only lost 1 lb

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by dilprit, 15 April 2010 Social URL.

1. dilprit

dilprit New Member

Hi slimmers I am new to this forum. However I have been at w.w. for 4 weeks now and so far have lost 5 lbs. My question is although sticking to my point last week end I did 3/4 hours of heavy gardening and although I felt I had lost a good weight lost when I was weighed on Tuesday I had only lost 1lb. Has any one else experienced this.

Bubbles.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Smirky

Smirky Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Pro points
    the average weight loss is between 1-2lbs a week so great loss tbh :) don't feel dishearted, if you feel better in yourself like you've lost more that's a good feeling to stick with, also you may of toned up whilst gardening! so although altering your body its not changing weight etc, it's best to keep an update of your measurements :)

4. Katie_Victoria

Katie_Victoria Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st2lb(30%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    A 1lbs loss is great. Loosing weight steadily is the best way to keep it off. 1lbs is better than nothing so please don't feel down :)

5. Shabba

Shabba Loves the Nom Nom!!!

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(11.84%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers PP
    Have you measured yourself? Sometimes if we expect a big weight loss and only get a small one its inches that we've lost. But as said before 1lb is a good weaight loss! :D

6. looby1003

looby1003 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    5 lbs is great! Just think, if you weren't dieting, you could have gained instead of lost. In another 4 weeks, you will have lost 10lbs :) As already said, you might be losing inches. Keep up the good work :)

7. BREN

BREN is going to loose!

Start Weight:
    83kg
    Current Weight:
    80.8kg
    Goal Weight:
    72kg
    Lost(%):
    2.2kg(2.68%)
    Diet:
    CALORIE COUNTING :)
    1lb lost is better than 1lb gained, and you have lost 5 hun!! well done.

Bren
    X

8. Hazykay

Hazykay Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10.0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11.5lb(17.29%)
    Diet:
    WW
    I felt exactly like you when I got weighed on Wednesday. I lost half a pound and I had walked 7 miles on the Thursday, 3 miles on Sunday, 4 miles on Tuesday followed by an hours Zumba class to be told I lost half a pound. I was totally gutted!!:cry:

After talking to my class leader, she pointed out that a weight loss sometimes isn't always instant, it could be next week before I see it and it may be inches I have lost rather than weight :D

I was still gutted and felt cheated, but I thought that was last week, this is the start of a new week let's get on with it!!

I've now accepted it and see it as a loss is still a loss, even it is half a pound. Our weight is moving in the right direction. We will get there, just remember, small steps make miles x

9. vanda

vanda plodding away

Start Weight:
    19st5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.17%)
    Diet:
    faffing about
    I think the way to sustained weight loss is to accept slow regular losses. 1lb a week is fab and is the healthy way to go. Try not to be disheartened, I know we all want to lose a bucket full every week but this is unlikely and unhealthy.

Well done on the weight loss you are doing great.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.