Ok here goes, my journey

Oh that is great news Jo - really something to look forward to..... Hope the saga with Nan gets sorted out soon..... Muchos hugs and soooo excited for you x

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh fantastic news the month and place fantastic xxx congratulations to you and tdr xxx

So good & bad news

Nan should be in a home within the next 48hrs & wedding date confirmed.

TDM's brother has been told his cancer is inoperable & chemo isn't an option but they will keep him comfortable.

What a roller coaster of a day - AGAIN !!!

Oh Jo... I don't know how I missed your updates, so I read everything this morning. My Nan is in a home and, although the decision was very hard for my father to accept, it's definitely the best place for her. As someone said above, visit several before deciding. My sister actually chose her current one, but for her to be in an annex which was then being built. However, she had to go in the home earlier than forecast, and so the annex wasn't finished, so she has a room in the main building. Now that it is finished, we chose not to move her as she is settled where she is. The staff are fabulous, and I admire them tremendously.

I'm very excited to read about your wedding booking! YAY and in Cyprus you can probably even guarantee the weather!

Hang in there, Jo. You have a heck of a lot going on at the same time.

x

Jo just catching up on everyone this morning and sorry to read the tough time your going through. My lovely Mum sadly had Alzheimer's and we had to find a care home. A horrible task but my sister and I chose a home that looked like a 'home', roaring fire, comfy armchairs (no chandeliers) she was well looked after and loved by the staff.

On a happy note 'Congratulations' on your future wedding. Something positive for you to keep focused on and look forward to Jo XXX

Sorry to read about tdm brother xxx he must only be a yung man tragic xxx hang in there and think of the wedding to keep your spirits up xxx

Hola ladies I'm still around

Well nan is finally out of hospital & now in a home 5 mins away from my uncle. We found out the hospital had told us some lies. The main one being she doesn't have dementia, my nan through a wobbly at the weekend & I went out to speak to the nurse & said "do you think she has dementia" she then pulled out my nans discharge letters which clearly state she has vascular dementia.

So we've started clearing out her house which is horrible.

Other news is TDM's brother has passed away, can't believe how quick it's been. He was only 56 !

This year has really been a toughie so I'm hoping with nan settled & after the funeral we might have some relief.

Yes the wedding is all sorted :) my post on fb wasn't me singing from the rooftops, TDM has some woman after him who has just split up with her husband & I think because he's been nice to her she's taken it the wrong way. She's not said anything to him directly but he's heard through other people & she's started messaging him through fb so he asked me to put some wedding stuff on his page in hope he doesn't have to have the awkward conversation.

Hope you lovely ladies are all doing well. I hope to be coming back into the fold very soon x

Awfully quick but better than a long and painful xxx

And liking your style putting it on fb, easy than causing a scene but hey, nothing wrong with shouting it from the roof tops brilliant news xxx

Crikey love, you are due a bit of happiness, me darlin'!

Much love and let us all know where and when for the hen night!! ;)

P x

Crikey love, you are due a bit of happiness, me darlin'!

Much love and let us all know where and when for the hen night!! ;)

P x

Maybe we should organise a Dukan hen night :)

If you lived closer I would be there for the hen do xxx I do love a good party.....sometimes too much xxx

So I'm back, life has settled down somewhat & it's time to tackle the wobble so I don't look like a moose for the wedding.

I've been trying to get back into the sway of things the last few weeks but have a good few days & then a carb disaster, however so far (since saturday) I've been Dukan good.

You probably have all discussed on your own threads the program that was on last week, The men who make us Thin/Fat very interesting !!! I see Dr D made an appearence.

Anyway will try & catch up on a few diaries over the next few days, but feel free to give me a boot up the backside :)

Hello stranger so please your back xxx That's a good sign xxx I missed the program wish Id seen it. Im on attack atm and on cruise from Friday so come on lass we can do this xxx

I've just finished 5 days of attack Jo so looks like we are all getting back to basics. Glad your back the wedding will be here in the
blink of an eye ;)

Back