o/t 40th suggestions...

MrsEdz

Silver Member
It's the big 40 soon..not sure what to do..don't want to let the occasion pass without notice as definitely not celebrating the next one with an 0 in it! :p

OH has asked what I want to do.. funds are tight, not having a party (don't know enough people!)

Tricky cos it's soo close to christmas and my son & OH both have birthdays in Nov.

Meal out seems a bit boring (and a minefield atm!!)..

Help!

Sx

Why not combine with all of your birthdays and have a mini weekend away? Maybe at family or friends house if funds are tight. Or a day out somewhere YOU want to go doing something different. Cinema/bowling etc is traditional and boring. But what about dry ski slope ski-ing? Ice skating?

Or a pamper day with some girl-friends??

how about go ape - Go Ape - Home Page my boss went there for her birthday and really really enjoyed it.

Since your in Dorset why not have a bit of a random way to celebrate your birthday and have a winter picnic! somewhere nice like lulworth cove or old harrys rocks or just rock up to the beach, wrap up warm take a load of nice nibbly bits that fit in with your plan drag along whoever you want then go for a lovely walk if its dry find somewhere to sit and eat or if its cold and rainy have a nice drive find a nice view and have a munch in the car. My Birthday is also at christmas and me and my other half did this up in the hills near Bolton last year.Luckily the weather was lovely for my walk but my picnic ended up in the car was still a fab way to spend my day and a very cheap one. We did the same for Mr G this year and he is down your way we went to the beach

My 40th in November too.. London with my sis the weekend of my b/day.. out for dinner with DA the night of my b/day.. then huge party the weekend after.. I say milk it too!!!

I too am watching the pennies..

Do you collect tesco club points?? They do day out vouchers with them

Or check out your local rail company .. they sometimes have day out offers such as 2 for 1 etc.

Air miles? You can get hotels with these.. me and Lindam have paid for our London hotel with ours.

Check out Martyn Lewis money website for cheap ideas or special offers

If anyone in your family has an Orange mobile you can get 2 for 1 cinema tickets on a wednesday.

Like the Go Ape suggestion, looks like loads of fun and there's one near me if you fancy it!!

I too milked it, Plymouth theatre Royal twice (Mary Poppins and Flashdance), dinner with parents, dinner with friends, BBQ and pool party, disco, and i am not finished yet! I have a few more friends with 40th's coming up in the next 6 months, and we are having a luxury spa weekend!

It doesnt have to be flash though, just something memorable, and take lots of pics. Oh, and buy a lovely new outfit!;) xx

Like the Go Ape suggestion, looks like loads of fun and there's one near me if you fancy it!!

I too milked it, Plymouth theatre Royal twice (Mary Poppins and Flashdance), dinner with parents, dinner with friends, BBQ and pool party, disco, and i am not finished yet! I have a few more friends with 40th's coming up in the next 6 months, and we are having a luxury spa weekend!

It doesnt have to be flash though, just something memorable, and take lots of pics. Oh, and buy a lovely new outfit!;) xx

Thanks, just feeling a bit grumpy and sorry for myself.. just ignore me it'll pass no doubt.

just don't have the budget for any of these nice things.. ho hum :sigh:

sorry, will stop being grumpy now!! :D

Will start my planning now! first 40th ...next the world

mwaahaahaa

sxx

ooooooooo good idea im 30 at christmas im off to ebay to find a frock :)!! im skint after Lipotrim and dont want to pay loads for clothes because well im going to be too skinny for them as im going to lose loads more on Slimming World :)

MrsEdz the house party idea sounds great make everyone bring something to eat and bring a bottle you can all just get merry and have a giggle and make em all get dressed up astho they are going out on the town

have decided to have the house party thingy..

Having a pamper day with a friend (she's offered to pay :eek: :D)

OH is supposed to be organising something for me & him.. hmmm as long as it's not a star trek convention it'll be fine.!:rolleyes:

So that's three things.. I'm sure my parents will mark the occasion somehow although they are not known for their grand gestures!!!

lost a pound so all is well with the world :cool:

Back