one step at a time

Oooh. Your quorn stroganoff sounds delicious. Do you have a recipe ?

Gail x

yeah, v straightforward and meant to serve 4

packet of quorn chicken pieces
large red onion, thinly sliced
about 220g of mushrooms (i used closed caps and portabello), chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
2tsp paprika
250ml chicken/veg stock (i'm not a veggie so go with chicken for more flavour)
1/2 packet of quark

fry off the onions and garlic for about 5 mins until onions have softened
add quorn, mushrooms and paprika, stir in and cook off for a further 5 mins or so
add stock, allow to simmer for 5 mins then take off the heat and stir in the quark

really simple and quite tasty!

Yum. Thought I might try that but then remembered that I haven't got any quark !!! Will put it on my shopping list. Thanks.

See you tomorrow !!

Gail x

i use quark cos it's what i've got in the fridge, but you could try creme freiche or cottage cheese or Philadelphia whatever really, lol

down another 1lb this week :D

Breakfast – 2 Weetabix (HEb) 100ml of semi skimmed milk (1/2 HEa) and a banana
Snack – a pear
Lunch – breaded chicken breast (6 syns) and veg and barley broth
Dinner - steak with peppered mushroom sauce and roasted veg (potatoes, carrots, parsnip, butternut squash, courgette, peppers, red onions)
Snack – curly wurly (6 syns)

Total 12 syns

Breakfast – bacon, mushrooms and scrambled egg
Snack – a pear, 2 clementine’s and an apple
Lunch – veg and barley broth
Dinner – reggae reggae chicken breast (4 syns), oven roasted veg and chips
Snack – strawberries and 3 choc biscuits (12 syns?)

Total 16 syns

Hey Why_d, I tried your stroganoff tonight......................................

except I didn't have any paprika and didn't have any quark !!! So it wasn't quite a stroganoff :eek: however I have put paprika and quark on my shopping list. Would you recommend smoked paprika or plain ? Also, is it watery ?? I ended up putting a couple of teaspoons of cornflour in but could you manage without ?

Anyway, will definitely try the proper recipe next week !!!

Thanks

Gail x

hey gail, no shouldn't be watery as the quark mixed with the stock should make a creamy sauce, lol go with plain paprika, as the smoked would be too strong, you want sweet rather than smoky, lol

Last edited:
I drove a car today. Doesn’t sound like much. Doesn’t sound very eventful, but it’s the first time I’ve driven a car in 602 days! Today was another milestone. Today was a big day!

It’s just a shitter that I’m going to probably have to wait another 5 months to do it again!

Today was also a green day!

Lunch – veg and barley broth and 2 Clementine’s and an apple, small slice of carrot cake (5 syns)
Dinner - quorn crispy chicken fillet (2 syns) with chips, roasted veg and peas 3 choc biscuits (12 syns)
Before bed - 2 slices of Nimble toast (HEb) with 2 laughing cow light triangles (1/2 HEa)

Total 19 syns

Thanks. I'll let you know how it goes !!!!

Gail x

P.S. Congrats on the car driving. Glad you enjoyed it. Hope it isn't another 5 months before you get to do it again. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

well it's a bad week!

chair is broke and off to the workshop so stuck in bed and not able to cook this week. gonna put weight on for sure, oh well!

Still stuck in bed, it’s not looking good as I think they have to order a part and god knows when I’ll get the chair back.

Lunch – mugshot, 2 Clementine’s and a pear
Dinner – baked potato, chicken and veg curry and a small slice of carrot cake (5 syns)
Snack – choc biscuit 4 syns
Before bed - 2 slices of Nimble toast (5 syns) with 2 laughing cow light triangles (1/2 HEa)

Total 14 syns

Tried the stroganoff today with the proper ingredients !!! Was delicious so thanks.

I made a little bit of it with quark (which I've never used before) and a bit with total 2%. I don't have much experience with either. I got scared that I'd added too much water so I put a little bit of cornflour in but actually in the end I probably didn't need it.

Hope you're ok. Please let us know when you get news about your chair. I have my fingers crossed for you.

Gail x

P.S. Did it with 2 chicken breasts instead of quorn but no way it was going to serve 4 (chicken or quorn) !!!!

:)

Yum yum

G x

Not updated my food diary in a few days as, due to being stuck in bed I wasn’t preparing my own meals so wasn’t counting syns. For the most part it was weetabix for breakfast and mugshot for lunch, but dinner was all over the place.

Now I’m up and about again I’ll start again!

Lunch – mugshot and a chicken breast and pineapple
Dinner – quorn bolognaise (quorn mince, carrot and onions, garlic, chilli, tomatoes and balsamic vinegar) some pasta and parmesan (1/2 HEa), 1/2 a sticky toffee pudding (10 syns)
Snack – strawberries

Total 10 syns

Glad to hear you're mobile again - need to be careful in these icy conditions, the pavements are like glass. :eek:

tell me about it! made a foolish decision to make a try to connswater this morning... VERY slippery! got there and back safely but wont be venturing out too far for a while at this rate, lol

Back