Oh dear :(

kimmeh

Around 3 weeks ago I came on here thriving for inspiration which gave me so much motivation.

My goal was to lose two stone for Christmas as I'll be buying new clothes which I desperatly need.

What went wrong? The bloody flu! Got struck with a nasty throat infection also called Pharangytis so I've been really poorly. Only recovering now so my plan has been wiped out completley.

With Christmas being next Saturday, I'm doomed. :( So much for feeling lighter and fitter for Christmas. I felt big last year and it really put a downer on things, going to feel even bigger this year seeing as I've put a good stone on. :(

Don't feel so disheartened, you were I'll! Any reason you can't start right now and over Christmas make sure you moderate so more doesn't get put on? Rather than waiting another 3 weeks until the new year and potentially gaining another stone. X

Well my mum is taking me to get clothes on Friday, I don't think that gives me much time to lose a stone, even half a stone. To be fair, even if I lost half a stone by Friday, it wouldn't exactly get me down from an 18 to a 16. I can't find any jeans in a size 18 that I like, and I have been in so many Pluz Size shops, and browsed online for the life of it. I need to be a maximum of 16 stone to begin buying jeans that I genuinly like. I'm a size 26 on top because I have big boobs, and the tops/hoodies in a size 26 are rubbish. :( I thought if I could lose 2-3 stone by Christmas, I could get down to maybe a size 22, but then again, it's the same rubbish in those sizes too!

Don't fret too much. 1lb would be good! Better than a gain :) also, what you getting clothes for? If it's not anything specific why don't you hold off, save a bit for some shopping as a treat in the sales/ when you meet mini goals

I have one pair of jeans to my name, and two tops. Sick of wearing the same things, I want to feel good in new clothes especially on Christmas Day when I go down to my dads on the evening. I'd feel miserable in my same old clothes. :( You're right, 1lb is better than nothing though.

Have you tried stores like New Look> i know some of their branches have nice stuff in 18+ and perhaps places like sainsburys/asda - i know their ranges are nice and I am sure I have seen up to a size 24. I would agree with that little bit in terms of any loss is good and would be good to hold off but you do deserve a nice outfit for Christmas and I hope you can find one. Hugs xoxo

also - frustrating as i'm guessing it will be if you've already looked: ASOS Curve (their plus size range). I can't access it at work for some reason, but it might be worth a look.

Thing is, you might not find exactly what you want right now, but you don't have to dress like a middle aged woman (i totally agree that evans is to be avoided). These trousers from DPerkins aren't cuffed, but are the right sort of shape and available up to a size 22. beige pleat front

Wouldn't they (or similar) do as a stopgap? Better than nothing at least? and then when you're down another size you can look again.

Back