Observations, mutterings and the gerbera effect

lookingforme said:
HI Gem
So pleased you are feeling better today. I watched the USA biggest losser last night and every person who hit 100lbs i thought of you.
You could of been there with them, these people are on TV for thier achievements and you are level and they rocked!
I am very proud to know you, be it only on here.

This week we are clearing cobwebs, and a few lb.

Have a lovely day XX

Thank you LFM 'blush'..it's lovely to know you too x

Had another good day today...so back on track well and truly...gonna do some soul searching next week and maybe change my weigh in day to Monday to keep me on the straight and narrow at the weekend and stop the self sabotage!
Gem x

WooHoo hear that girls, we may have another Monday Wiegh in!

The more the merrier I say :)

I found having people to share the day with as given me much more drive.
As for self sabotage, im no angel i sit by and watch the 1lbs roll off :D:D tis all good thou.

Hope you have a good day tomorrow. X

I weighed in this morning ( a day early) with a loss of 0.2 lbs... Very happy with that after the weekend. my WW planner won't let me track it until tomorrow so I might weigh in again tomorrow just for accuracy.

I am on hols from work from tomorrow until 3 May so I am not going to weigh in again until Monday 2 nd May. I am going to aim to stay the same during the holidays and I'm not going to track anything!

Don't worry girls, this is something I do every now and again to give me some " head space" from the diet mentality and prove to myself I can do it without the safety nets of monitoring everything . I kinda try and do it my head if that makes sense and keep it in balance. I do this when I feel myself self sabotaging around the scales and getting obsessive ( which I'm prone to do!)

I will join the Monday weigh on club in the hope the weekends are no longer an excuse to relax a bit! I am still determined to get to the 15's by my birthday which should still be very achievable.

I usually use these mini breaks to do loads of exercise and with the weather predicted so good I think we will be out an d about every day!

I will however log in here most days to see how everyone is getting on!

Observation of the day: I found the strength to say no when my hubby asked if I wanted an Easter egg. So why do I now feel like I'm missing out?! Might buy myself a Small galaxy egg and freeze it. Lasts longer that way!

Whatever you are doing, hope you all have a lovely Easter

Gem x

Hi Gem
Well done for the 2lb loss! and it will be lovely to have you on board for Mondays :)

I wouldnt say you are missing out by not having an Egg. Youare showing you are smarter,wiser and in control.

DO you know If he hadn't of asked you and brought you a CD would you still feel that way? May be hint it if so.

Small Galaxy egg, cant be to much of a sin....is it :eek:lol

I may invent sugar free choclate and then id be worth a mint:D

Have a lovely holiday break from it all, im sure you will be fine, youve come so far. XX

lookingforme said:
Hi Gem
Well done for the 2lb loss! and it will be lovely to have you on board for Mondays :)

I wouldnt say you are missing out by not having an Egg. Youare showing you are smarter,wiser and in control.

DO you know If he hadn't of asked you and brought you a CD would you still feel that way? May be hint it if so.

Small Galaxy egg, cant be to much of a sin....is it :eek:lol

I may invent sugar free choclate and then id be worth a mint:D

Have a lovely holiday break from it all, im sure you will be fine, youve come so far. XX

Thanks LFM
I think you are my lucky mascot.....it was 0.2 lbs loss yesterday ( effectively a sts) BUT I weighed in this morning ( my usual day) and it is 2 lbs down! That will teach me not to take a sneaky peak! Something I usually don't do actually! I am looking forward to joining the Monday weigh in club!

He knows me so well...when I came home from work last night there was a very pretty bouquet of flowers waiting for me :0)

I am going to take him to the cinema....so we have our treats but they are healthy ones! I'd love it if you could invent sugar free mint chocolate!! Yum!

Gem x

Well last weigh in before I change to Monday's and I've lost 2 lbs! Amazed..but it just shows how much our weight fluctuates during the week! I am 0.4 lbs off loosing a stone in this phase and only 2.5 lbs away from the 15 stone barrier.....woohoo!

This has been the greatest Easter present and made me much more determined to get well into the next stone barrier. I can't wait!

Looking forward to a day out, going to Chesil beach and then maybe Weymouth.

Have a lovely day everyone!
Gem x

Weldone on the loss! Gem, it is amazing what the scales do. i did some on and off research last week, and my wieght fluctuated up to 2.5 lbs in 2 hours of getting up.

The trick is to get up, sip a drink and that tells your insides hello its time to get the cogs working. ( im lucky toget some results from that :eek::D) give it 20 to 30 minutes of being up then do it;).

It was something i just had to do.

Realy nice to have more people on Monday I find it so inspiring to share the day.

Bunch of flowers! what a lovely prezzie and, i love Weymouth hope to ride there one day and train back:)

Have a lovely time. Xx

Last edited:
Well done gemsiac, brilliant result! You sound so happy and motivated to take on the next phase..you'll reach your target in no time :)

Aww lovely hubby, so thoughful :D I've got the family's eggs bought and hidden, I'm not a chocolatey person..shock horror :eek::)...so the eggs will stay intact until sunday ;) ....but if there were such a thing as savoury eggs available at easter, that would be a different story.

