OMG!!! SW Piccalilli!!!

Thanks I'd really like it too hope it's not too much trouble Enjoy your few days away
X

Please do post it when you have a chance it looks yummy!

SW Piccalilli

Please do post it when you have a chance it looks yummy!

This is the recipe from the SW magazine as promised - enjoy!!!
Serves 6 - Half a Syn per serving

85g cauliflower florets cut into 1cm pieces
85g green beans trimmed and cut into 1cm pieces
85g cucumber cut into 1cm pieces
85g courgettes cut into 1cm pieces
85g carrots, peeled and cut into 1cm pieces
85g small pickling onions, peeled
57g sea salt
340ml malt vinegar
1 tbsp English mustard powder
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp mild curry powder
A pinch of turmeric
2 tbsp artificial sweetener
1 tbsp pickling spices
1 level tbsp cornflour

Put all veg in a large bowl and add the sea salt, mix well and cover and leave to marinate overnight.
Drain and rinse veg under running cold water and pat dry with kitchen towel. Put 312 ml of vinegar into a large pan and add the mustard powder , ginger, curry powder, sweetener, turmeric , pickling spices and veg. Bring to boil and then simmer for 10 mins or until just tender.
Mix cornflour with the remaining vinegar and add to pan. Stir and then simmer further 5 mins, or until thickened. Immediately transfer mixture to hot sterilised air-tight jar, seal and leave to cool.
Store for 3 months in cool dark cupboard before eating. Once jar is opened, keep chilled in fridge for 2-3 weeks.

Thanks very much for this recipe made a list ready for the shops of things I haven't got in So it will be a chutney making weekend as I'm on the last pot of onion chutney also and must have enough to go with cold meat at Xmas
Thanks again
Bx

Thank you just saved this to my Evernote app so that I don't lose it! Can't wait to try it as I love piccalilli!!!

Thanks again,
Liz xxx

made this and it is so yummy. will deffo make it again. thanks for posting the recipe

Thank You!!

Back