Oh-Amy's Diary

Could be too late by now - but chilli, chilli, chilli!!! (minus the kidney beans though). x

Haha, it ended up being burgers... again!

1lb off tonight at WI, as it's been said before - it's a lot better than 1lb on! :D

Well done on a good week. 1lb is fab.
Hope you have a nice weekend xx

So, as much as I once again have over indulged this weekend, it wasn't half as bad as usual and I'm feeling positive! :)

Proper update later.

I've had an awful awful week and totally fallen off the bandwagon.

Lots has been going on at work and I'm feeling very insecure that I may not have a job for much longer - they're changing everything around and it's scary stuff. On top of that my brother's epilepsy is out of control at the moment, having upto 3 fits a day. It must be awful for him, I really do wish there was something I could do but I can't so I end up comfort eating which we all know really doesn't help.

I'm going to WI tonight and hopefully that'll shock me back onto plan, I know I've put atleast 2lb on. I just want to get WI out the way and move on now, really.

Hi hun - the best thing you can do (as you said) is go to WI, face the music and get back on plan. Everyone has cra**y weeks, you'll be fine.

Sorry to hear about your brother and job situation though, when do you find out about your job? x

Thanks for the encouragement Louise. Re. the job, we're having a meeting ASAP is all we've been told, I'll wait 'n' see...

Anyway, 1/2lb off which isn't brilliant but atleast it's something, I really don't deserve it though.

My weight loss for this month has been rather pathetic (ahem, 2.5lb) so this is the month of weight loss revolution now, haha. But seriously, I haven't stuck to SW for a weekened in WAY over a month so this is the perfect time to begin.

Hope you're all doing brilliantly. x

1/05/2009 - Red day

B: 2 weetabix (HexB) with milk (HexA) & 1 tsp of sugar (1 syn), bowl of chopped up melon.
Sn: Apple.
L: Bacon (visible fat removed), 3 reduced fat sausages (2 syns each = 6 syns), loads of chopped up mushrooms, 2 x toast (HexB) with spread (2 syns) and tsp of sugar (1 syn)
T: Chicken salad w/ lush dressing (2 syns), bag of french fries (4.5 syns) & a mullerlight.
Sn: Freddo (5.0), another mullerlight yogurt.

Total syns: 21.5

Remaining syns until Thursday: 83.5

Could be better but atleast I've counted EVERY syn and I'm sure of how many I'm allowed for the rest of the week.

Last edited:
02/05/2009 - Red day

B: 2 Weetabix (HexB) with milk (HexA) & tsp of sugar (1 syn), mullerlight.
Sn: 2 pieces of ham.
L: 2 homemade burgers topped with bacon & a small amount of cheese (1/4 HexA) with a few sweet potato wedges (3 syns), salad and a tsp of ketchup (1 syn)
T: Cold chicken pieces with salad, some melon, a mullerlight and a Curlywurly (6.5 syns)
Sn: 1 slice of pizza :( (6 syns) and now before bed as I'm starving the last of my HexB - two pieces of bread with spread (2 syns)

Total syns: 23.5

Remaining syns for rest of the week: 60 working out at 12 per day. :)

Not a brilliant day due to overdoing the syns but as long as I don't go over them overall, I'm happy. :D

Hi hun, just catching up on your diary. Hope you are ok and hope your bro is ok. I have a very good friend with epilepsy and know how unpredictible it can be so hope everything gets sorted. Half a pound is a standard block of butter so don't be disheartened xxx

Hi Amy,

It's tough when things in life are out of our control and what we do to compensate is the one thing that IS in our control.... EAT !!!

I'm sure its something that affects all of us but what I've learned is that its how we react to it and how we deal with it afterwards that counts. You seem to have that sorted! Well done :)

I hope things get better for you soon and that the job situation sorts itself out and that your brother has things a bit easier.

Have a great week xx

03/05/2009 - Another Red day

B: Mullerlight and a cup of tea (2 sugars = 2 syns)
L: 2 sausages (4 syns), 3 rashers of bacon with all visible fat removed, a large flat mushroom, some tinned tomatoes and two pieces of toast (HexB) and a bowl of pineapple.
T: Sliced beef in a tiny amount of gravy, some brocolli, carrots, parsnips and one potato (which I'm refusing to syn, haha.) Another mullerlight and 2 Celebrations (4 syns).
Sn: A wholemeal ham roll (HexB).

I've now finished work and am STARVING - think this could be my star week so am making some 'burger bites' ahem, shaped mince into burger shapes and I'll eat these with a tsp of ketchup.

Syn total: 15.0

Remaining syns for remainder of week: 45.0 - Doable. :)

04/05/2009 - Red day

B: Big bowl of raspberries covered in a mullerlight. 2 pieces of toast (HexB) with a few pieces of ham.
L: Homemade turkey meatballs with garlic, red pepper, ginger and chilli in them served with salad. 2 Celebration chocolate (4 syns)
T: As above, haha, oh dear. Except the meatballs were cold. Another mullerlight and a bag of french fries.
Sn: 3 krispbreads (HexB) with 2 pieces of ham.

HexA used in tea throughout day and 6 syns for sugars used in tea.

Total syns: 14.5

Syns remaining for rest of the week: 30.5 - 10 per day, oops.

Bit of a strange food day, I'm bored of turkey meatballs for atleast a few weeks now, hah. Feel like a green day maybe on the cards for tomorrow before a red day on WI.

Woop woop, just been to New Look and can now fit into a size 16 top - I bought it too and some new 'normal range' size 18 jeans, happy me! :D:D:D I know there's a long way to go but it feels like I'm actually now moving onwards and downwards. :)

05/05/2009 - Another Red day

B: HiFi Bar (5.5 syns), cup of tea and two slices of ham.
L: Two more slices of ham (it's coming out of my ears), 3 krisprolls (HexB) and some salad. Mullerlight and an apple for pudding.
T: Shepherds pie including some baked beans (HexB) and a mashed carrot topping with green beans.

HexA used throughout day in cups of tea and 6 sugars = 6 syns.

Total syns for day: 11.5

Remaining syns: 19

06/05/2009 - Extra Easy Day!

B: 6:00am: Two pieces of toast (HexB), 2 pieces of ham.
9.15am: A bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes (&HexA) and a banana.
L: A massive salad with a chopped up chicken breast, a bag of wotsits (5 syns?) and a mullerlight yogurt. A tiny celebrations choc too. (2 syns)
Sn: 4 Krisprolls = 8 syns.
T: Turkey stirfry with rice.

I've had a really crap day to be honest, I feel grotty as hell, with PMT and family arguments combined = bad bad day. WI tomorrow so hopefully the rest of my week's efforts will pay off. :( I feel like poo.

Aww hun (((hugs))), go and run a nice hot bath and have some time to relax.

Also - blooming well done on the size 16 top, that's fab!!

How you finding red days? I hate them :-(

Aww hun (((hugs))), go and run a nice hot bath and have some time to relax.

Also - blooming well done on the size 16 top, that's fab!!

How you finding red days? I hate them :-(

I'm just about to go in the bath actually, lol.

Red days work for me, they always have but I find them a) harder and b) more expensive. I've done 5 days on the trot of them and I'm sure that I'll lost a few lb compared to the usual 1lb a week however I have felt very tired/weak at times which I never do when doing a green day.

Thanks for your reply Louise, it really has helped to turn my frown upside down. x

Back