Observations, mutterings and the gerbera effect

Hi Rose and ...good to see you back in the fold LFM .....romances are a real roller coaster at the best of times so keep smiling, you seem to be doing really well!

It's been a very strange week all round. I fell back into old habits for three days, minimal ( next to nothing) activity and choosing higher calorie foods but by thursday I had had enough of feeling blurgh, got on the wii fit in the morning and went for a long walk at lunchtime. Friday I walked into work and another walk at lunch and I feel so much better today. It's like my body now tells me off for slacking! Lol

I am gearing up to get back into loss mode. I've really enjoyed my time out and not worrying about things too much and being a size 18 but Come what may on Monday I'm going back to writing it all down again. I need the next stone off. My body has changed shape again and it's all settling down so time to shock it back into losing.

I have still been very busy but my work project has been extended by two months so the absolute pressure is off and advertising slows down for a bit in the school holidays. I am applying to be a school governor, something I have always wanted to do and now is the time. That will keep me busy some evenings and im starting to receive orders for my crafting from work colleagues for Christmas presents so my hands will be stuck up with glue, gems and glitter and I can't eat!

I will start post something everyday from Monday again ...have a great weekend peeps
Gem x

hello Gem
lovely to hear you're going along at the right pace. I look forward to seeing your posts daily again, and catching up with you.

Pleased to hear work is a little less hectic now and good luck with your application :)

Ok I know I pledged to write every day....and I did but it disappeared!

So ...yesterday...1.2 lbs on as expected. Got to stop now.

Breakfast: weetabix and ss milk
Snack: fresh pineapple
Lunch: chicken and salad roll, sun bites, yoghurt
Snack: munch bar
Dinner: salmon fillet, new pots, broccoli and cauliflower
Snack: half a banana and yoghurt

1500 ml water and two cups of tea

Today:

Snack: banana
Lunch: turkey and salad roll, pineapple, yoghurt
Snack: munch bar, apple
Dinner: homemade spaghetti Bol with wholemeal pasta

Yesterday was difficult to keep away from biscuits and cakes at work but my mindset is quite firm now. The next 14 lbs is my target. I want to buying my new winter wardrobe in a size 16. I have no winter clothes now so better start saving up! I might keep my walking coat as it was new last year but it drowns me already! Still got a feeling I might be feeling the cold more this winter!

Have a good day peeps!

Gem x

Love the mindset Gem :) and your menus look delish!

good idea to keep the coat, even too big, you can pile on the woolies under it..as losing fat will make you feel the cold more this year, you are right! :)

That wee gain will be off next week, and maybe some more too!

Ok I know I pledged to write every day....and I did but it disappeared!

So ...yesterday...1.2 lbs on as expected. Got to stop now.

Snack: fresh pineapple
Lunch: chicken and salad roll, sun bites, yoghurt
Dinner: salmon fillet, new pots, broccoli and cauliflower
Snack: half a banana and yoghurt

Today:

Snack: banana
Lunch: turkey and salad roll, pineapple, yoghurt
Snack: munch bar, apple
Dinner: homemade spaghetti Bol with wholemeal pasta

Yesterday was difficult to keep away from biscuits and cakes at work but my mindset is quite firm now. The next 14 lbs is my target. I want to buying my new winter wardrobe in a size 16. I have no winter clothes now so better start saving up! I might keep my walking coat as it was new last year but it drowns me already! Still got a feeling I might be feeling the cold more this winter!

Have a good day peeps!

Gem x
Hi Gem,
im hoping to have that very same problem this winter, all my clothes too big, you have done amazingly well, what dress size were you when you started? i've lost just over a stone things are a little bit loose but im still size 24/26 and at only 5 feet tall its not a good look:) i feel 5 feet wide not sure how wide my ass is, really dont want to know:eek:

mspiggy said:
Hi Gem,
im hoping to have that very same problem this winter, all my clothes too big, you have done amazingly well, what dress size were you when you started? i've lost just over a stone things are a little bit loose but im still size 24/26 and at only 5 feet tall its not a good look:) i feel 5 feet wide not sure how wide my ass is, really dont want to know:eek:

I am only 5 ft 2 and I was a size 32 at my biggest :0( I've been a size 18 since late May. I still have a pair of size 32 shorts which I can stand in one leg now! It's a long journey and I still don't feel anywhere near what I want to be, but I'm in no hurry. If I can loose a clothes size every 6 months and keep it off...that's my aim.

My advice would be to take each stone ( or half stone) as a separate journey. If you have a bad meal/ day/ week try and keep it in proportion. Make make small adjustments for the next meal/ day/ week and any gain will go away quickly.

For example despite all my good intentions I've had fish and chips for tea tonight! However, I now have a medium piece of cod and 2 thirds of a standard bag of chips ....I would have eaten large portions of both plus a huge bar of chocolate before so it's a big improvement even though I haven't chosen the wisest meal! I will cycle to work and back tomorrow and any negative effects will be minimised.

It's so easy for me to think ...well I've blown it this week, I might as well have " blah blah " now. I guess I've learned not to get on too high a wagon so when I inevitably fall off I don't have too far to climb up again :0) everyone is different though, and my dear mate Rose is tackling her journey in a different way, so my advice to you would be to take this time to find out how you really tick. What triggers your over eating is a big thing. Mine was a deep unhappiness when I was really binge eating and that took me quite a few years to stop. Now I'm happy, I eat when I'm under pressure, tired or bored. I've tackled the boredom with crafting and forgive myself if I'm stressed or tired.

