Only 1 1/2 stone to lose - worth joining SW?

Jue xx

Hi, my weight has been gradually creeping up over the past few months, and although I'm not very overweight, I've just got back from 2 weeks holiday to find that I'm now the heaviest I've ever been at 10st 10lbs, making my BMI 26.4 and I don't like the feeling. I would like to get back down to around the 9 stone mark where I feel most comfortable.

Would Slimming World work for me? I have been reading inspirational stories on this forum of people who have lost massive amounts of weight on SW, but is it as effective for people like me? Would I still be welcome at a class? There is a class just around the corner from me at 5pm and 7pm tonight but I'm unsure....

yes hun u can join SW as long as u have at least 7lb to loose (and as long as that 7lb doesnt make u lower than ur healthy BMI) although i have lost 2.5st so far, i now only have 1.5st to go, so if i can loose 1.5st so can you :D xxx

just to add though, be aware that u may have slower losses than others if u dont have much to loose, my losses have slowed quite a bit, bt i am still losing! also a girl joined our group, which when she joined i thought why!? lol she looked perfect to me, but she lost 9lb i think to get to target, and did it quite quickly :) x

Definitely worth it. Most of us need help whether its 1 stone or 10. When I very first joined a class (it was ww) I was about 2 stone less than I am now!!! Had to want to lose 10lb to be allowed to join (think as said sw is 7) and I never felt out of place to be there even though some had much more to lose or had already lost loads

Why would it not be worth it? Even if you start off with ten stone to lose there comes a point when you only have a stone or less to go ;)

Definitely worth it. The support is great, especially as you may not lose the weight as quickly if yoi've for less to lose. Also sw is a great way to eat for life rather than a fad diet. Go along, see what you think :)

I concur with the previous posters. The less you have to lose, the harder it can be so the support at group is invaluable. You'll find you'll be very welcome as there are a broad range of shapes and sizes - some with more and some with less to lose. I say suck it and see!

Definitely think you should. I started thinking I would lose that much to get me back to a bmi of 24.5 but am 4 lbs away from it and know that I am going to shift my target by another stone so I will hopefully lose 2.5 in total. It has taken me 12 weeks so far to lose 17lbs and have had two weeks holiday so give it a go, go to group and get started. You will feel great when it starts to come off even if it is a bit slower. This is about changing lifestyle and being able to maintain it in "real" life. Good luck :)

Defo do it, it doesnt matter how much or how little you need to lose, SW is a way of life for ever as its a really healthy longterm eating plan x

You're not in Wales by any chance are you? I was at a 5pm class last night that has a 7pm as well. I know I'm sure there is the same all over the UK, but you never know!! I am a similar weight to you, and have just started back in slimming world after wedding/honeymoon. I want to lose a similar amount as well. If I didn't go to class I would never manage it. The class I go to is also great fun. Everyone there is lovely. Since starting originally a year ago I have made some fantastic friends, some of which attended my wedding. I love the social aspect of going and the help and support of the group is invaluable. Go for it, the only thing you've got to lose is the weight :)

I joined SW wanting to lose a stone which I did in about 12 or 13 weeks - as I've found it so easy to stick to I believe I can go a bit further so have now set my target which will see me lost 1st 4lb in total - so I would say definitely worth it - best weight loss program I have ever followed and I can definitely see me sticking at it when I reach target x

yes, definitely! I joined at 10st6.5lb, wanting to get to 9st3 which was my pre-children weight! (I am 5ft) It took me 14 weeks to get to target. I am so happy I joined! I wish i had done it sooner. I am just about to reset my target to lose another 12lb and get to my wedding-day weight! And I know i can do it too!! :-o

xx

Back