Ok here goes, my journey

Yeah 10k Jo you must be as fit as a lop, good luck xxx

10K- I'm not running it I'm walking :) I can't run because of my back & walking it will be a challenge in it's self.

I think I'm coming down with something, got a really sore throat. maybe it's the same as CD & Kirsty as I know you've not been feeling too good either.

Went to see my nan yesterday, she did my head in - Bless !!!!!!! She is 80 & struggles to get around, I have been on at her for ages to apply for a grant for a stairlift but she wont just in case they say she's got to move into a flat or bungalow, i think I'm just going to apply for one as it's not a done deal she'll get it or even part of the money towards one.

Food yesterday was pants & I'm guessing today will be pretty much the same although I'm trying to eat more I just haven't got the energy :(

Don't tell me germs can spread via minimins now!

Perhaps try to eat regularly, if you can't eat more. I snack on sweetened, flavoured yogurt and love it - I know some people think you should be wary of dairy (hey, that rhymes!) but it makes a nice change from meat and fish.

Don't worry too much about your nan - 80's not that old. Look after yourself now, you've been very strong and deserve some nurturing xx

Hey how u feeling? I had antibs off doc but he said its viral? he gave them to me as sinus pain in face and recent surgery (dec? lol) anyhow they havent made a difference (maybe cos of vodka sat nite lol) its moved onto my chest, not coughing but inflammation, its called chostiocondritis or summin had it before, chest aches, ribs and back ache too ;-( hope urs isnt the same its bleedin horrible, think its damn weather alot of people poorly.
I did buy some sugar free tunes and some sugar free werthers (offer in sains) u can have 5 of them a day if that helps. Look after urself xx

Well I've slept loads again today, throat is absolutley throbbing sore :(

Have managed some food though, made some mini quiches with some lean bacon & had some cabbage & leeks with them. Had creme tofu with some rhubarb & am stuffed now but have to say I really enjoyed it. It's the most I've eaten since last week. Hoping the throat eases a bit tomorrow.

I'm at the dr's wednesday anyway so if I'm not any better by then I asked for something.

Hope you are all having a good Monday, need to catch up with your diaries x

Get well soon honey, glad you managed to eat something. hugs xx

Paulinegin said:
A lop, Sid? Is that a Durham word?

P xxx

Yes its a saying, hahaha font know why a lop...a lop is a dick, a head louse lol

sididd said:
Yes its a saying, hahaha font know why a lop...a lop is a dick, a head louse lol

Well, we live and learn!! Might try and drop it into conversation at work today .... I know a few lops! ;)

P x

Sid do you mean nit ? What a funny expression :)

Still not so great today, throat is deffo worse. Voice has gone very deep & cracking & is oh so very sore, have managed to stay awake so far today but haven't managed any fodder yet. Trying to drink as much as I can but swallowing is painful, need to get well for the 10K at the weekend !

Oi missy, you need to get better for you! The 10K is very admirable, but you're more important than a race.

Take it easy

P x

Still not so great today, throat is deffo worse. Voice has gone very deep & cracking & is oh so very sore, have managed to stay awake so far today but haven't managed any fodder yet. Trying to drink as much as I can but swallowing is painful, need to get well for the 10K at the weekend !

WOW 10k!! I'm yet to start the C25K! Hope you're feeling a whole lot better soon x

A hot ginger drink might help? With grated lemon zest in too? Hope it clears for the weekend.

Oh Jo, your deteriorating fast.....sleep it off xxx

Oh no Jo!! You sound like you got a bad infection there, do you need to get to checked out before you do your run? Hope your feeling better soon hunny!! Cx

Back