OBG (Operation Bridal Gown!)

Moss Bros are doing hire 5 suits for price 4 til the end of Jan, just thought I'd let you all know, as I think i'm going to take advantage and save myself £80 :D

Whats the rules on the boys suits - do the fathers have to match the grooms? or just the ushers/best men?

x

Where are you going on honeymoon Elle? Very exciting! I stayed the same this week so quite proud of myself after the Christmas stuffing.

Whats the rules on the boys suits - do the fathers have to match the grooms? or just the ushers/best men?

x

There is no rule hon, it's how you want it. As you know, all Paul's "men" matched, including Aaron and my dad, but we've been to weddings when only the groom and his best man matched, so it's down to the individual, I think.

We are having all the men matching and Moss Bros do a dark brown frock coat suit which looks really nice and will match the bridesmaids :O)

Hi guys!

Ellebear- where are you going? Somewhere fab and sunny I hope?! :D

As for suits, there is no rule. All our guys are matching now. There was some complication with OH wanting a bespoke suit, then both dads said they did too so it looked like only the best man and ushers were going to match so that was giving me a small headache (I was pretending not to care but secretly thinking- I want you all matching god damn it! lol) but then everyone decieded they wanted hired so suits so everyone is matching in the end! We also got hire 4 get one free. (it used to be hire 5 get one free..we were wanting 5 anyway so it worked out the same difference :p)

Hope everyone i having a good week. I wavered a bit today due to work stressing me out but stayed strong. Hoping for 2Ibs this week. WI saturday am :)

Hey guys!! I am going to be on a 4 night safari in Kenya and then flying to Zanzibar for a weeks beach all inclusive :) so best of both worlds!!! Adventure and Sun worshipping!

I am so excited!!

Tomorrow I am going with Mr EB to be, to look at more cakes, and to view wedding rings! woooohooooooo!

x

Hey guys!! I am going to be on a 4 night safari in Kenya and then flying to Zanzibar for a weeks beach all inclusive :) so best of both worlds!!! Adventure and Sun worshipping!

I am so excited!!

Tomorrow I am going with Mr EB to be, to look at more cakes, and to view wedding rings! woooohooooooo!

x

Sounds great Ellebear :D
Enjoy ring hunting :)

Thanks - i am very excited - got some more cake bookings and some bridal fayres coming up again too!!!

xxx

Lost 3Ib this week, Very happy. Have almost (bar 0.5Ib) undone the damage for the whole of December... now need to work on the damage I did in Noveember lol

I stayed the same this week which, I was quite happy with considering I took a 'holiday' the week after Christmas! Going away next week though so that will be a challenge.

Hello! :)

Please can I join this group?! I got engaged at Christmas but we haven't got a date yet - hopefully this year if possible!

I'm not going to a class, although I might join the local one if I end up stuck (like I did before Christmas!)

Hoping to find some inspiration wedding and weight wise here and minimins seems to have so much information!

x

Hi Laura! x
Have you looked at venues yet? Also- weetwood hall , just outside Leeds has got quite a big wedding fayre on on the 23rd January. It was quite good last year. Weetwood Hall is our venue :)

Today I am going into town to have a look at a bridesmaid dress in BHS, to see if the colour is right. Hopefully it is, it would be nice to get that sorted. :)

i went to a wedding fair yesterday and it was great - spoke to a lot of local suppliers and i think i have found some excellent contacts and deals. Wonderful!!!

I just need it all to come together now!!! and get MR EB to be to have a meeting with the Suit Hire companies!!! :) xxx

Have you looked at venues yet? Also- weetwood hall , just outside Leeds has got quite a big wedding fayre on on the 23rd January. It was quite good last year. Weetwood Hall is our venue :)

Today I am going into town to have a look at a bridesmaid dress in BHS, to see if the colour is right. Hopefully it is, it would be nice to get that sorted. :)

My friend had his wedding there in October and it was lovely. The food was really nice.

We have a family friend who has said we can hold the reception in their garden, so I need to speak to them to find out if it's a real offer or not! Fingers crossed it is!

We also need to speak to the Registry Office to see what dates are available.

At first I was so excited, now I've come back down to earth and I feel a bit deflated and overwhelmed. I'm sure I'll be back on track soon!

I'm make things simple, I'm not having bridesmaids - there's a tiny bit of politics in the family, so I'm avoiding that one! I've heard that BHS do some nice dresses - if you are having children as bridesmaids, have a look at Monsoon as they have a sale on at the moment.

NEWSFLASH!!!!!!!!
The bridesmaids arrived from Landybridal, so that's about a month from when I ordered them and they are absolutely fantastic!!!!!!!!!!
I can't get over the quality of them considering they only cost about £65 each. ( I had to pay £8 customs tax, but that's ok)

I'm telling you all if you haven't sorted your BM dresses yet take a look at their website, I can't recommend them highly enough!!!!!

xxxx

Back