Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Ordering my Juicer Tomorrow!!!

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by welshgirl21, 14 October 2010 Social URL.

1. welshgirl21

welshgirl21 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(13.79%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Finally, payday is in sight and I can order my juicer :bliss:I'm so excited I've been like a child waiting for Xmas the last week and a half lol, been driving OH mad.

A work colleague has been using a juicer for 6 weeks now and the health benefits she said have been amazing - her migraines have disappeared, her daughters eczema has gone, her skin is glowing; so I did some research and am getting one for myself. She's using the Jason Vale books, not following the diets, just using the juices and the concept which is the attitude I want to take - if I lose some weight then great, but I want to do it for the health benefits too.

Will let you all know how I get on when I receive it, can't wait :D:D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've got a Waring juicer, they're a little more expensive than the others, but you literally get just juice, all the pulp is left in the top.

4. welshgirl21

welshgirl21 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(13.79%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well, my juicer was ordered last Friday and I spent the weekend reading 2 of Jason Vale's books which I bought (actually made my OH drive to 2 Waterstone's shops for one of them). Yesterday my packages finally arrived and I had the juicer which now sits proudly on the kitchen worktop, so after I unpacked it after work yesterday me and OH were off to empty Asda of fruit and veg :)

I have so far made 2 juices which I love; one is a detox one which has carrot, cucumber, raw beatroot, apple, lemon and ginger; it went a funky red colour and was really yummy. Next was a Lemon and Ginger Zinger which is lemon, ginger and 2 apples over ice and it's lovely and refreshing so I had one for breakfast this morning. My lunch today is a 'Salad in a Glass' which is spinach, tomato, cucumber and carrots with a bit of ginger so we'll see what that's like.

At the moment I'm going to be having a juice or smoothie for breakfast and lunch then a healthy meal for dinner; then I am going to try and increase my sessions at the gym to 2 a week (finding this hard though as I've been working lots of hours and am shattered). Looking forward to being/feeling healthier, getting all the nutrients and vitamins I need and maybe losing a little bit of weight too.

5. Squiggle.bums

Squiggle.bums New Member

Well done welshgirl!! You sound very determind which is exellent!
    I first found out about this on the 'crash diet' programme. Went straight on to amazon and brought the 7lbs in 7 days book.
    Turns out my mum had a pretty decent smoothies maker so iv pinched that and planning to start my 7days next saturday(12th) my nephews bday on the 11th and its a pizzahut party!! I tend to eat less on weekends as im not bored!!have heard the first 2 days r hard so thnk saturday will work well. Please update me on ur progress!! X

rent this space

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.