One day at a time!!

that's the way life goes though. there are occasions where people eat more than they would usually and they don't balloon in size if they go back to what they were doing before. well done at keeping on track :D

abz xx

Hi,

Glad you are doing well.....I was speaking to a friend of mine today, she had dieted for 3 months and has reached her goal weight. Seeing her before and after has been a real inspiration and is keeping me focused......I had a little nibble yesterday, all the things I am not suppose to eat, normally I would blow the day totally and continue eating for the rest of the week but I said to myself, SO WHAT, so long as I continue straight after the blip I will still be loosing something. I think the main problem we as humans have is if we falter one day on the diet we continue to eat.......and then it becomes a vicious cycle......I'm going to Alton Towers this weekend and I will be having a small meal thereafter so I have decided seeing as I will be having a small something I will focus until Saturday and treat myself.....even though I dont deserve it.......anyways the main thing is keeping at it and Linzi you mentioned something the other day to me which I keep reminding myself about and that is dieting 5 months is a long time, but 24 hours of managing isnt.....so thats what I am going to keep saying to myself.........thanks!! ;-)

Darling you are doing great. We'll hang in the and be careful you dont fall pregnant again.

In Australia, Cohen's also preaches to cure Polysystic ovarian syndrome (I know the spelling is out) and many people including my friend use this as a form of falling pregnant and Cohen's puts your hormones and body chemistry back into alignment!!!!

Bren
X

Princess. Well done on not falling of the wagon... I am starting to figure that part of dieting is not thinking of the failure & continuing on that track but focusing on how well we've done & so what if we have a blip we have to learn how to deal with it or we'll never remain thin once we've got there!! Its a life change! (remind me of this when I'm having a pants day!)
Have a great time at Alton Towers & enjoy that treat! You'll have worked some of it off by all the walking I'm sure!

Bren. Thats exactly what I had & the reason I fell pregnant! Thankfully my OH & I have decided that 2 kids is enough for us so there'll be no other planned pregnancies so once this weight comes off its gonna bloomin' well stay off!!

Hi Abz
Was doing ok until this afternoon when I sucummbed to some cheese & crackerbread (apart from that I've been so good!) in the whole its not so bad I guess as its not high carbs (but is high in sat fat) so fingers crossed it won't do too much damage & I didn't fancy any dinner after that!
Popped on the scales again this morning which I've got to stop doing & it showed that I've lost 6lbs in 2 days but it won't carry on like that if I keep cheating!! :eek:

sorry, i didn't read mine before writing in yours, ha. and that's an amazing weight loss. i'm going to weigh myself tomorrow to check i'm not putting weight on on these up days. especially after the sweeties disaster yesterday, hee.

i'm sitting here listening to the sweeney todd soundtrack, hee. you seen it? it's wonderful, gory but wonderful :D

keep it up linzi. you are doing really well :D you've got to wean yourself out of bad habits. you are more likely to stick to it in the long run. go for 100% tomorrow. i'll be checking up :D it's my day off, hee.

abz xx

i do weigh myself most mornings but it doesn't count until weigh in day, which was a sunday but now seems to have shifted to a tuesday because of when i started juddding. but i have to keep an eye on things at the moment in case the scales repeatedly go the wrong way :S i'm only really weighing myself after a down day. that's when he says you should weigh yourself. when you are less full of food i guess... or water or whatever. i've had to cut down the amount i've been drinking too. instead of grazing on food i have started grazing on water and could quite easily drink 5 litres when i'm at work. problem with that is that i started getting nasty cystitis. i was obviously drinking too much. so have kept it to four today and have been ok :)

think i am going to head to bed now linzi, avoid any more food, hee. looking forward to my brekkie tomorrow :D

here's to a good day for both of us on the morrow :D

abz xx

hey linzi. that's great news!!

well i weighed myself this morning to discover that i am exactly the same. hmph. well, it's only the morning of day four i know. and i was expecting to gain a little after that detox, but even still. hmph!! ha. so i'm going to be fairly careful today. will hopefully get my chicken and mushroom from the chinese tonight but i will be good for the rest of the day. i don't have anything planned. i quite fancy going for a walk in the park with one of my friends later if the weather stays nice so i'll suggest it to her :)

i am sitting here with my two boiled eggs waiting for me to eat them. i'm becoming a bit addicted to this deferred gratification thing. also on my down days i'm getting used to putting off eating as long as possible in the morning so it isn't as long to wait for lunch, ha!! i am thirsty though. usually i've had over a litre of water by now so i think i'll go and get my bottle and get started.

abz xx

ooh. i forgot about that cake. it's still in my work bag!! ha. think i'll have it with lunch. thanks for the reminder. it would have been more than a bit squished by the time i got to work tomorrow... :S

abz xx

and a lagoon?? you have a lagoon near you? that sounds amazing. leeds just doesn't accomodate for such things near me. we do have an abbey, and a river running past it, which is all very picturesque if the rest of leeds happens to have stayed away and there isn't a pile of rubbish floating past the odd swan... not very likely.

abz xx

Hey DB

Were both doing well I ate also today 4 extra cracker and some cheese and 1/2 an apple. I did manage the gym for about 35 - 40 mins. I am also pleased to report 3.6 ltrs plus green teas today!!!

I know it's been said many times before but the more water the better.

Bren
X

Day Five:
Did well yesterday playing at the Lagoon & on the beach kept my mind off food & helped with the water consumption!

Dropped another 2lbs today so thats 9lbs in total since monday! Loving the first week of this diet!

Gonna be 100% again today thinking I'm turning a corner with regards to the detoxing, headaches & cravings!

Bren: cheese & crackers is always a craving for me on this diet... well done on going to the gym! I'm doing Race for Life on sunday a 5km run raising money for cancer research, training has been a bit tricky this week due to the shakes & lack of energy.

Have a good day.
L.x

wow linzi. that's a great loss!! i'm hoping to get on cd this next week, if a counsellor gets back to me, so hopefully i'll have some impressive weight losses of my own to report soon :)

good luck on going 100% and i'm glad you're starting to feel better :D

abz xx

good luck over the weekend linzi. i'm off to scotland. keep on your 100%!! you can do it!!

see you sunday.

abz xx

Day Five:
Oh dear todays not going so well... had some cheese & crackers & very tempted by quorn jalfrezi & a vodka & tonic!!!
OH says why not allow myself it as I've done so well 9lbs off so far but now I'm in ketosis would that tip me over? The things is I don't want to get to the point where I'm half following Cohens (low carb low fat) & half doing a kinda low fat Atkins!!

Sooooooooooo confused today as to what I want to do... headaches haven't been helping but I guess b'coz I haven't being following it strictly thats why I'm still headachey??
May have to see if I can find some answers on another board of vlcd's!

WHY is it soooooooo much harder to stay on track 2nd time round? Last time not one thing that shouldn't passed my lips for 4 months!

Now I'm a very confused ditzeeblonde! Aaaaarrrgghh!

Abz:
Enjoy your time in Scotland... I bet you will now your officially 'not dieting' til tues (is that when you start cd?). Have a fab time!

Don't do it, you'll only regret it tomorrow.
If you can get through tonight, you're one step closer. I know you can be strong enough to resist:)

Back