o/t has anyone ever lost their cat?

my beloved cat vanished nearly two weeks ago and isn't to be seen anywhere...we have flyered the village, posters up and knocked around...

i feel so sad...

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your cat. I too have lost a cat, he was a house cat as we lived bottom floor flat and he couldn't get out and when I came home from hospital after having my little girl, one of our friends had been in the kitchen and left the kitchen window open, we didn't realise he was gone til around 3 am and I couldn't find him anywhere, he must've gone out the window, as he was always sneaking about next to the window...we went out and looked for him for ages but no sign, we moved 3 months later and still hadn't seen him, but he was chipped so if he's ever found they'll be able to contact us, but there was quite alot of foxes around that area so i recon he was caught by the foxes either that or made his way to a baby-less home.

From what i've heard cats can sometimes go away for a few days/weeks, if it is getting fed it will be happy and wont feel the need to come home, however if it stops getting food it will be straight back. I doubt anything bad would have happened..if it was chipped or had a collar then you'd have been contacted.

Be strong, i'll keep my fingers crossed for you
:)

im sorry to hear youre going through this. people just dont seem to realize how big a part of your family pets are do they. have you tried asking neighbours to check outhouses and sheds, my neighbours cat got itself stuck in a shed and was there a week before the owner opened it again to get the lawnmower out. it was fine after lots of food and attention, but it just shows how easy it is for them to get into places they shouldnt be.

we had a great big ginger tom before i left home and he vanished. we never found him. i just like to think he got himself a nice home that he lived out the rest of his life in. i hope you find your cat safe and sound soon.

one of my cats once got stuck in the greenhouse - it wasn't summer luckily but my dad had gone down their to clear it out, in the summer it was my cats favourite sun trap so she must have made herself cozy whilst he was cleaning! she was in their 3 days before my dad, sat on the sofa on afternoon darted out of the room when it suddenly realised the last time he saw her was in the greenhouse!! She bolted out of there when he opened the door and straight into the house - she ate like a horse and didn't leave for over a week!!

i really hope yours comes back safe and well!

oh hunnie

My cat has been missing for 5 weeks now :-(

He is microchipped, and very unquie to this area as he is a manx (no tail, well stubby, he was the runt heehee)

We have leaflet dropped everywhere, phoned all the vets and cats proctection, RSPCA ect all within 2 days of him going missing and nothing :-(

Had a couple of posible sightings but nothing when we go calling and looking! (every day since he went missing!) have clocked up a few miles

hope you have good news

there used to be an organisation called pet link or pet safe, its been a few years since i contacted them , basically they take you details and if anyone anywhere reports a cat like yours they put you in touch. unfortunatley we found ours run over, but they were very helpful \9 if they are still going)

My friends cast went 'missing' a few weeks ago, she did the same as you. Leaflets, called on all her neighbours ect. eventually one of her neighbors remembered an old lady who 'rescues' cats. My friend paid her a visit and found her cat.
Do you have a mad cat lady in your village? It might be worth asking round just in case.
I hope you find your pet.

Bumping with some good news:D

My cat came home 2 weeks ago! Just opened the back door and he was there, missing for nearly 5 months:eek:

He is still very skinny, and was covered in scratchs but boy I cried and cried when he walked in:D

Just to say don't ever give up

Bumping with some good news:D

My cat came home 2 weeks ago! Just opened the back door and he was there, missing for nearly 5 months:eek:

He is still very skinny, and was covered in scratchs but boy I cried and cried when he walked in:D

Just to say don't ever give up

That is fantastic news!!!

I got my cat from a rescue centre and I often think about some poor person sitting wondering what happened to their car. Unfortunately he wasn't chipped so they couldn't return him to his owner, but good for me cos he's a fantastic cat, and he's now chipped :D

Back