One day at a time!!

Thanks Nicki
Your so right... then it'll just be a slippery slope into 'well I've blown it I might as well keep going!' I'm actually not feeling too hungry now & think I may treat myself to some caffeine free diet coke (that can be my v&t).
Thanks soooooooo much Nicki feel so much better, I love my OH so much but I needed a 'don't do it' rather than a treat yourself (not that I probably would've listened to him bless him!)
Day six tomorrow WILL be a 100% day!

Well done on your loss thats fab!

Well done! :clap:

I'll raise my glass of fizzy water to you! Friday night treats take on a whole new meaning don't they?!:D

I know exactly what you mean, when I've tried this previously my DH has offered me treats as his way of praising what I've done, I've had to explain that actually using food as comfort/reward for things is the reason for me needing to lose 1/2 my body weight. This time I'm going for rewards like him running the bath for me, something he would never usually do.:)
Enjoy your drink - cheers.:party0036:

I'm on CD, Day 7 of doing it properly, after 2 weeks of messing around. I lost a stone and a half last time, but just gave up.
This time I'm really determined. OH and I have decided to get married in August 2009 in Orlando, and I want to fit a normal sized wedding dress as well as the plane seats LOL.

The wedding was the motivation for me losing 2 years ago! You can & will do it!

How have you found your 1st week? I've thought its been much tougher doing it 2nd time round or I just forgot the side effects of detoxing / going into ketosis from last time! Shaking, being cold, headaches... all worth it tho!

Thanks for earlier you replied at just the right time to stop me being silly & I've enjoyed my diet coke! x

You're right, second time round is so much harder, but I'm really determined and got my wedding to spur me on. My new Cambridge councillor is great too, she is really kind and non-judgemnetal.
Your diet sounds really tough, I know with CD the only thing that keeps me going is that I can't eat anything, I'd never have the self control for portion control like you do.
As for earlier, no problem, I'm sure soon it will be my turn to crack, I only hope I'm strong enough to get on here first and withstand the cravings!
Off for another fizzy water - really pushing the boat out tonight -it's my third! :D

In some ways its not too bad b'coz I know the rules & that they shouldn't be broken!! Oooops!

If this diet hadn't worked so well before (had absolutly no cravings at all) I would definately have had to go on a CD or the like diet as I have learnt I am an all or nothing girl, can't have a small piece / taste of something otherwise I devour the lot! Which is whats happening with the cheese at the moment!

Sounds like the support for a CD is great with the counsellors etc from what I've seen on here! Good luck to you I can't imagine its easy by any stretch of the imagination!!

Enjoy your water... thats what I'm back to as I've drunk my quota of diet coke for today!

Just wanted to say well done for last night and good luck for today. :):)

Well done you, 100% and a social function too. So you should be feeling really proud.:)

We'll get there!:)

Day Seven:

Big day for me today am doing my first Race for Life at 3pm am very excited but also wondering how being this heavy I will cope with the distance & the heat!! Its alreay 20 degrees & only 9am... think I'll be consuming more than 5 litres of water today!! Have done some training but am not planning on running the whole course!

Have decided that I am going to weigh my food at the bbq today... having done a 100% day yesterday I need to keep on track & to weigh a bit of tuna steak & some salad is no great shakes really!

Am hoping that 'maybe' the bit of exercise today will bump up my weight loss for my weigh in tomorrow!

Best of luck and will chat with you tomorrow!!! Run Run Run.

Bren
XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Oooops!!

So much for being 100%.

BBQ was running late so I had some celery & hummous! Didn't weigh my tuna steak, salad, tomatoes & also had some feta cheese!

Was feeling really bloated after that but a 5k run/jog/walk soon put pay to that! What a fantastic event to be part of the buzz was incredible & raised £1000 so far with my sponsorship! WOW!!! :D

Went back to my folks & my mum had made a dark chocolate cake, pastry base & pears which was cooking in the oven... I resisted the french bread, the cheese board, the cold cuts BUT :eek: I did have a piece of the cake with proper vanilla ice cream & boy did it taste good!!!!

The good thing is that one piece was enough (unheard of for me) & I haven't fancied anything else to eat today so although I have been bad I haven't lost my focus which is the most important thing!

Weigh in day tomorrow & the start of a brand new week! x

Day Eight:

Weighed in this morning & have lost 10lbs!
Not sure I deserve it as I haven't followed my diet 100% & had a piece of cake yesterday but all losses greatly received & it being week 1 was bound to lose the most weight of any week!

This week needs to be a good week as I can't keep doing this half heartedly! So I'm going to stick to Cohens religiously & drink 4-5 litres a day!

that is a totally amazing loss. am so chuffed for you :) and mega congrats on your money raising skills too :D well done :D

abz xx

Thanks Abz!!

Oh crap! Why do it?
I have eaten crap this afternoon... a bar of whisky truffle chocolate, some cheese & crackerbread & just polished off the rest of my son's dinner!!

I didn't need it! I wasn't feeling hungry! just did it because........!!!
Really really annoyed with myself as there was no reason for it I wasn't craving it SO WHY??? :mad:

I always do this on a good weigh in day ever since the year dot when I started dieting... really frustrated now & totally & utterly pee'd off with myself!!!

God I'm so pants!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

you aren't pants!! you've got self destructive syndrome. i do it too. every time i'm doing really well on a diet i suddenly go mad and eat everything in sight. i think it's similar to what somebody was posting somewhere earlier, that once weight starts dropping off it's scary because you have to face up to all your problems, not hide behind weight any more. get yourself some incredibly strict rules. have a list of things you are DEFINATELY allowed and a list of things you are DEFINATELY not. get yourself into a mindset of obeying those lists to a T!! the ones you aren't allowed are disgusting. just think of yourself eating those big blobs of yellow fat that people show you, you know, 'this is what half a stone of fat looks like'. if your chocolate truffle bar was a big glob of yellow fat you wouldn't want it would you? i find that i manage far better when i have really strict rules for myself and i don't think about anything else. other things aren't an option. just pick yourself up, dust yourself down and keep a bottle of washing up liquid handy to squirt all over anybody's left over dinner so you can't eat it. or better still, get them to do it before they leave the table :D

you can do this honey. you could be pants, lovely weeny sexy ones, but you are definately NOT a pair of bellywhackers!!

abz xx

you can do this honey. you could be pants, lovely weeny sexy ones, but you are definately NOT a pair of bellywhackers!!

abz xx

Bellywhackers!! What a great expression! :cool:

Well I carried on in my self destruct mode last night! Don't know why... I really had to force myself to eat... just disgusted with myself really! :mad:

Stepped on the scales this morning to find out I am 4lbs up from yesterday...:eek: I know that won't all be fat, some will be water retention & some will just be the amount of food still in my system.

Today I am back on the wagon & am walking up to pick my son up from school (2-3 mile walk) & then off for a swim tonight, am drawing a line under my 'hiccup' yesterday & taking it just one day at a time again!

that's all any of us can do hon. glad you are feeling a bit better today. i just had an IT manager having a real go at me for something that it wasn't my decision to do. and then patronise me. i mean, i'm a trainee, he knows that, and it isn't even my call to do some things. but nobody else was here. so i've been yelled at, patronised, then told what to do. and i'm not happy about it!! *******. i have developed an instant hatred for the man. i refuse to help him when later, i'm sure he will want me to do something. he can go leap off a bloody big cliff!!

abz xx

Hey Ditzee!

Exactly one day at a time and we shall fight the war on fat!! Lots of water, water and then some more water.

Bren
X

Back