Observations, mutterings and the gerbera effect

Blimey where did that week go...sorry ladies for my absence....thanks for checking in on me and congrats on reaching over 5 stone loss Rose....
Fantastic!!! LFM ...step off those scales lol....but you seem to be having a great time so good on you! Well done Jayde ( if you are reading this) your new energy is infectious!

Me? Yes very busy as usual and that's gonna step up a gear I'm afraid...got big promotion job interview tomorrow. If I get it it will increase my salary by £15 k per year...but with that comes a sharp learning curve and 15 k worth of responsibility! It is only to cover for a maternity leave for 6-7 months so not forever but a good opportunity non the less.
If I don't get the job, my governorship application has been accepted and I have to visit three schools who all want my skills on their boards....and because hubby and i have received just under 5k for just one of our ppi claims I'm going to go back to open university to finish a degree in business management...phew! Don't take on much do I? Hee hee!

I have also received some commissions from gemsaics.com for Xmas presents....so weekends fly by too!

Weight? Lost 0.2 lbs this week so fairly stable....I still want to loose more but it's not my only priority as you can see....hopefully once I know what's happening tomorrow then I can plan the next 12 months or so and work the healthy living into that plan.

I went to docs on Friday.....she was very pleased with me...blood pressure down and weight down over 20 kgs since last time! At least it's in the right direction....

Ok back into work mode...I may not post much but I still read all your posts! Much love x

Gem x

woweeee. what a busy woman you are!

Very good luck with interview tomorrow, fingers tightly crossed, please let us know how it goes :)

massive congrats on governorships, well done you!!! and so impressed you are completing an open university course..ooh all good isn't it...so pleased for you!

Orders for Gemsaic, the lucky vibes are surrounding you hun, you are sure to get that promotion :D

..and losing weight..yipppeeee :)

Looking forward to your next post Gem x

What a work horse! welldone on the PPI claim what a lovely way to use the money...to make more money :D;).

Good luck with the open uni course when will it start?

XX

Hi peeps

Just having a little break from cleaning the flat which I have to myself today as both boys are out working hard!

I did not get the job but my main reaction was relief so thanks to karma I am a happy bunny! Registering for OU next week after pay day to start 1 november. Just a 30 pointer to start with to ease me into it...it will give me something to do apart from eat during the winter months!

I shall be visiting schools soon before I make decision of where to lay my hat regarding the governorship.

Work project Is going live a week on Monday ...eek! But after that the pressure will be better and I can get back into a routine again (fingers crossed!)

With everything going on this week healthy lifestyle hasn't been my top priority but I'm trusting in the habits I have formed that I have not strayed too far from the path. Activity hasn't been great though due to hip really playing up. Need to see doc next week I think for some tests, hoping it's not arthritis :0( last thing I need is to have to stop now!

I have made a pact with hubby that we are not going to watch tv until 8.30 pm each evening so we have time to do other things....it's so easy just to come home, switch on the tv and eat! Hopefully this will keep me a little more active each day or at least away from the mind numbing stuff! The study etc will keep me pretty busy anyway.

Keep smiling peeps x

hi gem, lovely to 'see' you back busy lady! sorry to hear about the new job, bu if you feel relief, then perhaps on this occasion, it wasn't meant to be hun..what's for you, won't go by you etc etc!!!

Good idea to leave tv off till 8.30. hope it all works out..BUT what will you and hubby do instead of watching tv????? ;)

have a good, happy and successful week :D

Morning! Slipped back under the 16's at 15 13.8 lbs. Must admit to feeling bloated and thought I had gained this week so very pleased with that.

Really busy week ahead....only 7 days to the launch of my project. Need to stay focused so going to get some exercise in today even if it kills my hip! But will make an appointment with the docs too.

Have a great week folks and good luck for the Monday weighers x

Morning Gem welldone on chasing that stone marker again lol
Hope your Hip gets the ok, we have given them a bashing havent we :rolleyes:
Spoon full of cod liver oil a day and ge them all greased up :D:D:D

Let us know how you get on

Have a nice day XX

Sorry to hear bout the job though you sound happy enough without it so that's good :)

Like what you say about the TV - is too easy isn't it

And well done on being below 16st again!
x

Morning peeps.....well it's the last day at work before my project goes live on Monday.....eek! I'm up and already breakfasted at 5.30 am with a long day ahead.
Got the docs tonight about my joints, not hoping for much...probably more mumbles about lose more weight I expect! Although I have to say the doc I'm seeing is a larger lady herself so you never know..might actually get taken seriously for once.

Looking forward to starting business as usual next week instead of the pressure of the last 6 months.

Activities have been good this week with walking and cycling , food not so great. Wish I could switch that focus switch on again. We are going to book a foreign holiday soon so hopefully it will be the incentive I need to kick my arse into gear!

