nutter nikki's - the push for Xmas

Hubby came back from Denmark last night. He's been away since Tuesday. Said I looked thinner as soon as he walked through the door. So that's a positive, shame about the wine, prob wouldn't have had a drink if he'd come home earlier!

great things said:
Hubby came back from Denmark last night. He's been away since Tuesday. Said I looked thinner as soon as he walked through the door. So that's a positive, shame about the wine, prob wouldn't have had a drink if he'd come home earlier!

It's nice he noticed and said something. A little wine is probably not a bad thing.

Mel!!!!! I wish it was a little wine! It seems to be loads since my mum died. Hard!

my scales have broken :( they're really old but i loved them loads. Tanita ones. so have ordered some new ones but they're probably not going to get here until monday or tuesday. so i'm thinking i'll pop out and get a cheap pair as i can't live without my scales. just goes to show that when i'm with it i'm obsessed with going on the scales morning and night. nearly didn't fall asleep last night because of it. woke this morning and got excited cause it seemed to work but the 'set' button had gone so i couldn't set it. :( so gutted! have ordered something similar but you just get used to using your own set. can't do non digital as they're just not accurate enough. you can move the needle depending on how you stand and if you lean one way or the other. not great as it's weigh day tomorrow so i'm at my most obsessive. had a couple of dodgy days so i NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED my scales really bad!

p.s i have to say that it was the kids that broke them, dude! got water on them from the sink, used them to stand on to brush his teeth etc. not pleased to say the least!

Just read through your diary and wanted to pop in and say hi - i think your doing fab!

Clearly a very hard time for you at the moment, and your so busy with the children and everything else, amazing.

Good luck, keep going!

Maybe Dude was jealous because you were paying too much attention to those scales.

You are an athlete - you really should go by your level of fitness and get yourself weighed in water for a body fat measure. You might weigh heavier than you like - but you are very solid.

Nikki, you need to break out the Beck and work on what's going on in your head. You are doing so well - you are working, taking care of kids, grieving not not only your mother's passing but the last couple of years of her life, you are supporting your dad through all this, your husband is often away and when physically here he's distracted, etc.

I will say that you should make a pact with yourself to have no alcohol or diet soda for two weeks and see how much that helps with the boat, cravings, depression, etc. I think you find it helps to detox.

Hang in there, I'm glad you are back posting.

*Shanny* said:
Your Dude & Em's are funny kids Nikki :) are u still going to buy new ones today? X

Buying new kids? No never could as no o e would take mine :). He he! Yeah, ordered scales last night and have borrowed my dads spare set. Just don't like not know what I weigh or how different these are compared to mine and to CDCs!

MinnieMel said:
Maybe Dude was jealous because you were paying too much attention to those scales.

You are an athlete - you really should go by your level of fitness and get yourself weighed in water for a body fat measure. You might weigh heavier than you like - but you are very solid.

Nikki, you need to break out the Beck and work on what's going on in your head. You are doing so well - you are working, taking care of kids, grieving not not only your mother's passing but the last couple of years of her life, you are supporting your dad through all this, your husband is often away and when physically here he's distracted, etc.

I will say that you should make a pact with yourself to have no alcohol or diet soda for two weeks and see how much that helps with the boat, cravings, depression, etc. I think you find it helps to detox.

Hang in there, I'm glad you are back posting.

Not so much the athlete these days. I've been so lazy. I'm a bit obsessive but had lost my sat nav watch so used it as an excuse not to run, that and the rain! When I run I must have my watch on.

Just back from an epic day. Saw Olympic torch this afternoon. Had dad over for fathers day. Then we went out to go see the Olympic torch party. Took some pictures.

Attachments

• image-2462287036.jpg
    image-2462287036.jpg
    419.7 KB · Views: 41
  • image-2449328729.jpg
    image-2449328729.jpg
    479.5 KB · Views: 45
  • image-3183395951.jpg
    image-3183395951.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 40
great things said:
Just back from an epic day. Saw Olympic torch this afternoon. Had dad over for fathers day. Then we went out to go see the Olympic torch party. Took some pictures.

Awesome!!!

1lb off this week. Better off than on but 1lb is poo

I'd take one pound. Last week I was hoping for over 2 which would make me under 11. But I had a STS. One pound would have brought me closer - but I'm not.

I hope have a good day.

hubby's away again! back tomorrow! School for 3 full days now! :( can't wait til i'm off! really missed being off school!

emily's sports day today! she did really well. i'm proud!

great things said:
hubby's away again! back tomorrow! School for 3 full days now! :( can't wait til i'm off! really missed being off school!

emily's sports day today! she did really well. i'm proud!

Yay! Ems! Go girl. Takes after her mum.

I took part in the patents run. Came 2nd or 3rd out of 8! Not too bad considering I was running in ugg boots!

great things said:
I took part in the patents run. Came 2nd or 3rd out of 8! Not too bad considering I was running in ugg boots!

Those are always so brutal.

Back