Ok here goes, my journey

Ah Jo what worries you have at the moment. hope things can improve for your poorly nan, 6 weeks is a long time and my god it takes it out on visiting relatives.

Think you deserved the vodka blow out. :) X

Big hugs Jo xxx be strong for your nan bless her she needs you so much, and loved your idea of a vodka blow out party xxx

Goodness Jo, sounds like you getting answers now for Nan, hopefully they can medicate for the carbon dioxide and she'll soon be back to rights. As for vodka party and effects ....yeeuuukkkk!!!! LOL

At least you can be certain TDM has no illusions about what he is letting himself in for!

It seems extraordinary to me that they have been misdiagnosing and wrongly treating your nan for so long. Unless she has suffered from a succession of different ailments - and in my experience that often happens when an older person gets admitted to hospital. The sooner she gets out the better, I hope the improvements you've sen in the last day or 2 continue. Lots of love xx

At least you can be certain TDM has no illusions about what he is letting himself in for!

It seems extraordinary to me that they have been misdiagnosing and wrongly treating your nan for so long. Unless she has suffered from a succession of different ailments - and in my experience that often happens when an older person gets admitted to hospital. The sooner she gets out the better, I hope the improvements you've sen in the last day or 2 continue. Lots of love xx

Yep Sara you've hit the nail on the head

So I've put in a formal complaint today, both to the hospital complaints department & the CQC. I was approached yesterday by one of the visitors of one of the other patients, who informed me that the nurses have been leaving my nan's food tray out of reach so my nan has been unable to get to her food & drinks The person also informed me that she has attempted to help my nan a few times & has been told to leave her & they would see to her - which they haven't ! We have been concerned about the lack of food & fluids she has been having but had no idea what had been going on. I went & got her a trifle yesterday & fed her myself & she ate the lot - the most she's eaten in weeks.

My nan now also has a fractured arm - how ? she has been bedridden for 6 weeks (tomorrow)

I'm hoping now I've put an offical complaint in with a list of questions she might get the care she deserves & put a rocket up there backsides !

OMG just caught up with your diary Jojo, you poor thing and your poor Nan, sounds like they are doing a blimmin awful job with her..... Hope you get some answers and they respond to your complaint - but most of all that your Nan improves and gets out of there soon! Well done for even thinking about Dukan - the vodka party sounds not too much fun - well the drinking bit sounded fun but I am defo not a plan of puking! Look after yourself lovely lady - thinking of you down here in Hereford - on the plus side what a glorious sunny day! x

This saga with your nan is every bit as bad as the stuff you hear on the news about the Mid Staffs NHS Trust. It goes to prove that one bit of adverse publicity does not change the culture of an organisation. I'm the biggest fan of the NHS (and have a great deal to thank it for) but there are clearly some very deep-seated problems. Good luck with your complaint and I hope you get her out of there as soon as possible. xxx

:( I'm so sorry that you and your nan are going through this, Jo. Like Sara, I'm a huge fan of the NHS but clearly something is amiss here.

Stay strong, sweetheart.

P x

Thinking of you Jo hun, best wishes to your Nan - like the others said hopefully she gets out of their asap and without any further problems, best of luck with the complaint xx

OMG Hun, massive question to be answered re arm. Sounds like they been rough with her when lifting her up the bed or something. I would get a posse together and camp out 24 hours, take it in turns. tell em you are there to keep an eye on nan and watch that she eats. sounds like they being abusive, cos that is surely what it is.

My Nan went though something similar in the care home, but it was a woman who was supposed to be doing for her and she used to torment my Nan. I hope you get answers hun, I really do.

Hugs xxxxx

Aw Jo, this situation is just awful! Sadly, it seems this type of abuse of the elderly is not isolated but it does make one wonder who would choose a profession of caring for the elderly when they are not emotionally equipped to handle it. You also gotta wonder about someone who gets their rocks off messing with helpless people :(
Really hope you get things sorted soon.

hows things???? xxx

Morning Jo xxx Hows your nan ?

Back