Hot weather means the beach on Sunday and a total relax day..will probably cycle there so looking forward to that.

Have a lovely weekend whatever you are doing x

have a great weekend Gem , hope everything runs smoothly on the work front next week, and your docs appt goes well later :)

oooh planning a holiday, where are you thinking???

Thanks Rose...well docs opinion is I have " arthritic changes" in my joints and all I can do at this stage is manage my pain. Gentle exercise, more non weight baring...so swimming or aqua aerobics ..and yes...loose some more weight. I have to balance the pain with exercise so I don't overdo it but don't stop moving either. So glucosamine and chronditine , paracetamol and ibuprofen and if this still doesn't help go back for a stronger prescription ...oh joy!

Must get head back into the zone ....whilst I'm eating my Chinese tonight ;0)

Oh Gem, what a shame, hope the medication gives you some relief...you deserve that chinese (yum!)

Enjoy your week, and plan that holiday to take your mind off your discomfort :)

Morning Gem
Sorry to here about the doctors results.
Its odd as i read your post. im sat here and not focused and foods have been terrible.
Ive had awfull pains in skeletol areas for the past 2 to 3 weeks. Old injuries that i know i have but never agrivate me like they are now.

I asked my self these questions last night

1, is it the lack of the sensible diet that i was on
2, Ive put on again in places
3, Sleep is poor as food is poor and exercise is missing that used to relax me and work out any tention.
4, Im depressed due to all the above
5, when depressed cant get back into that focus thus causing more stress

added all together thats why ive become....a sitting pain of bad food munching, growing mess and i realy do hate it.

So before it gets to far i have to make a stand but OMG how hard can it get.
So you and me honey in the same boat maybe??

Both strong people thou buddy, look how far we have come! and i know we can go further too.

always reminds me of a kid when jumping on a moving round about, im here just waiting for the right space to jump and grab a hold to have a wicked ride of thrill and achievement..

hope you had a lovely ride to the beach

catch you soon XX

lookingforme said:
Morning Gem
Sorry to here about the doctors results.
Its odd as i read your post. im sat here and not focused and foods have been terrible.
Ive had awfull pains in skeletol areas for the past 2 to 3 weeks. Old injuries that i know i have but never agrivate me like they are now.

I asked my self these questions last night

1, is it the lack of the sensible diet that i was on
2, Ive put on again in places
3, Sleep is poor as food is poor and exercise is missing that used to relax me and work out any tention.
4, Im depressed due to all the above
5, when depressed cant get back into that focus thus causing more stress

added all together thats why ive become....a sitting pain of bad food munching, growing mess and i realy do hate it.

So before it gets to far i have to make a stand but OMG how hard can it get.
So you and me honey in the same boat maybe??

Both strong people thou buddy, look how far we have come! and i know we can go further too.

always reminds me of a kid when jumping on a moving round about, im here just waiting for the right space to jump and grab a hold to have a wicked ride of thrill and achievement..

hope you had a lovely ride to the beach

catch you soon XX

Bang on LFM.....really need to get back with the program, just been feeling very sorry for myself as my exercise to work is not deemed gentle enough. I didnt even bother weighing in yesterday as food choices have been dreadful. I gave my self a long talking to in the shower this morning and today I'm changing back to whole foods until I feel better...which will take me a few days. Then I want to refocus at the weekend. I need to alter my exercise to include more yoga and stretching...and more gentle cardio, which does include cycling to work 2or3times a week but spaced out and no pounding the pavements for three miles. It's just a small adjustment really but felt devastating. I'm going to take my measurements and set a new goal. So come on LFM , we CAN do this! :0)

Thanks also for your support Rose, bet you are getting excited about your holiday x

Gem x

I know how much you both want to do this..i also know that both of you will find the strength and motivation to do it! It is so very easy to fall of that wagon, and if your mind is't in the right place, it is a very hard struggle..i know, i have fought with myself for too many years..and kept excusing myself for falling into bad comfortable eating habits...and the lbs and stones just kept piling on :(.....so come on girls, that's the spirit..today you hold onto that wagon with both hands..neither of you want to end of where I was..over 21 stone..now THAT is depressing!!!!!

You are both lovely and strong ladies andwhen your minds have clicked into the right mode..i know how successful you both have been thisyear..and will be again...trust me girls...i know!!! :)

Have a great, uplifting and motivational day and week..go for it ladies!!!!

Thanks Rose...it's been a better day today even if it is just a break from me beating myself up! But the way I look at it it only takes me three or four days now to feel bloated and horrible not 3or 4 months..where I just pile it all back on again , then that gives me depression which makes me eat more! So things are generally improving and if I have an even bigger incentive now...to have the pain under control and, dare I say it?, pain free if I stick to the right kinda diet!

I will do it, the other option is unthinkable....I can't go back to the way I was!

Back