On the Dukan journey

All carbs in both cases are sugars and the taste of the 1% is much better and it's what everyone else uses in the house so may just go with whatever needs used up first.... Thanks for input :)

I spent yesterday having an internal discussion with myself as to whether I would weigh in this week :copon:. It's been a tough week and I felt I couldn't handle a bad weigh in so figured it might be better to skip it altogether. However this morning I told myself to cop on and faced the scales :scale: . I was thrilled by a 3 lb loss as I hadn't felt I'd loss anything and I still haven't got the excercise or water drinking back on track. By braving the scales I'm now feeling motivated again and the sacrifices of the past week seem insignificant compared to the sense of achievement I get when I imagine 17lbs of butter stacked on the table, the equivalent of which I was squeezing into my clothes only 6 weeks ago...... What's not to be happy about..... :talk017:

well done yogi , youre doing amazing . hows oh coming allong , hope theres some let up for you and for him x

well done you :D

sukie sue said:
well done yogi , youre doing amazing . hows oh coming allong , hope theres some let up for you and for him x

Thanks. He's doing ok but cabin fever setting in, poor sod has only been out of the house once in four weeks and that was for hospital appointment! He's reduced the pain meds and moving a bit easier so on the road to recovery but long way to go yet......

Well I decided to have bacon cheese and onions on muffins for tea. Used to be my favourite toasted sandwich, unfortunately the only muffins I had in the freezer where raspberry flavoured but I figured the strength of the onion and bacon would mask any raspberry flavour ........safe to say it didn't and it's not a combination I'd recommend!!!
One of my mums horses jumped the gate out of the paddock this afternoon so O had a run around in my slippers and nearly got mowed down by the horse who wasn't in the humour to be caught. The mare that got left behind in the field got into such a state she looked liked she'd been coated in shaving foam and she and her rug had to be hosed down. That was my bit of excitement for the day. Have a five am start tomorrow so off to bed.....

My darling daughter (12) made me plain Dukan muffins while I was at work so I wouldn't have to have raspberry ones with my bacon :) and they are lovely. She also made me love heart shaped chocolate Dukan muffins as a Valentines treat, so sweet of her, and such a shame they tasted vile!! We had a good laugh about it though........

oh bless her... what a star she is :D

oh bless her... what a star she is :D

She is and my son (14) asked his dad last week if he wanted him to get a Valentines card for me :sign0168: seeing as he is housebound which my husband tells me he hadn't even thought about! How sweet is that......

thats very sweet ... my OH was housebound last year also and my son went and got me a card

Ok so 7 weeks completed and a total loss of 19 lbs. I'm now a whole 10.38% lighter than when I started and my BMI has dropped by 3.5. Lots of people noticing now that I am shrinking even though I've been very quiet about being on a diet. Overall it's been a relatively easy process and given that I've not been as diligent about walks and water drinking as I was at the start I am pleased to be still losing each week. I'm sure I could boost the losses by getting a grip on the exercise and water intake again. I'm well on target for reaching goal in May but know that losses will slow down the closer I get to it so no complacency allowed. I can't believe how disciplined I have been over the 7 weeks considering what I was like before I started, but as always dieting is a head game every bit as much as a food thing and if your head is in the right place your onto a winner. I'm loving the sense of achievement so I intend to carry on to the not so bitter end. I can be a stubborn cow when I want to be and I don't like failure so I will do it!! :blahblah::blahblah:

Wow will done you its so nice to see results :) im loving it especially the fact that I don't feel hungry

Yogi thats just how I feel about the diet - it has been easy, im struggling a bit now just losing the last few lbs but Im determined im not chucking the towel in just yet (sts the same for 2 weeks). Still love my menus but just wish the weather would improve so I could walk more.
You've are doing brilliantly considering the problems you've had :)

CHRISR said:
Yogi thats just how I feel about the diet - it has been easy, im struggling a bit now just losing the last few lbs but Im determined im not chucking the towel in just yet (sts the same for 2 weeks). Still love my menus but just wish the weather would improve so I could walk more.
You've are doing brilliantly considering the problems you've had :)

Finger crossed for your weigh in Chris..... How is it no matter what diet your doing your body knows when you just about to reach goal and the weight loss grinds to a halt. It's so frustrating....... Maybe if you set a new lower target it'll fool your body into losing again and then revert back to your original target :) :)

8 weeks in and I've passed the half way mark, can't believe it..... I was stunned to have lost 3 lbs this week, was expecting a pound at most as it seemd far to easy. I really think I have finally found the perfect diet for me and for the first time ever I am thinking I can keep this up as long as I need to because I am very happy on it. I have a major advantage in that I don't drink and I have a very bland palette so the plain and simple is just fine with me. I'm definitely a carnivore at heart too so all things considered I am a good Dukan candidate. If only I had discovered it years ago I could have saved myself a lot of grief and money :) Onwards and downwards!!

Fantastic, yogi!
Well done, well done!

Back