So pleased you are joining us on a monday :) I 'do' the monday weigh in for the very reason you mentioned, to keep me on track at weekends, it does work!..it is too close to weigh in, to 'spoil' any hard work and splurge at weekends, so once I reach saturday night/sunday morning, I know I'm less likely to fall off the wagon, and monday arrives so quickly.

Have a special easter weekend, enjoy being out and about at the beach and Weymouth :)

lookingforme said:
Weldone on the loss! Gem, it is amazing what the scales do. i did some on and off research last week, and my wieght fluctuated up to 2.5 lbs in 2 hours of getting up.

The trick is to get up, sip a drink and that tells your insides hello its time to get the cogs working. ( im lucky toget some results from that :eek::D) give it 20 to 30 minutes of being up then do it;).

It was something i just had to do.

Realy nice to have more people on Monday I find it so inspiring to share the day.

Bunch of flowers! what a lovely prezzie and, i love Weymouth hope to ride there one day and train back:)

Have a lovely time. Xx

It's quite scary isn't it...that we rely so heavily on what the scales say....I just jump out of bed and get on...cant usually wait! Lol

You must live fairly near to me then? I'm based in Poole.

Hope you are feeling better and are enjoying this beautiful weather!

Gem x

RainbowRose said:
Well done gemsiac, brilliant result! You sound so happy and motivated to take on the next phase..you'll reach your target in no time :)

Aww lovely hubby, so thoughful :D I've got the family's eggs bought and hidden, I'm not a chocolatey person..shock horror :eek::)...so the eggs will stay intact until sunday ;) ....but if there were such a thing as savoury eggs available at easter, that would be a different story.

So pleased you are joining us on a monday :) I 'do' the monday weigh in for the very reason you mentioned, to keep me on track at weekends, it does work!..it is too close to weigh in, to 'spoil' any hard work and splurge at weekends, so once I reach saturday night/sunday morning, I know I'm less likely to fall off the wagon, and monday arrives so quickly.

Have a special easter weekend, enjoy being out and about at the beach and Weymouth :)

Thanks Rose.. I was VERY happy with it!

I have a colleague who doesn't care much for chocolate...I certainly don't have it very often but when I do...oh boy it's a danger!
I love the savoury eggs too! Lol

Thank you for the lovely Monday weigh in welcome ( and thanks to LFM too! ) I certainly think it's the right thing for me!

Gem x

We didn't go to Weymouth yesterday...long story about the film we wanted to see not being available at the time we wanted so we went to Badbury Rings and Kingston Lacy instead... Walked for an hour up at the rings and another 3 hours down at the house. We joined the national trust so we can have a lot more days out this year.
I confess to a scone, jam and clotted cream which I thoroughly enjoyed....then we came back home for the afternoon, had a light salad for tea and went to the cinema in the evening. I had 3 extra strong mins .through the film and did not feel deprived for my usual bag of sweets. So a lovely day was had with lots of sunshine and activity!

We got up early this morning and cycled down to Sandbanks, sat on the beach for a while which was really warm for 8 in the morning and then cycled round the peninsula and back home ( about 15 miles ). There is a hill called Evening Hill which is pretty steep to cycle on the way back and has always been my nemisis and I always get off half way up.....well today ....tadaa! I cycled right the way to the top only dropping to first gear for the last few yards.....I was sooo proud of myself! Had tears in my eyes and my legs burned like he'll but wow! What a sense of achievement!

We then went shopping in tescos...a feat in itself on a BH Saturday and I've just had a lovely skinny " fry up" which will last me until a light salad for tea!

My body doesn't know whats hit it with yet another visit from the red fairy this weekend ( had one only two weeks ago!) so I'm going to go and see a doctor next week just to get checked over as I have been warned this could mean complications with my implant so fingers crossed it's nothing serious.

I also have an intriguing visitor this afternoon. A friend of my son wants to talk with me face to face about something " very serious" ....I have no idea what's coming which s a bit disturbing! It's a female friend he's known since he was little was I don't know her very well so am curious as to " why me?" all will be revealed at 3.30!

I have named my inner devil Fred...you know the one who does all the craving and telling me I am rubbish...well I've decided to give my "good" side a voice too and she will be known as Angelina......all angelic and also Ms Jolie is someone I admire and would love to look like! So there we have it....I'm going to turn up Angelina's microphone and turn down Fred's!

I did buy myself an Easter treat of 2 little Thorntons praline eggs....just to keep the chocolate Fred at bay tomorrow!

Hope everyone is having fun in the sun!
Gem x

hello Gem, (and others)

felt i had to say hello after reading your diary all the way through! just wanted to say how well you are doing! and you have made me giggle a few times aswell!

i have been naughty today and had a creme egg! ooops, but thats my easter treat!

keep up the good work!

