On a day trip or picnic what do you like to take for eating?

frugal fifer

Silver Member
I am going out today with family and after making them their sandwiches started thinking about what I was going to have.
I ended up making a big bowl of savoury rice(golden) with extra peas and corn, grated in a couple of boiled eggs and mixed through 2 tbs extra light hellmans mayo, I love this warm or cold. I will pack plenty of water, a yoghurt and some fruit with a hi-fi bar if I need a munch on the way back. What would you take?

We are hopefully going on one today,if it brightens up! I am going to make an omlette and then eat it cold with some salad and take some fresh pineapple as well :)

Cold pasta salad, or homemade coleslaw with chicken or ham. Also love Gammon steak, pinepple and cheese. SW Quiche, Spicy Potato wedges and a dip. Roast Veg and Cous Cous

Last week i made a gorgeous sarnie and just at more of the filling with a salad (chicken breast, bacon, quark and chives , with a tbsp of hellmans e light mayo) it was gorgeous! Even dp said so!

I have just discovered quorn cocktail sausages (they are cooked ones)! I think they must be new as haven't seen them before. Thye are pretty yum (not as good as real ones but getting there!) and better still FREEEEE! :D

Back