OMG some people really need to think first

I feel like I just seem to want to complain about people at the mo but since starting SW I've met some really nasty people, read comments from others on here who have encountered horrible degrading comments from others and even had comments that have upset me said to me.:mad:

Why do some people think they have the right to put us down like this? So what if we're not a bloody size 0 (wouldn't want to be either) we're still human and have feelings.

I know we're stronger than those making these horrible comments as we're doing something for ourselves to help but they can't can they? But why oh why do they feel the need to put us down when we're all doing so well?

Last week one of the members of my class told the Consultant she was deluded as our leader is loosing weight whilst doing the job as no one else wanted to do the job. The consultant has a goal in mind that reminds her of a happy time in her life and the nasty member said "You're deluded, you've had 2 kids and theres no way you're going to get back to pre child weight" I thought this member had hit goal but found out she hasn't but has been lying to the group. Turns out the consultants goal is lower than hers so I'm thinking she's jealous:sigh:

Sorry rant over now for the good bit. Any negative comments will only make us stronger in the end and make us more determined to get to our goals. We can do it, we will do it and I can't wait to get to goal to prove to all those negative people that I can change my problem, they can't.

:grouphugg::clap::party0038::lilkiss::slap:

firstly, my god. Its a good job i'm not that consultant. I don't think i would have controlled myself, i'd have been climbing over that table and smacking her, .. ' how do you feel now, deluded!!!??'

Eurgh. Some people are so nasty, i just don't understand this! Luckily iv never encounterd nasty people, iv had a few comments from doctors here or there, but iv used it as a positive step forward for me, i think had i been faced with someone like that i would have been so upset. You'v deffinatly hit the nail on the head there though, any one who feels they ahve to lie in a group meeting is deluded and has thier own issues, and is jelous.

My consultant is on plan atm after gaininfg a bit of weight recently and i commend her for being so honest.

ooo im mad. can't get over some of the things im hearing on this forum this afternoon.

Stay strong ladies. xxxx

Do you find that any part of SW affects your PCOS in a negative way?

No, if anything, it helps it. I don't know if it's the new way of eating or what but my periods are more regular and the pain has reduced considerably.

However, my periods have gotten a little heavier recently, but they last for a shorter time... around 3-4 days. Like I say, whether that's down to the eating plan or not I don't know.

:D is the way I feel after the member of the group who puts others down was made to look small this evening. Sorry I know we're all in this together and meant to support others however it was funny to see her face when she was used as an example this evening.

I do belive what goes around comes around and some people really do deserve what they get. Maybe from now she'll think before she speaks, well fingers crossed :D

Now just for the others who have upset us all :D

I know exactly how you feel about nasty people. I have a lady I work with who is a complete gym junkie, she spends her whole lunch hour every day on a tread mill, and exists on 2 cup a soups a day. She came into the kitchen last week whilst I was making my low fat supernoodles, and started making loud comments in front of a lot of other people about how unhealthy they were :mad:.

I was really embarrassed, and just slunk out of the kitchen. Hopefully I will have the last laugh when I lose loads of weight :D

:D is the way I feel after the member of the group who puts others down was made to look small this evening. Sorry I know we're all in this together and meant to support others however it was funny to see her face when she was used as an example this evening.

I do belive what goes around comes around and some people really do deserve what they get. Maybe from now she'll think before she speaks, well fingers crossed :D

Now just for the others who have upset us all :D

How did they make her look small?

This woman has claimed that she was at her target now for a few months so has had the advantage of target members. Then last week she said she had more to loose so the C said she had to pay but she argued with her. This week the C asked for her target certificate, she claimed she hadn't got one (there was a change of C's a few months ago) but then 20 mins later she had one. The whole target subject came up as others wanted to know about targets and benefits and so the C used her as an example as no one else is at target. No one was horrible (unlike the way she was the other week) it was more so we all understand targets and benefits and that you can change your target if you think it's unrealistic, or decide you want to loose more (within your healthy range) etc

Hey Slinky, ask the 'gym bunny' if she knows how much salt is in her '2 cup a soups a day'? Are there any chemicals in it? Does she know the health complications of only having cup a soups? Is she getting enough nutrients? If none of that shuts her up you could always go down the Doctor Who route..........Suggest that she slows up on the exercise, because she's looking a bit tired. !!!!!!!

Eugh what a nasty thing to say! To your consultant too! Jeesh!

It is really sad that even people in our groups can be mean too - they of all people should know how it feels to be down trodden about weight. I've heard nasty comments at my first group, but luckily nothing at this new one.

This member is in a negative place and shouldn't put that onto the others there. The C of all should know what's possible! We all have bad weeks where we feel down about our losses etc, but we all know SW works.

Hope it's better next time xxx

"it just makes me angry when people put others down like that. More so as not all of them know what we are going through."

Ahh yes - I see that everywhere. People seem to want to see the bad in others rather than the good. At school I'm trying to tackle this attitude in my new class, who all seem to want to point out each others faults with a big dayglo stick - even their friends. We've been making a positivity paper chain - they can add as many links as they like, but each link must have a positive comment about someone in the class. They seem to be gradually getting the idea that saying positive things actually makes them feel better and happier themselves and are starting to say things out loud as well as writing them secretly.Hopefully the less confident members of the group will start to believe some of the kind things that have been said about them and feel more inclined to contribute to lessons if they aren't expecting to get their comments pulled apart. (I might even include some of the comments on their school reports at the end of the year).

To be honest, people with that negtive attitude will always find something to put down, whether it's weight, hair, clothes, what people think or believe, etc etc etc. As one of my friends said to me, sometines what we despise the most about others is what we fear most in ourselves.
B

At school I'm trying to tackle this attitude in my new class, who all seem to want to point out each others faults with a big dayglo stick - even their friends. We've been making a positivity paper chain - they can add as many links as they like, but each link must have a positive comment about someone in the class. They seem to be gradually getting the idea that saying positive things actually makes them feel better and happier themselves and are starting to say things out loud as well as writing them secretly.Hopefully the less confident members of the group will start to believe some of the kind things that have been said about them and feel more inclined to contribute to lessons if they aren't expecting to get their comments pulled apart. (I might even include some of the comments on their school reports at the end of the year).

That's a fantastic and really positive idea. You are obviously a great teacher. :)

Lukcy7, what a really quite remarkable thing you are doing with your class!

Teaching children that we should all be kind to one another is the most valuable lesson they will learn.

Congratulations.

Thanks Avisk. I think it's true that it is one of the most valuable lessons. A true case of they will benefit from what they put in. I really do believe that a lot of meanness and nasty behaviour actually does come from insecurity, and if I want to teach this lot (35 of them, 12 with Special Needs) all the things I'm supposed to I need them to be behaving well and encouraging each other. I believe the small amount of time putting these systems in place really makes my job a lot easier for the rest of the year. Besides which, they're the oldest in the school so I need them to be showing the younger ones how to be good friends too. AND, I'm relying that generation to be a caring one ready for when I'm old and grey and need them to be. See, pure selfishness really, lol.

x

I admire ur attitude, at the end of the day ur doing this 4 u, some people only comment cos ur doing so well and theyre jealous.
Ive had people tell me 2 stop because I look ill (hardly, I just havent got 6 chins anymore) sod them i'll stop when Im ready and feeling good!

Back