one step at a time

Breakfast – bacon and mushroom omelette with cheese (1/2 HEa)
Lunch – chicken, a pear and 2 plums
Dinner – chicken breast, carrots and spicy roasted baby potatoes
Snack – golden wonder crisps (6.5 syns) a curly wurly (6 syns)
Before bed - 2 slices of Nimble toast (HEb) with 2 laughing cow light triangles (1/2 HEa)

Total 12.5 syns

Rather than keep updating my food diary with my background I’ve started a blog. There’s a link in my signature.

Wow I just read your story. Please continue telling us about it.

You are an amazing person! You are inspiring us - others with your story and your strength. At some point in the future you'll be inspiring even more people. Have you seen that guy with no arms and legs? You are different from him of course, but you'll be able to give hope to people who need to lose weight - to show them that its possible.

Huge hugs,
xxxxxx

thanks Dawn!

i will continue with my story, but there are many threads to it that need unravelling, some that will make sense only to me when reading back and i dont want to bog down this diary with them.

this diary is about my food and weight loss journey and although the journeys are linked they are also very separate. there'll be people who read my current journey who may not need or want to know about how i got to this path and i dont want to alienate them or stop them from reading and commenting on it or make them feel that they have to comment on how i've come to be here.

i've added the link to my signature for those that want to keep up with that part of my journey. i hope that some will find it helpful. i hope that maybe it will inspire some, but most of all i hope it helps me to look back and to continue to move forward.

Breakfast – 2 Weetabix (HEb) 100ml of semi skimmed milk (1/2 HEa) and a banana
Lunch – beef casserole (steak pieces, carrots, onions, leeks, swede, garlic, rosemary, tomatoes), 2 plums
Dinner, nando’s, ratatouille, rice and chicken, 2 plums

Total – less than 15 syns

thanks donna! am thinking of your mum! glad she's got her date for chemo now!

Breakfast – bacon and mushroom omlette with cheese (1/2 HEa)
Lunch – beef casserole
Dinner – chicken breast with chips and beans, 2 plums
Snack – cupcake (1 syns)
Before bed - 2 slices of Nimble toast (HEb) with 2 laughing cow light triangles (1/2 HEa)

Total 10 syns

Def not drunk enough this week, not holding out much hope for tomorrow.

Breakfast – Crepe (6 syns) with ham (HEb), egg, cheese (1/2 HEa), tomatoes and chilli
Lunch – mugshot, pear and muller light
Dinner - quorn meatballs ragu (carrots, onions, chilli, garlic, balsamic vinegar and tinned tomatoes), pasta, parmesan (1/2 HEa) and a muller light

Total 6 syns

Mmmmmm. I agree on the ragu. Is there a recipe or do you just chuck it all in. How much balsamic to use (because I've never put balsamic in cooking although I've just started putting worcester sauce in some cooking) ?

Just for your info, I love the stroganoff that you gave me the recipe for. I have made it loads of times and have started experimenting by adding a few extra things to it.......(which may be a dangerous thing !). Thanks.

Good luck tomorrow.

Gail x

YOU are a GOOD writer. Really, really good. And I'm speaking as someone who edits, who writes, who works with books and who has to read a lot of debut novels that are complete rubbish, and self-published novels that are even worse. You've got talent. :) I'm hooked on this story and want more. Please give us more!

YOU are a GOOD writer. Really, really good. And I'm speaking as someone who edits, who writes, who works with books and who has to read a lot of debut novels that are complete rubbish, and self-published novels that are even worse. You've got talent. :) I'm hooked on this story and want more. Please give us more!

thanks Pootler! that's a great compliment!:D

another 2lbs down for me this week! :D

Gail def make this recipe, it’s so easy and you’ll never look back! I use it as a base as it’s usually enough for 4 decent sized portions so I separate them out and then add whatever I fancy to it on the day... sometimes I add some mushrooms or peppers whatever other veg is looking good or differing types of quorn or meat.

3 or 4 good sized carrots
An onion or 5/6 spring onions (whatever needs used up usually finds its way in)
Chilli
Garlic chopped
Tin of chopped or plum tomatoes
Balsamic vinegar

Half or third the carrots and onion and put in a blender along with as much chilli as you like (with or without the seeds). Give a good whizz until they’re all broke down and more or less finely chopped. Don’t worry about the bigger bits that stray up the side of the food processor as they add to the texture. Scrape all of this into a pan and cook on a high heat until softened. Add about a third of a bottle of balsamic vinegar and stir in. Allow to reduce until you can hear the mixture sizzling again and there’s not really any excess liquid left (you may get a bit of a kick from the vinegar fumes). At this point I add my garlic (although if you like it cooked off a bit more you can add it earlier with the onions etc, but I find the taste gets lost a bit with the balsamic). Anyway, add the garlic and the tinned tomatoes, fill the empty can with water and add this. The mixture will look a bit watery, but just leave it to cook off and reduce, stirring occasionally. It’s up to you how thick you like your ragu but 20mins simmering time is usually what I give it.

Snack – 2 yellow plums
Lunch – chicken, an apple and an orange
Dinner – steak with peppered mushroom sauce and roasted veg (potatoes, carrots, parsnip, butternut squash, courgette, peppers, red onions) a cupcake (10 syns)

Snack – an apple
Lunch – beef casserole and a pear
Dinner – stuffed pork chop (8 syns?), roasted veg and a baked potato
Snack – a packet of golden wonder (6.5 syns) and a yellow plum

Total 14.5 syns

Lunch – chicken, an apple and a pear
Dinner – quorn chicken pieces in ragu with pasta and cheese (1/2 HEa)
Snack – a packet of golden wonder (6.5 syns)
Total 6.5 syns

Back