Optimising Walking

like_a_feather

Thinking Thin!
Hi

I am very new to exercise and have started walking in my lunch hour. I am currently very unfit. We have some uneven terrain very close by which is ideal. I was wondering what the best way is to optimise my walking time. Are there any technique tips, should I alter the speed, how out of breath should I get?

I just thought I should make the most of the exercise xx

PS - I am aiming to get fit enough to begin C25K.

We're doing shape up for business at work which is an nhs scheme and we've been told to walk for a min of 10 min a day like ur late for a bus. We were told that basically if ur getting warm and a bit sweaty then ur doing it right, so if ur going on a lunch maybe start of fast and slow it down at the end so ur not puffed out when u get back x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Donzy84 said:
We're doing shape up for business at work which is an nhs scheme and we've been told to walk for a min of 10 min a day like ur late for a bus. We were told that basically if ur getting warm and a bit sweaty then ur doing it right, so if ur going on a lunch maybe start of fast and slow it down at the end so ur not puffed out when u get back x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks so much for the advice will try that tomorrow xx

watch_her_fly said:
Hi

I am very new to exercise and have started walking in my lunch hour. I am currently very unfit. We have some uneven terrain very close by which is ideal. I was wondering what the best way is to optimise my walking time. Are there any technique tips, should I alter the speed, how out of breath should I get?

I just thought I should make the most of the exercise xx

PS - I am aiming to get fit enough to begin C25K.

If you have a smart phone I recommend RunKeeper, which will track:

Pace
Distance
Elevation

I use it on my lunch and it always motivates me when I can look back at what I've done that day.

Back