OK need help!!!

Mrs V

Loves Life!
Hi all!! I dont normally send out requests, but this time I am stumped! Lol.
Apart from my Birthday on Wednesday (not celbrating that one!), its my Daughters party on Sunday. Some of my guests are SW followers and have said that they will go without food for the day....considering they are my family and travelling from Wales...its only fair to feed them Lol!!!
I want to make some SW friendly buffet things...cant be hot though as having party at a Leisure centre. We have to cater for the children and other adults as well, but I thought things like chicken drumsticks are ok and some mini quiche...but what else??

Please, please can you help me rack the old grey cells as Im at a loss!!! Lol

Thank you in advance!!

Kerry-Ann

chicken satay is very nice cold

scottich eggs

piggs in blankets

pasta with mayo light chicken bacon sweetcorn and peppers very nice cold

if i think of anything else will let u know;)

Ohh er, got me thinking now. Pasta/rice salads for those on a green day. Chicken/pork/beef etc chunks flavoured on cocktail sticks, ham and cheese wraps (free ham, hex a cheese), mini beefburgers (if not minded cold), syn free sausages on a stick. Can't think of anything else but I hope this helps a little and that all have a fab day xxxx

How about sugar free jelly with fruit in. The frozen bags of summer fruit are great with blackcurrant sugar free jelly. Non SW would love it too. Put separate bowl of cream to top for those not watching the syns. Will post if the brain cells think of anything else. x

Pickled onions and gherkins of course, strips of ham rolled around chunks of fresh pineapple on cocktail sticks, syn free onion bhajis to go with the chicken tikka, home made mini spicy meatballs, small squares of Spanish Tortilla.

I hope you enjoy your party :D

Syn Free Onion Bhajis
8oz stiff mashed potato (you can use Smash)
400g tin Chickpeas
2 thinly sliced onions
Salt & black pepper
Approx 2 tblspns curry powder (or to taste)
1 tspn mixed herbs
1 beaten egg
½ pack of fresh coriander
Fry Light

Heat oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6
Fry onions in fry light until soft.
Drain and rinse chickpeas and mash well.
Add potatoes, onions, curry powder and seasonings.
Mix together with beaten egg
Spray large baking tray with fry light
Put teaspoon sized 'balls' of mix on tray
Spray Bhajis with fry light
Cook in oven for approx 10 mins, until golden brown

Spicy Meatballs
2 pounds lean minced lamb or beef
2 onions, finely chopped
1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
1 tsp ground ginger
2 chopped pickled chillies
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons ground coriander
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons salt

In a large bowl, mix all ingredients thoroughly. Cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Form into small meatballs then bake on a rack over a baking tray in a preheated oven (180 deg C) for approx 10 minutes.
Serve hot of cold

Spanish Tortilla
4 Large potatoes
1 Large onion, thinly sliced
Mixed herbs, salt and pepper
5 Eggs

Boil potatoes and slice.
Dry fry the onions
In a large bowl beat eggs until they are ligth. Season to taste with salt, pepper and herbs
Add the potatoes and onions to the egg mixture. Gently pressing them down so that they are completely covered by the egg mixture.
Put the egg and potato mixture into a baking dish spreading it out evenly.
Bake in a low/moderate oven.
Transfer to a plate to cool, cut into wedges or small squares (serve with toothpicks)

Thank you all so much for the ideas...Im going to try them all!!!

xxxx

Some great ideas here, I'm doing a little party for my son's birthday on sunday too and want to do some sw friendly food as me and my sister are both doing sw, hopefully no-one else will notice as it all sounds so yummy x

i was about to say the onion bhajis i make them all the time
also stuffed eggs and tomatoes are gorgeous potato sticks with a chickpea dip god i am hungry now lol

How about making some dips and serving with crudites?
Make some hummous by whizzing chick peas with garlic, lemon juice, seasoning and a bit of water.
Do a cheese and chive dip with FF Fromage frais, a tbsp parmesan and chives or a garlic and herb one?

For a dessert you could always make some very low syn mousse. All you need is a packet of sugar free jelly, a corresponding flavour Muller and an electric mixer!!!

Put about half a pint of water into the fridge. Leave this to cool (I only do this so the jelly sets quicker!)

Make the jelly up with only 1/4 pint of boiling water, and add the refrigerated water up to the 3/4 pint level.

Pour this into a LARGE bowl and refrigerate.

The jelly needs to be PARTIALLY set. (If you let it get too solid, you end up with bits of set jelly in the mousse). This will take anything from 1/2 - 1 hour. I generally describe this as the 'sloppy stage!'

Remove from fridge and add your Muller. Don't panic if the Muller sinks to the bottom!

Using your electric mixer, whisk, whisk and whisk some more. The resulting mousse mixture should almost double in size.

Pour into bowls/dishes/glasses and refrigerate to set. Or for ease of carrying, leave to set in the fridge, in the large bowl and just scoop it out when you get there?

By the way, the whole bowl works out as 1 1/2 syns (just for the jelly). Flavour combinations that I think work are;

Strawberry jelly with Strawberry Muller
Raspberry jelly with Raspberry and cranberry Muller
Orange jelly with Mandarin Muller

Another one that I tried and liked (but not EVERYONE liked it) was Lemon and Lime jelly with vanilla Muller.

HTH. Have a great party!!

Thank you for the ideas all!!! I have a huge selection of things Im going to make now and even those that arent on SW can have some!

xxxx

Back