Attack Onions... making me cry!

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by MattR, 4 September 2014 Social URL.

1. MattR

MattR Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st5.9lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    17st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.9lb(11.3%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    According to my Dukan Diet Book, I can have onion - so last night made myself a fake chilli - with some low fat mince, onion, garlic... some spices blah blah.

However - it was really hard to brown/sweat my onions with no oil in the pan - used a non stick pan, with a single squirt of spray oil - and a small onion finely chopped... I ended up using water to kind of sweat the onions and get them sizzling - but it must have taken 30 minutes to turn a tiny bit of onion from white to beige.

So my little Dukan dancing partners... how can you get your onions to brown with no oil?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Madmission

Madmission Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(14.87%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Splenda!!! Mmmmm sticky and sweet onions!! Or use spray oil and wipe the pan before throwing them in! Simples! lol xx

4. MattR

MattR Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st5.9lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    17st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.9lb(11.3%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Splenda.... awesome idea... I have used brown sugar before (in the old days) - shall try that.

Fanks!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.