Ok...I'm officially grumpy now !

Morticia

Happy in my own skin
After saying yesterday that I've not been grumpy...today I am.

I've never had huge losses on this diet, unlike others in my class. The last 4 weeks I've lost just 2 1/2lb every week. Today is my weigh in day and it looks like I've only lost 1lb :cry:. This is despite exercising more in the last 3-4 weeks.

Anyone any idea why that should be? I've noticed others still have good losses when it's nearing week 13/14 so I'm sure it's not just a case of the losses decreasing the nearer you get to end of foundation.

What's everyone elses thoughts?

Hi Mortica

I don't know why this is happening to you - all I can say is that we are all different and you have had an amazing loss.

What I can say is that the person in our group lost weight (in the same way as you - very slowly) and is the only person in the group who has maintained their weight 4 years later. She may have lost slowly - but she lost the most, and has kept it off.

Therefore, don't worry - you are nearly there. Congratulate yourself, and out of everyone in your group - you will be that one person who maintains for life.

Love
Rosie xx

Last edited:
Please don't worry too much Morticia. My mum didn't even loose the 3 stone in the first 14 weeks. She was so peed off as her losses were a couple of pounds per week as well. But some weeks she might lose 3 or 4 and some weeks she STS. I completely agree with Rosie above, as long as the weight is coming off then that's all that counts.

It might also be that you are so near to your goal. The last few pounds are always a lot harder to lose.

Well done on your loss though hun and keep going. You will be at goal in no time x x

Is there a correlation between you doing more excercise and your losses dropping off? Perhaps you are doing more than your body needs/can cope with and it is storing the fat rather than using it?
Whichever, keep on going because you are nearly there
xx

HI there...sometimes exercise actually slows down losses, depending on how much and what type.

If you are doing too much exercise on a Low Calorie diet, your body panics and holds on to what it has to see you through waht it perceives as a drought.

What kind of exercise are you doing?

hi there
look at my losses under my signature -

i 'only' lost 3 stone in 14 weeks - others lose 5
i 'only' lost 2lb each week for ages

but it doesn't matter
i got there
- and a damn sight faster than on any other diet

i did get frustrated at the time sometimes - but it really doesn't matter, you will get there, stick at it
daisy x

Hi Morticia -

Just to echo Blonde's reply... I know people that have done exercise on LL, and it's slowed the losses. Not suggesting that you should stop if you enjoy it and feel ok doing it, but your body will be reacting and changing differently so don't take the smaller losses to heart. Go and grab two and a half pounds of sugar/butter in the supermarket and carry it around - it's quite a lot to lose off your body, and the average is 3lbs a week to get the stone off per month - so you're so close... keep going, and it will all add up very fast :D

xx

It happens I'm afraid. I've only lost 1-2lbs a weeks for months now, hence why I'm into month 10 when at the start I thought I'd be done with RTM by now!

Just take solace in the fact that it IS coming off, and is guarateed to keep doing so if you stick with it :)

Thanks everyone for your wise words. I did feel really down last night and for the first time on the programme had niggles of wanting to indulge in past behaviour (ie eating) however, resisted the urge.

After reading these replies I feel much better. Ta muchly :D

No problem hun. Glad it helped and you are back on track.

Keep up the goood work x x

Hi

I felt the same for a while now. My average losses have dropped right off over the last couple of months. Initially I did more exercise to try and restart the better losses, but they slowed even more, so now I have now dropped most exercise to see if that makes a difference.

Whatever way you look at it, as long as the weight keeps coming off, you are getting there. And it's still way faster than a 'normal' diet.

Glad to hear you resisted the cravings. Shows how strong you are now! xx

Thanks again everyone. I weigh myself at home which I know is a bit OTT but I was another 1lb lighter yesterday and another again today. So looks like just a blip and thankfully I did not go off the rails. Thanks to all the support I got. :D

Back