. But would def give it up if it's causing itching and headaches.xx

Wannabe-a-minime said:
First week for me and 6lbs off! Been really good foodwise too and i think drinking the lemon juice has made me up my water intake generally.

That's fantastic!

Sounds like you are allergic to lemons and giving it up is a good and safe idea

Had a weekend at friends this week. I tried to be good but a lot of food was out of my control. Carried on with lemon though and lost 2 1/2lb at wi this morn! I'd only lost 7lb from Jan to May but in last 3 weeks on lemon I've lost another 7lb! It seems to be speeding it up for me! Yay!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Brilliant results. I had a half and half week. Good Tuesday to Friday then downhill from there. In hindsight it wasn't too bad but still meant I wasn't 100% but I managed to sts.
Am going to keep at the adding lemon to see if it helps with being no plan fully and doing excercise

steamed lemon chicken for tea for us then!!
Thanks for the tip, hope it works!! <fingers crossed>
x

Hi I'm in on the lemon trick too! :) although I drink cinnamon and lemon in a hot drink which is apparently meant to be really good for weight loss. Started today so I'll let you know next week if it works! :)

Back