nutter nikki's - the push for Xmas

Well. Went to school today. Taught my first session. Did break duty. Started teaching my next session and got called out. One of my dads neighbours had called the school. They'd had to call the ambulance for my dad as he'd fallen. Silly man was trying to take down the summer house himself when he went to step on part of a raised brick border and he missed it. His perception was off. Given himself a nasty shock and apart from bruising, stiffness, swelling and walking difficulties he's come off lightly. We were in there from 12 til just after 3! Nightmare.

Gosh, I'm glad he is going to be okay.

I was so busy yesterday! Had to drop both kids off at their various schools. Then go to my school. Deliberately had an easy day so I could go to see dad at lunchtime and leave school early. I then headed to Zumba and my iPhone player stopped working do I had to give my ladies their money back. Then I went shopping for food for the house! £150 later I headed home! Been naughty this week with my stress! I'm out for a meal Wednesday as it would have been mums birthday.

Bummer about the class -- I hope Wednesday goes well. And the fact that you are trying to get back on your plan is fab. It's going to take time.

My dads leg is looking really bruised. He popped some shorts on and I took a picture. His other side ankle is really bad too!

Attachments

• image-2456863912.jpg
    image-2456863912.jpg
    440.8 KB · Views: 49
Ouch you can see where he landed! Hope it's not as sore as it looks!

"Food is not comfort if you're not comfortable!"

Oh my gosh I just saw on FB Nikki wow that look so painful. How his he today? U got a job for September? X

It looks dreadful, but I am soo glad he wasn't hurt worse. Parents! Jeez!

*Shanny* said:
Oh my gosh I just saw on FB Nikki wow that look so painful. How his he today? U got a job for September? X

Not yet. Have just filled out an application form for 1 and have sent off asking for details of 2 others. What will be will be. I fancy the one I've filled in. It's every afternoon and is about 10 mins away from the kids school!

Application form sent. It's going to be a hard day today. 27th June!

great things said:
Application form sent. It's going to be a hard day today. 27th June!

Fingers crossed for job. Not sure what to say about today. (((((hugs)))))

Worried. I seem to have the weight of the world on my shoulders right now! Since dads fall his legs been swollen, 10 days now. He can't bend it. It's seeping water and blood. He managed to get antibiotics from the doc on Friday. He asked for them on the monday but doc wouldn't give him them. It looks bad. The next door neighbour has been in to dress it for him, she's a nurse. He's taking 2 frusamide (sp) water tablets a day but it's not going down. He can't drive, he's got trouble walking. I feel that he's going to end up in hospital. I'm very worried.

think he's got [h=1]Cellulitis :([/h]

It sounds like it Nikki, get him to go back to the docs. The antibiotics will help but best to get proper diagnosis. Hope he gets better fast.

Surfhunny said:
It sounds like it Nikki, get him to go back to the docs. The antibiotics will help but best to get proper diagnosis. Hope he gets better fast.

It's just bad, really bad. I'm honestly thinking he needs intravenous. It's all red and so is a bit on his other leg. Plus it's from above his knee to his foot.

Take him to casualty don't wait for a GP.

In this case I agree, it's not worth messing about with. Take him to a&e and if NT won't see him JC don't turn anyone away!!

He seems better today. He's stopped feeling sick and has his appetite back.

How does his leg look?

Well got called out of school today. Dad went to docs. His wasn't there but another saw him. He was really shirty with my dad. Was pretty reluctant to see him but did. Told him to go to hospital. He phoned me as I had to get him there. It was a touch and go epic event to whether he was going to be kept in for 3 days. His infection is spreading up his leg and he needed intravenous antibiotics. They decided to give him his first lot today then let him go home and send in the 'special forces' (district nurse team) for tomorrow and Friday. He's back at the hospital Saturday for re-assessment. I mouthed off at our docs tonight when I went for my jab in my butt. Told the receptionist I don't need to go through this right now. I'm going to get a letter in to change docs. Not happy!

Back