Observations, mutterings and the gerbera effect

Thanks guys... It has been a much better day today, although I have a banging headache....withdrawal from the sugar and the caffeine no doubt! I've done everything I planned and because I walked home, leaving my car at work...I have to walk in to work tomorrow no matter how I'm feeling in the morning :0) it feels good to be in control again , long may it continue
Gem x
Right back in the zone Gem, excellent ! you know you want this and you know you gony do it !:) you're an inspiration:)

Thanks for the support guys....Good to report another balanced day yesterday, 5 miles walked and stuck to plan, also we had a massive office clear out yesterday so did quite a bit of heavy labour and boy do I ache this morning!

I'm working in Bournemouth today so will have to take the car but will do some bonus exercise tonight to make up for it.

Breakfast weetabix
Lunch wholemeal roll , smoked ham and salad, yoghurt, apple
Snacks banana and melon
Dinner half a pizza and salad

Headaches are subsiding so hopefully I will wake up tomorrow feeling tigger like. Finding it easy to avoid the sugar so far and it's amazing how different I feel not eating it.

And only three days to go before I can step off the treadmill for a while.

Enjoy the day peeps
Gem x

Sounds good Gem :)

You'll be glad of the car if your weather down there is like mine up here!:eek:

..lashing rain, woke me up this morning, who needs an alarm clock? :)

have a good day x

Well howdy guys, hope life is treating is well. I was doing great until yesterday lol...got a bit demob happy so had a small chocolate cake and a curry last night to celebrate 3 weeks of freedom!

The curry was amazing but I couldn't eat a lot of it so we had the rest for breakfast this morning...I LOVE cold curry for breakfast.....anyhow, drawing a line under that and won't be eating much else today as I'm still full now!

I have cleaned all my carpets and windows this morning as mum in law is staying with us for a few days next week and they need doing so have worked up a sweat doing that!

Plan to do more cleaning with my new steamer this afternoon...

Happy weekend guys!

Gem x

Decided to weigh in today as I have a very early start tomorrow to drive to London.

Drum roll please...........5.4 lbs OFF! It's amazing what staying off sugar does to my body, really kicks my metabolism into place.

I will catch up with everyone next week when I will have the luxury of time. Have a lovely Sunday guys and good luck to all Monday weigh ins
Gem x

Wow that's amazing!! Seriously just keeping off sugar?? Well done you x

Hi peps
Yes I find if I come off sugar ( when i say sugar i don't mean all carbs like potato and banana just processed sugar like biscuits and cake and added sugar in tea) for five days minimum it really works. I do get horrible headaches for the first 2-3 days but long term it controls my cravings too so I try and recalibrate my body every 6 months or so as the sugar level has a tendency of creeping up over time. But i do snack and I love my food so I don't want to deny myself long term whilst I am loosing weight as I then binge eat big style.....this approach works for me in keeping the snacking under control but having little bits of pleasure along the way!
Gem x

Wow ! well done, thats really fantastic, you are doin so so great, that must be about 6 stone gone? and with all that steaming, you will probably have another good loss next week too, my wi this morning and i have lost 2lb (had secretly hoped for 3), doesnt really have the :wow: factor of 5.4, but still a loss, keep it up Gems you're doin incredibly well !

And you will again my dear friend Rose :0) thanks as always for you support x thanks mspiggy sometimes I find this weight management lark very difficult and sometimes it's a breeze but it's all about averages for me and I'm still slowly creeping downwards in general. I am 4 lbs away from a 7 stone loss "gulp" ...
Aiming to stay within 3 pounds up or down during the next three weeks holiday and then come september when I refreshed and ready to go, get the next stone off for a new winter wardrobe.
Gem x

Decided to weigh in today as I have a very early start tomorrow to drive to London.

Drum roll please...........5.4 lbs OFF! It's amazing what staying off sugar does to my body, really kicks my metabolism into place.

I will catch up with everyone next week when I will have the luxury of time. Have a lovely Sunday guys and good luck to all Monday weigh ins
Gem x

Thats Amazing Gem, it is surprising what sugar does and bread.
Theres been nosugar or bread in the house for near on 3 years. I do have it in tea thou when im out but i need to cut that right out now.

Will read more past posts and pop back. Amazing loss mate so glad to be reading all these positive things. getting inpiration over load here lol.
XX

Hi guys

First week of holiday has been totally out of routine with mum in law staying an extra day due to the severe flash flooding we had on Thursday. I have never seen our local area this bad with three severe thunderstorms, one after the other. We made the best of the patchy sunshine the rest of the week with days out but limited activity as mum in law is very overweight, smokes and is very breathless. I have driven over 600 miles which is probably more than I have driven in the last 6 months and eaten more takeaways than ever and slept on a sofa. I'm not holding out any hope to stay under 16 stone tomorrow!

