OMG some people really need to think first

pinktiger

I feel like I just seem to want to complain about people at the mo but since starting SW I've met some really nasty people, read comments from others on here who have encountered horrible degrading comments from others and even had comments that have upset me said to me.:mad:

Why do some people think they have the right to put us down like this? So what if we're not a bloody size 0 (wouldn't want to be either) we're still human and have feelings.

I know we're stronger than those making these horrible comments as we're doing something for ourselves to help but they can't can they? But why oh why do they feel the need to put us down when we're all doing so well?

Last week one of the members of my class told the Consultant she was deluded as our leader is loosing weight whilst doing the job as no one else wanted to do the job. The consultant has a goal in mind that reminds her of a happy time in her life and the nasty member said "You're deluded, you've had 2 kids and theres no way you're going to get back to pre child weight" I thought this member had hit goal but found out she hasn't but has been lying to the group. Turns out the consultants goal is lower than hers so I'm thinking she's jealous:sigh:

Sorry rant over now for the good bit. Any negative comments will only make us stronger in the end and make us more determined to get to our goals. We can do it, we will do it and I can't wait to get to goal to prove to all those negative people that I can change my problem, they can't.

:grouphugg::clap::party0038::lilkiss::slap:

I know what you mean, and in the past, most of these comments have got me down and kept me down, hence piling on the pounds; and that's what they want I suppose. They want to keep us miserable so they can think there is someone feeling worse than themselves.

But NO MORE! I am over it, and they can deal with their problems and I'll deal with mine WITHOUT feeling the need to make silly comments to them back. (and that even includes my mother).

Whose with me?!!

Hugs
Jacqui

Its definitely a case that people get jealous that we are suddenly getting all this attention for weight loss.
Personally I applaud your Consultant, maybe her goal is a little unrealistic, but at least she is trying and that member should have been taken to one side and told that her comments were bang out of order.
I've turned the negative comments around and they make me even more determined to reach my goal now...maybe my goal is unrealistic (coming from 21 stone 7lbs to 10 stone), but Im going to try! Lol

My goal is to loose half my body weight, was 18st to start with and would love to get to 9st as it's smack in the middle of my weight range. If it takes me bloody 1 year or 5, I'm going to give it a good goal. Don't get me started on mums, not even told mine about this weeks 1.5lbs as no doubt it would get "Is that all, told you you'd never be slim". I'll show her

It's not a race or a competition

Thanks for that post hun x

That's ok, it just makes me angry when people put others down like that. More so as not all of them know what we are going through :p. Everyone thinks I'mthe size I am because I eat crap which isn't the case and it annoys me that they don't take feelings into consideration before they open their mouths.

I've been on limited physical activity for 3 years now after seriously damaging my knee and also have PCOS so I struggle with my weight but people don't understand this not even my mum takes this in to consideration. I take the negatives and throw them away but keep the positive ones and smile:D I will not:giveup:no matter what xxx

:hug99:

Not always been this positive, had a very down time last year that was so bad I ended up on anti-depressants for 4 months and seeing a pyschciatrist(not sure on spelling) for the same length of time that changed the way I think and feel about things. Even considered going back to help me through this now but will see how I go

Psychiatrist, I work for three of them lol.
Try to see how you go first babes, you know anti depressants are the last resort. They obviously thought you didnt need them anymore if you are off them now :)

maybe my goal is unrealistic (coming from 21 stone 7lbs to 10 stone)

Mrs V!! Don't say that! I'm 3 stone 10lbs from there - down from 23 stone. Don't tell me it can't be done, cos i'm going to DO it!!!

AND I have PCOS too. It sucks, but I WILL get there.

I never want to go back on those again but wouldn't mind speaking to my CPN (that's what they're called over here) again if needs be. It was funny as after a week of taking the tablets I started feeling better, it was a joint desicion to come off them, they did help but I think just talking to the CPN would of helped but they said I needed them to get through the day as was crying all the time and unfortunately I was alone at the time as OH was away and he was part of the problem.

As they say "It's good to talk", never beleived in it before but now I know it works:D

Yeah he's back since May. I'd have been lost without him since my op but I know next year he'll be away most of it training and then away the following year for 7 months.

Why do some people think they have the right to put us down like this? So what if we're not a bloody size 0 (wouldn't want to be either) we're still human and have feelings.

Selfish and jealous is what I think these people are. We have something to aim for to make our lives better and ourselves better too, what do they have, nothing apart from angry feelings over something in there lives that they vent at us. They are not to be blamed but pitied that they are so angry and shallow. Rise above it and look to the positive in your life babes. xx

Selfish and jealous is what I think these people are. We have something to aim for to make our lives better and ourselves better too, what do they have, nothing apart from angry feelings over something in there lives that they vent at us. They are not to be blamed but pitied that they are so angry and shallow. Rise above it and look to the positive in your life babes. xx

It makes people feel big to have a downer on us - it gives them enjoyment to goad us and hurt our feelings, I've had it since the first day in the playground when I started school.

We are better than they are and we are doing something about it.....good luck on your weight loss, you sound so determined so I am sure you will get to your target.....then they will have something to shout about.

Good post, pinktiger and CG, thank you both. X

Mrs V!! Don't say that! I'm 3 stone 10lbs from there - down from 23 stone. Don't tell me it can't be done, cos i'm going to DO it!!!

AND I have PCOS too. It sucks, but I WILL get there.

Well done and I'm sure you will do it, you've done fantastic so far and it obviously works for you :D

Do you find that any part of SW affects your PCOS in a negative way?

Unfortunately there will always be people who cannot feel good about themselves unless they can put someone else down. We can do three things about this.

The first is to ignore them, the second is to feel sorry for them, and the third is to use the experience to remind ourselves that we should always be nice to others, even if they can't be nice to us.

Yes, I know that all sounds a bit saintly (short pause while I polish my halo!! :innocent0002: ), but we can but try!

And remember what Eleanor Roosevelt said: "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent".

Back