Sorry it's turned into a bit of a novel! However you are choosing to do this, I am very pleased to know you and look forward to sharing our journeys

Have fun!
Gem x

Thank you so much Gem,
thats a lot of really useful advice, and im gony remember it when i have the odd lapse, which will probably happen at some point because im in this for as long as it takes, thanks again hun xx

You are welcome Ms Piggy...it helped me actually. I feel sluggish this morning so I'm going to walk to work and back today. That will give me the calories I need for yesterday's fish and chip supper and make me feel much better hopefully!

Breakfast : weetabix and ss milk
Snack : banana
Lunch: turkey salad roll, twiglets, yoghurt, apple
Dinner: spaghetti Bol !

Walking 6.5 miles plus 2 miles at lunchtime

Have a great day!

Gem x

wonderful advice there Gem :).. and oh so true!..everyone tackles weight issues differently and once we all find out what clicks for us...we deal with it!!!! :D

I couldn't bear the unhappiness excess weight brought me on a daily basis...or the scary health issues :eek:..and thought just how many times can one woman fall off the wagon in a lifetime??? :)..i reckon in my case, it has been 7,448, at the last count!!! :D :D :D :D

here's to a good day, and your lovely wee treat last night was well worth it i bet..yum yum..AND you are doing the right thing as usual, everything in moderation and cutting back on portion size. I was just talking to my nurse about that very thing yesterday!

Sheepish post.....not doing too well food wise but I'm so needing a break at work its ridiculous, the body is strong but the mind is weak....so back to square one, concentrating on staying the same. The weather will help ..we are hoping for a long walk along the beach tomorrow.

Two weeks time I will be on my last day for three weeks...yay! Then I can really get myself back into mindset.

Arghhhhhhh sometimes this is so hard! :0(

Gem x

hello Gem

don't panic..i know once your mind is in the right place, there is no stopping you! You NEED that holiday, and its on its way lovey, not long now!

The good thing is you came on here to confess how you are feeling, which shows you still want to do it :) You could just have disappeared under a mountain of chocolate..but you didn't!

When I have decided to change my ways in the past....I've had to physche myself up for it for a few days beforehand. Choosing my start day, shopping for the foods I will eat, reminding yself why I am doing it etc etc...so take a couple of days to get into the right frame of mind, it might be this week, it might be next week..or the first day of your holiday!! :).....just plan it, and go for it!!!!!

I'm always here if you need a chat on or offline hun x

Your a strong one Gem you be fine!! XXXX

Thank you for the support guys...I'm relieved to report a stay the same. I'm going to walk to work and back today.

Have a lovely day

Gem x

Hiya not a great week again...gawd where is my head at?!?!

I did buy wii zumba today and have done the 20 mins beginner class....wow that hurt! But it was fun and might help.

Had to drive 250 miles yesterday to attend a funeral...not a good end to the week. I have 5 more working days to go before my break. I really want to get back in the losing mode so I'm going to give myself two more weeks of sts as mum in law is down visiting for a few days then I'm gonna really go for it again..I still want to be size 16 for the winter!!

Have a lovely weekend peeps

Gem x

Hi Gem

sorry to hear the road is a little rocky just now, but you've got the right idea, gather all that determination, return the glint to your eyes...and in a few days....GO FOR IT!!!!

Maybe once you are in holiday mood, and a different routine, you'll use it to your advantage....and the road will be rocky NO MORE :)

Good luck lovey x

Well another gain 1.4 lbs and I'm now 16 2.4 lbs...NOT GOOD!

Still, I'm drawing a line today and now the weather has cooled down the activities won't seem so mammoth a task! 2 walks planned today totalling a little over 5 miles..have planned my food and I'm going to stay away from sugar this week as this is definitely one of my triggers for over eating so back to herbal tea and no coffee as this has been creeping up. I also haven't been on the bike as the grockles are a nightmare in the school hols so will get back on that in sept to travel to work. Just those two things are key to my struggling recently I think and I don't need to wait until my holiday to get back off the sugar!

Breakfast ...weetabix
Lunch..wholemeal roll with pastrami and tomato, yoghurt, apple
Snack ...banana
Dinner...quorn escalopes, jacket potato and baked beans

Drinking lots of water!

Im going to start Bonus activities to combat the non cycling ....20 min zumba on the wii ...30 mins on biggest loser....15 mins on the multi gym...30 mins wii fit. I am aiming for minimum of three this week on top of lots of walking. Watch this space!

Have a good week peeps

Gem x

Good on you gem! Start afresh, motivation seems high again!! Have a super day x

yay!! Gem's back on the road to success :) Loving the determination, the wee gain will soon be history...grrr to the nasty cravings...BEGONE cravings :)....good luck hun, have a great day and week ahead!

Thanks guys... It has been a much better day today, although I have a banging headache....withdrawal from the sugar and the caffeine no doubt! I've done everything I planned and because I walked home, leaving my car at work...I have to walk in to work tomorrow no matter how I'm feeling in the morning :0) it feels good to be in control again , long may it continue
Gem x

Back