On the good side I feel dreadful! Heartburn, lethargy, achy, dizzy and just yuck! Seeing mum in law like that at just 61 has just made me even more determined to keep going. After a week of my old lifestyle i am craving long walks/cycles, healthy meals and feeling achy for the right reasons! So....tomorrow is back to normal with a little extra effort to kick start the metabolism. No sugar or caffeine for a week and extra water and Activity every day....size 16 here I come!

Just have to say here we saw the red arrows fly on Friday and was devastated to learn of Jon Eggings death yesterday, red arrow 4 came down in a local field after the display in Bournemouth yesterday. RIP x

Gem x

hello Gem

pleased you are finally getting some time to yourself and enjoying your holiday :)..well if you can't have a takeaway on holiday, when can you? :)

You sound so motivated for a new start tomorrow, and sometimes we do need to 'see' a relative, friend or even a stranger to make us rethink our own lifestyle.

So sad about the red arrow pilot yesterday, i saw it on the news, tragic..and must have been so upsetting for you to witness.

Here's to a good week ahead Gem, enjoy this lovely holiday time and good luck for weigh in tomorrow..never say never!..you may be surprised!

Good morning!
As predicted a large gain "sigh" and I'm back up to 16 1.8 lbs. BUT I'm still less than I was 2 weeks ago and since my birthday in May I have only put on 2 pounds which for me, whilst trying to stay the same, has been a brilliant result as I usually gain rapidly whilst under pressure. NOW I'm going down again.

I have another 2 weeks off work to get my head, heart and body firmly back into it. I'm excited and enthused again about loosing some more. I will post a couple of piccies later and take my measurements as a starting point this time. My goal for the next 4 months is:

To reach a comfortable size 16 by Christmas, I will find a dress or top to hang up to give me incentive.

I will do this by:

recording my food intake daily using my fitness pal
Recording my activity output daily using my fitness pal
Drinking 2/3 litres of water daily
Writing in this diary a minimum every other day recording mood swings,behaviours, aches and pains and observations

Week One - on holiday
Detox from caffeine and sugar
Complete an activity every day
Revisit and research recipes, plan and shop for some delicious healthy balanced meals
Listen to Paul McKenna hypnosis CD every day
Find 10 minutes headspace every day

I'd just like to thank you all for your unwavering support, it's really helped me to keep things at the back of mind even if I haven't been in the best of places to keep loosing. You are all wonderful people and I like to think whilst on a mission to feel comfortable in my own skin I've made a few good friends along the way! Cheers!

Gem x

Morning Gem
Not to worry about the increase your head sounds so much in the right place i can't see this causing you a problem.

That feeling you have were something ( usually people) have broken your cycle and you are all over the place and feeling all those revolting feelings like old...ive had that...It makes me want to drop to my kness crying..."get out my space"...get away from me...cant you see im trying to do something amazing and focused and productive and healthy here to prolong my life and you...you! yoooooooou! are stopping me. lol

Ooooo does it do my nut in can you tell lmao.

So that drive and yearning and missing of what you have found will keep yu going and its great to see how youve grabbed it and already put it to use.

We saw the Red Arrows last Sunday, horrible to think someone was in the plane and now will never be. Realy sad news. last years the Government wanted to shut them down for costs, i just hop they dont grab this now as a reason. red Arrows are awsome.

Sounds like you have agreat week ahead

catch you soon XX

Nice, sensible attitude and approach as usual Gem..you go for it...that size 16 dress is awaiting for you under the xmas tree! :)

have a successful week, your plan sounds great and you my dear..are so going to do this! :)

Thanks Rose and LFM :0)

Day One has been brill!

Calories eaten 1666
Activity calories earned 1083
957 calories under goal...I may have something small later if I am genuinely hungry.

We walked 8 miles along the beach and through wooded terrains from the studland ferry to Old Harry Rocks, and had a healthy picnic lunch on the cliff top. The weather has been beautiful and I've caught a healthy glow without burning...very relaxing day.

I am tired but aching in the right places and feel I've made a good start. Headache from the detox is minimal at the moment but that may kick in tomorrow. I'm really hoping it's not as bad as the last time!

Gem x

Good luck Gem hope that pain isnt bad for you too:(.

Your water intake is always great which will help, id try take milk thistle as well;). XX

Back