Why hello noddynoobs! Lovely to have you along! Thank you for your kind words. I used to LOVE cream eggs but can't eat them anymore. I found that cadburys chocolate triggers my migraines! Thank gawd for galaxy and thorntons!
One won't hurt.....what plan are you following?
Good luck and pop in again when you are about
Gem x

im just healthy eating at the mo, with a bit of a tendancy towards SW. i buy the magazine and have a couple of thier books for idea's but dont follow the plan or go to class.

i havent got a great amount to lose and money is tight so i thought id spend the fiver a week going to Zumba class instead!

i recently gave up smoking (cold turkey) and thought if i can do that, i can do anything! and so far ive proved myself right! and the best bit is, somebody called me a skinny minnie earlier so it must be working! lol

Nobbynoobs
Well done for packing up smoking, thats no easy feat! so yes im sure you will be fine what ever you put your mind to.
Welcome to Minimins:D

Gem welldone on that hill! what an excellent achievement and a 15 mile treck! im sure that put an end to the scones hope of having the penthouse view off your hips.:D

I did laugh at your 3 little characters, they sound to cute to be trouble;)

Hope the young lady is ok at 3.30 :) last time a friends daughter asked to chat to me, it wasn't the best and I kind of wish i wasn't involved :(, So best of luck.

The sentence "telling me i am rubbish"...is so not fair on yourself, tell Fred i will be coming round to sort him out;).

I live in Bristol but the ride to Weymouth would be a nice one, take my time maybe camp 1a one man tent on the way or B&Bs:)

I know Poole stayed at the sandbanks for a training weekend, beautifull area each sq foot was being purchased by the minute.

I must get down to the next Extreme sport event there.

Have a great dya tomorrow. I think youve doen your last chance work out lol
Night XX

Hi Gem
what a great and active day you had and well done on that hill, bet you smiled on the way down the other side :) a fantastic achievement.
Smart idea on the mints at the cinema, must remember that one! What did you see?
Hope you get on okay at docs and everything sorts itself out, how annoying for you.
How intriguing about your son's friend, hope the conversation goes well and is nothing upsetting, maybe just sees you as a good listener and knows you'll give her sensible advice!
You deserve those wee chococlate treats after that mammoth bike ride, hope you enjoyed them :D
I wish I felt the same about all fattening foods as i do about chocolate..I can take it or leave it :) My wee boy has 7 easter eggs at the moment, and they are still all intact! :eek: he'll be opening some today though.
Have a lovely sunday, GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!!! :D

(hello nobbynoobs, welcome aboard :))

Noddynoobs said:
im just healthy eating at the mo, with a bit of a tendancy towards SW. i buy the magazine and have a couple of thier books for idea's but dont follow the plan or go to class.

i havent got a great amount to lose and money is tight so i thought id spend the fiver a week going to Zumba class instead!

i recently gave up smoking (cold turkey) and thought if i can do that, i can do anything! and so far ive proved myself right! and the best bit is, somebody called me a skinny minnie earlier so it must be working! lol

Nobbynoobs sounds good to me...money is tight with us at the moment too so I'm going back to calorie counting soon. Zumba is good fun, been a few times. I do kettle bells now. Well done on the smoking...I gave up 17 years ago now....wow! That seems like a lifetime ago now! Hope you get to your goal soon if you ave t much to loose
Gem

LFM - I'm very lucky to live in such a beautiful place and my cycle to work takes me around the harbour every day which is just magic! I don't know Bristol very well but went to Bath for hubby's birthday last Nov which was great. The hill is a stunning place to survey sandbanks and the harbour and I've always loved it there. It was wonderful to conquer it at last! Your bike ride to Weymouth sounds like a good challenge! Yours and roses support is already sorting Fred out lol. The chat wasn't what I wanted to hear but I very much respect her for talking to me and caring enough about my son to want to help him.

Rose - fantastic feeling freewheeling down a hill.....could be you soon! We saw Source Code at the cinema...decent little film but not as good as Inception. Conversation wasn't easy but I think we've got to the bottom of a few issues invoking my son and his Aspergers. His friend was concerned about some things and was very brave in coming forward to talk to me about it. Watch this space with regards to the docs! Fingers crossed! Got given loads of chocolate today....blooming typical! Lol. Hope you and your family have had a lovely day x

Well it hasn't been the best of days but hasn't been the worst either. We, as a family, cleaned the car today ( momentous occasion as I haven't done it for two years " hangs head in shame" ) we also went to Bournemouth to visit my parents and walked through the gardens to the seafront. It was mega busy and very hot! However food hasn't been great...doughnut, ice-cream, crisps, trifle, cake need I say more?! Still it is Easter Sunday ...just got 3 lots of chocolate to negotiate from my family eek!

Hope everyone has had a super sunday...good job I'm not weighing in tomorrow! , good luck to those who do
Gem x

i love zumba! its the only thing ive found that i actually look forward to going to.

have been good today and went for a long walk with my BF before tea. Had a bit of a hairy moment when we had to cross a field full of cows! they were huge! amd some had horns, only realised half way across!

then came home and had lean beef cooked in fajita spices with cous cous and salad. and it was delish!

Back