Off topic but I need to post somewhwere, sorry .......

Dietkitty

Rebel without a calorie
but I know that my friends here will understand.
I've had the week from hell workwise. Been doing a crap job and moaning like hell about the person who asked me to do it. But today I found out that she has breast cancer. I feel like a total Sh!te now for complaining and although my OH says not to worry and how was I to know I still feel awful for slagging her off for what I thought was palming her job off on me! I know this isn't diet related but so many of you have become my friends :(

Because you are a good person you feel bad, I do agree with your OH you were not to know, if you did you would have been more accepting of her bad attitude at work. Please do not dwell on it all evening you did nothing wrong.

but I know that my friends here will understand.
I've had the week from hell workwise. Been doing a crap job and moaning like hell about the person who asked me to do it. But today I found out that she has breast cancer. I feel like a total Sh!te now for complaining and although my OH says not to worry and how was I to know I still feel awful for slagging her off for what I thought was palming her job off on me! I know this isn't diet related but so many of you have become my friends :(

Ok, stop right there, Lady! You are a lovely person and should not be beating yourself up over this. You were not to know and reacted in a perfectly understandable way with the facts you had at your disposal. :hug99:

xxx

I agree wholeheartedly with the other posters don't beat yourself up about this - you didn't know - it's only now you can put it in context it is making you feel bad (and it shouldn't because you didn't know then what you know now otherwise you would have felt and behaved differently)

You did nothing wrong.
This lady is obviously suffering, however, if she wasnt to take you aside and share with you the need of her having to off load some work, then you had no way of knowing.

Maybe she didnt want to be treated any differently than normal, and as such may even of appreciated you moaning about the work load.. it might of brought the trivial day to day life into focus for her more rather than her having to dwell on the other topic, which would of been on her mind..

the sheer fact she is still working would maybe imply she wants to be treated as normal... and you did that.. you did nothing wrong, and deep down, fundamentally, she probably appreciated it xxx

Dont beat yourself up lovely lady, you would move heaven and earth to help or soothe someone... you were not to know..

xx

You did nothing wrong.
This lady is obviously suffering, however, if she wasnt to take you aside and share with you the need of her having to off load some work, then you had no way of knowing.

Maybe she didnt want to be treated any differently than normal, and as such may even of appreciated you moaning about the work load.. it might of brought the trivial day to day life into focus for her more rather than her having to dwell on the other topic, which would of been on her mind..

the sheer fact she is still working would maybe imply she wants to be treated as normal... and you did that.. you did nothing wrong, and deep down, fundamentally, she probably appreciated it xxx

Dont beat yourself up lovely lady, you would move heaven and earth to help or soothe someone... you were not to know..

xx

Some VERY good points - when I was a wee bit poorly a while ago the thing that I got really stressed about was people wrapping me in cottonwool. People being normal and cracking jokes about the situation took me out of myself and made me feel normal

xx

Yup, totally agree with what everyone has said. My lovely Pa is undergoing his treatment for the nasty c word at the minute but we treat him completely as normal as that's what he wants.
Of course you are going to feel bad but you really shouldn't!

Sign yourself up for next years Race for Life to clear your conscience :)

Not that it needs clearing I just want every woman possible to take part (I've done it for the last 5 years, even when I was 7 months pregnant, it's great fun) xx

Back