one step at a time

Sounds a right little Madam - to put it politely. Although I think the adult who told her what the present was isn't all that bright either. :rolleyes: Try not to let it get at you.

Love reading your food diary - you and lots of others here are a great inspiration to keep on track. I've lost 6 lbs in 5 weeks going it alone, I'm perfectly happy with one pound a week! Want to have a stone off by Christmas.

Cheers!

:xmascheers:

oh she can be at times and at other times she's a wee darling!

good to see another belfastonian on here. congrats on your losses!

Breakfast – 2 Weetabix (HEb) 100ml of semi skimmed milk (1/2 HEa) and a banana
Lunch – leftover mashed potato and butternut squash with bacon and baked beans and a handful of frozen grapes
Dinner – steak with peppered mushroom sauce and roasted veg (potatoes, carrots, parsnip, butternut squash, courgette, peppers, red onions and chilli) and 2 plums
Snack – choc lolly (like a freddo on a stick – 5 syns) and one chunk of toblarone (2 syns)

Before bed - 2 slices of Nimble toast (5 syns) with 2 laughing cow light triangles (1/2 HEa)

Total 12 syns

WOWWWW one chunk of Toblerone is 2 syns?! :eek:!

Little kids who do that kind of thing really grind my gears! Feel better soon xxx

the bodyoptimise site lists 25g (3 chunks) as 6 syns, so 1 chunk, 2 syns... not a bad wee choc fix for 2 syns i think

Another Green day

Lunch – veg broth with a pear and a nectarine
Dinner – quorn ragu (quorn mince with carrots, onions, chilli, garlic, balsamic vinegar and tinned tomatoes), some leftover roasted veg (potatoes, carrots, parsnip, butternut squash, courgette, peppers, red onions and chilli) with pasta and parmesan (1/2 HEa) and 2 Clementine’s
Snack – curly wurly (6 syns)
Before bed - 2 slices of Nimble toast (HEb) with 2 laughing cow light triangles (1/2 HEa)

Total 6 syns

thanks Ali! meant to be going out for lunch AND dinner tomorrow... gonna try and cancel at least one but will see how i get on

Not a great day today. Ate out for both lunch and dinner. Even had chips! Argh! There weren’t that many to be fair and they were very chunky so not as bad as they could have been but it’s def a flexi syn day.

Lunch – chicken and chorizo pasta in a spicy tomato sauce
Dinner – steak on a bed of stirfried veg with a spicy tomato salsa and chips
Snack – 2 chunks of toblarone (4 syns)
Total flexi syns

You still have today, tomorrow, Friday and Saturday to pull it back! I know you can do it, you know you can do it, just pull out a recipe book and get yourself into cooking up lots of SW goodies to keep you full up for the next few days :) Try going to Asda or Tesco and finding lots of reduced price veg, then come home and make something yum out of it all because you can't let it go to waste! :) xxx

Lunch – veg broth with a breaded chicken breast (6 syns) and a shape zero
Snack – strawberries
Dinner – baked potato with bacon, swede and cabbage, brown sauce (1 syn)
Snack – pineapple

no nimble tonight and only a 1/2 HEa today.

Total 7 syns

Last edited:
Bit of a leftover day all round...

Snack – apple and a pear
Lunch - quorn ragu (quorn mince with carrots, onions, chilli, garlic, balsamic vinegar and tinned tomatoes), some leftover roasted veg (potatoes, carrots, parsnip, butternut squash, courgette, peppers, red onions and chilli) with pasta and parmesan (1/2 HEa)
Snack - pineapple
Dinner - SW sausages (1 syn), with mashed potato and butternut squash, some leftover roasted veg (potatoes, carrots, parsnip, butternut squash, courgette, peppers, red onions and chilli) and balsamic onion gravy (1 syn)
Snack – a curly wurly (6 syns)

Total – 8 syns

Making an effort to clear the freezer

Lunch – batchelors pasta mug thingy (still prefer mugshots) a plum, pear and shape zero
Snack – frozen grapes
Dinner – chicken and veg curry (from the freezer and last month’s mag) with chips
Snack – 4 toblarone chunks (8 syns)

Total – 8 syns

Just found the minimins iPhone app. V happy lol

More freezer goodies

Breakfast – bacon and scrambled egg with mushrooms and 2 plums
Lunch – mugshot with an apple, a plum, a shape zero and a cupcake (10 syns)
Snack - 2 Clementine's
Dinner - cottage pie topped with mashed potato, sweet potato and butternut squash, with mashed potato and butternut squash and baked beans
Snack - frozen grapes and a shape zero
Before bed - 2 slices of Nimble toast (HEb) with 2 laughing cow light triangles (1/2 HEa)

Total 10 syns

Finally!!!!! after a month of not losing i've had a bit of a breakthrough! not only did i lose 1.5KG (3LB) but i hit my club10!

thanks champ! how you getting on?

I don't seem to show much difference - my scales are old (like me!) - but so long as they are going in the right direction I'm happy enough. Definitely over 3kg in 6 weeks, want to make that 7 kg by Christmas which is 8 weeks away. Had a meal out Friday night and was very glad just had one glass of wine. My consumption has dramatically dropped and hope to keep it that way! :fingerscrossed:

I don't seem to show much difference - my scales are old (like me!) - but so long as they are going in the right direction I'm happy enough. Definitely over 3kg in 6 weeks, want to make that 7 kg by Christmas which is 8 weeks away. Had a meal out Friday night and was very glad just had one glass of wine. My consumption has dramatically dropped and hope to keep it that way! :fingerscrossed:

hehe i think as long as they are going in the right general direction then you'll be grand! what i'm loving about SW is that you actually eat rather well, well, at least i do, lol i'm never really wanting for anything (except nice bread, but am controlling that want - and have been craving pizza recently, but resisting so far). i'm happy to stick with SW as a way to eat with the bonus that i lose some weight as we go!

have you thought about starting a food diary it may give you the chance to see what your path is and get advice along the way. i know it's helped me as from time to time i go back and read over mine to see what works and what doesnt etc..

Lunch – mugshot with an apple, a plum, a shape zero
Dinner - steak with peppered mushroom sauce and roasted veg (potatoes, carrots, parsnip, butternut squash, courgette, peppers, red onions) and a rather large Halloween cupcake thing with frosting and spooky treat things (prob about 20 syns!!!! It was yummy tho)

skipped the nimble and missed my other 1/2 HEa

Total 20-ish? syns

Back