On the Dukan journey

I'm sporting a new look this evening.... My darling daughter accidentally kneed me in the mouth and I look like I've had my lips plumped. Rather a painful experience I might add but at least she didn't knock my teeth out......the dental bills are crippling enough already without adding to them!!

Having struggled to make muffins without them sticking to my so called non stick pans, and also having tried muffin cases I finally gave in and invested in some silicon bake wear. Brilliant results.... I now have muffins that look like muffins rather than a mangled mess. Added bonus is they are so easy to clean too. Happy days :)

they are a godsend arent they yogi :D

hi yogi ,
been following your posts and just wanted to say well done , on youre losses and coping with all the stresses.
its so easy to give up at the slightest excuse and you havent , thats a massive reason to hold your head up high and feel mighty proud ... that and youre fabulous 12lb loss.
hope youre hubby is starting to recover somewhat and that things ease up on you a little x

Silicone bakeware - heaven - my first attempts with paper cases for the muffins were hilarious and even more funny were the ones I tried to make in the non stick muffin tray!!! Well done Yogi for doing so well Hope hubby coming along well. Keep strong amazing lady.

Hospital appointment went well this morning for DH, all in place still which is a relief. Saw my own physio to try and get straightened out and back walking, his diagnosis....I'm a mess!! Hopefully his treatment and acupuncture will yield some relief. Been a hectic day running here there and everywhere. Stopped with my father in law for a chat and a cuppa while my daughter was at Irish Dancing this evening and amazed myself by managing to get three questions right on University Challenge!! Life in the old brain yet :) No diversions from the Dukan list but very disorganised about my meals, even forgot it was a PV day on Saturday....... However at the moment sticking to permitted foods is achievement enough. I'll get more organised again soon :)

Hi Yogi, new here and just wanted to let you know how much I've appreciated your sharing! Such an inspiration! Hope your husband's and your backs improve radically. I'm a few weeks behind you, and expecting the probable weight gain in switching to cruise, you're my inspiration!

Week five completed.....

Well I have completed week 5 and another 2 lbs off which I am delighted with as I didnt feel I had lost this week. Even better that brings me to 1 stone off and 33% of the way to my target....in only 5 weeks! Whats more my BMI has dropped to 30.9 so I'm almost out of the obese and into the overweight category...... I'm really chuffed, I'm back in my size 14 jeans, and I can't believe how painlessly I have got here. Yes there are days when the cravings hit but nothing like I have experienced with other diets and because Dukan is so cut and dry about what is and isn't allowed I find it much easier to tell myself 'No!' You see I don't like failure, and I do like to do things properly. With WW I was allowed to use points on junk and miss my proper meals without breaking the rules so I did. Dukan doesn't allow me make those bad decisions and that suits me much better. So I'm looking forward to continuing weight loss over the coming weeks and feel well on the way to achieving my goal. I went for a walk with my colleague on Tuesday after physio on Monday and was much improved so hoping to build up the walking again. All in all I'm a happy camper as they say. Long may it last! Thanks again guys for the support, its much appreciated and very motivating :)

that is fantastic yogi :D very well done x

My darling daughter made the most amazing cupcakes in home economics today topped with chocolate butter icing and it's my husbands birthday.... I'm having such a battle with myself as to whether to have one or not. I know I'll hate myself for it if I do but this is the first time I've really really wanted a non permitted thing since I started Dukan. Damn that conscience of mine, it's such a spoil sport!!

Oh it's so hard at times like this. We had farewell cake in work so I cut a tiny tiny slither off the slice just so I could taste it. But I wanted more after that so that tactic didnt work lol. Best to stay away until you get to conso

well done hun , amazing job !!

I had a 10 calorie fat and sugar free jelly instead if the cup cake.... I'll get my reward on the scales! (quite impressed with my new and improved will power, not sure where it's come from but hope it sticks with me)

Yogi13 said:
I had a 10 calorie fat and sugar free jelly instead if the cup cake.... I'll get my reward on the scales! (quite impressed with my new and improved will power, not sure where it's come from but hope it sticks with me)

You deserve a big pat on the back. Well done, that is very good will power!! I hope you get a good result on the scale for that too!!

My darling daughter made the most amazing cupcakes in home economics today topped with chocolate butter icing and it's my husbands birthday.... I'm having such a battle with myself as to whether to have one or not. I know I'll hate myself for it if I do but this is the first time I've really really wanted a non permitted thing since I started Dukan. Damn that conscience of mine, it's such a spoil sport!!

If there's any left, put one/some in the freezer - you can have on conso!

Well done - hope your OH continues to improve and happy birthday to him.:)

A few months ago I read on someone's blog that when faced with tempatation to stray from the diet they always ask themselves "will I regret not having it later?" The answer for me has always been no and I think it helps keep me on the straight and narrow.

Ooo, I really like that one, Vixx. Puts a positive spin on it for sure while really placing one's mind set into the future on goals. Then weighing how important or not the item really is.

Quick question.... Avonmore light milk is 1% fat and 5g carbohydrate per 100ml and Avonmore fat free is 0.3% fat and 5.7g of Carbohydrate. Are you better off with more fat less carb or more carb less fat or does it matter when there is so little between them???

Back