(OT) Fave ways to relax and unwind

I will succeed!!!
Planning a night of RnR tonight - the full monty! I mean the kind of RnR when you just want to chill out and do nothing. Got me thinking at how different people handle different things...

...so how do we all unwind generally, and what's our 'treat' way to unwind.

1 - At home my pamper night is a bubble bath, with candles (and used to be a bar of choccy lol), a new glossy mag or good book. The OH is a gem and usually gives me a massage afterwards using my fave lotion.

2 - My 'treat' RnR is to go to my local beauty salon and have a facial. I especially love the arometherapy facial as it takes 1.5hours and they give me a head massage with it - bliss! Used to have one every 6 weeks but can't afford it that often these days. Not had one for 3 months and might get one at next payday lol!

So I am off tongith to buy some new bubble bath, a trashy magazine as no-brain reading and some of the new vaseline aloe vera oil-gel for afterwards (skin feels dry atm and it looks like a good new product). OH doesn't know he's being roped in to do a leg massage though lol ;)

xxx

Last edited:
Your examples sound lush!

I normally just have a bath with some music on in the bathroom, get into some very comfey clothing, chill out on the sofa with a glass of wine or a cup of tea and a very cold kitkat broken into peices whilst watching a good film or soaps.

I love nothing better than getting into my pjs, lying on the sofa with a big pile of trashy magazines watching rubbish tv like Make Me A Supermodel or Come Dine With Me. Nothing better than lazing about x

I need to get active to unwind as daft as that sounds.

I like to go for a run, especially if its raining, just me and my ipod so i can focus my thoughts and just 'zone' out.

I love then coming home and having a hot shower or bath using sanctuary products, getting into my tracky bottoms and cuddling up on the sofa with my fiance and the cats. I usually save some syns and have some choccy like a curly wurly :D

I also like unwinding in the steam room and jacuzzi in the gym and then going to the salon close by for a full body massage. Its quite expensive so i can only do this when i have had loads of overtime on at work and have got the spare cash.

Well with young kids I don't get to relax or unwind that often

1) going to my parents, older 2 can play out and my dad is fantastic with the baby I only get him when he needs feeding

2) knitting is me time to the exclusion of all others - never get it since baby was born

3) I love reading in the bath, but more offten than not I'm interupted by a boy who should be in bed trying to sail his boats.

Sticky we are very similiar ~ I just love going to the bath with my magazines and a G&T, I usually light candles and when I get out I put on my not so sexy pyjamas and go to bed (and read some more!!). Treat wise I love going to my local beauty salon for a massage and facial, my hubby treated me not so long ago but it will probably be after Christmas before I get again, their prices are shocking!!!

Sticky, I liked your post. Its made me re-evaluate the way I think about treats & relaxing. I always used to relax by hogging the sofa with a takeaway or a glass of rose wine.

From now on, I'm going to concentrate on things that will really make me feel good. So I'm going to be rewarding myself (for good weigh-ins) with bubble baths, lotions, etc. Then for milestones, I'm going to reward myself with perfume/ massages/ clothes. Its time for me to stop thinking of food as a reward & start focusing on life's other pleasures that I seem to have forgotten in recent years.
Thanks for making me think tonight xx

Sticky, I liked your post. Its made me re-evaluate the way I think about treats & relaxing. I always used to relax by hogging the sofa with a takeaway or a glass of rose wine.

From now on, I'm going to concentrate on things that will really make me feel good. So I'm going to be rewarding myself (for good weigh-ins) with bubble baths, lotions, etc. Then for milestones, I'm going to reward myself with perfume/ massages/ clothes. Its time for me to stop thinking of food as a reward & start focusing on life's other pleasures that I seem to have forgotten in recent years.
Thanks for making me think tonight xx

Wow - I am really happy my post has had a positive impact like this! I highly recommend taking time out when possible for some pamper RnR time. I feel fab this morning for having had a bath with extras last night and slept like a baby :)

And (other than the hot water) it cost:

69p for a face pack from Wilkies
£1 for the radox bubble bath (on special offer and will last ages)
£3.32 for the new after bath moisturising oil (which will last ages)
90p for the mag

Probs the same as a bottle of wine and was fab!

Have a treat this weekend hun! xxx

Back