Other diet bars

Yes

Sorry I'm sure this has already been asked/clarified but this thread is getting very long now (it would be amazing if a little computer wizard could collate a list of acceptable bar alternatives ;) ) but anyway, are ALL of the atkins meal replacement bars ok (chocolate decadence, chocolate brownie, etc)? Thanks :D

Ok, so I've just read the entire thread (can you tell I'm on day 3 TS and looking for a distraction lol?) and have collated a list of bars that appear to have been tried, tested and rubber stamped:

Tesco Ultraslim Chocolate Crisp
Tesco Ultraslim Raspberry Crisp
Asda Measure Up Chocolate & Toffee Bars
Biggest Loser Choc Crunch
Biggest Loser Mint Fudge
Biggest Loser Breakfast
Biggest Loser Berry Fudge

Note that all of these are MEAL REPLACEMENT bars, not the smaller snack bars sold by most of these brands. They should weight 55-60g and have about 200kcals, just in case anyone is unsure whether they're buying the right ones.

I'm going to do some label scouring with the atkins meal bars. If they are comparable I'll test them out and update the list (hope they are, quidco are giving cashback for holland & barratt online who are selling the bars B1G1halfprice - could be a yummy bargain!!)

Have tried the tescos ultra meal replacement bars and they are sooooo sickly sweet! Checked the backs of the packs and they definitely say they have the same carbs/ sugar as atkins bars but hard to believe when they taste like pure sugar! Have other people had them and definitely stayed in ketosis? Would quite like to get them as am planning to have more shakes and not have a bar every day, and don't want to buy the full price bars from exante...

Have tried the tescos ultra meal replacement bars and they are sooooo sickly sweet! Checked the backs of the packs and they definitely say they have the same carbs/ sugar as atkins bars but hard to believe when they taste like pure sugar! Have other people had them and definitely stayed in ketosis? Would quite like to get them as am planning to have more shakes and not have a bar every day, and don't want to buy the full price bars from exante...

I've used the tesco bars in week 1 LED and they've had no impact on my ketosis (purple still). To be honest I prefer the biggest loser ones though, and have just picked up a bunch of the atkins ones (they were B1G1 half price in holland and barratt) so will let try them out and report on whether there is any impact on ketosis. I'm honestly not a fan of the exante bars and price is a factor for me so I've been using alternatives all week (BL and tesco) with no ill effects.

scotminx said:
I've used the tesco bars in week 1 LED and they've had no impact on my ketosis (purple still). To be honest I prefer the biggest loser ones though, and have just picked up a bunch of the atkins ones (they were B1G1 half price in holland and barratt) so will let try them out and report on whether there is any impact on ketosis. I'm honestly not a fan of the exante bars and price is a factor for me so I've been using alternatives all week (BL and tesco) with no ill effects.

Any joy with the Atkins bars? I read somewhere that they print the net carbs and not the full carbs (might have been on here actually) but I've had a look at what that really means and it says that you take the whole carb and minus the dietary fibre, so if in fact their carbs were only net carbs, do you think adding together the total carbs and dietary fibre would give the true carbs? Sorry, I know I'm waffling, but it's just they're so easy to get hold of, and look sooo yummy, but I'm to much of a tart to try one unless someone else says they're ok! Lol :-D x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi scotminx
Thanks for that! will give them another go I think.
Andie - yes net carbs + fibre will = total carbs, to compare them to the exante bars. Presumably though they should be pretty low carb being atkins?
Both of you let me know how you get on with them!

I've had a couple of atkins bars now (the total carbs are comparable) and haven't had any issues with ketosis. However, after a nosey on the atkins sub-forum I've decided to avoid them where possible as they stall some people, etc. They can also give you the runs (I have to admit I've been quite "loose" since eating them - sorry, tmi) so you'll have to watch out for that, but I guess it wouldn't be a bad thing if you needed some help to *ahem* move things a long a bit ;)

So, my overall conclusion is - the atkins meal bars are fine as a replacement on occasion if you're caught short or waiting on other bars arriving but I wouldn't have one everyday :)

thanx u so much now i no there more options for bars on the exante thanx shame cnt get substitutes for the soup yukkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scotminx said:
I've had a couple of atkins bars now (the total carbs are comparable) and haven't had any issues with ketosis. However, after a nosey on the atkins sub-forum I've decided to avoid them where possible as they stall some people, etc. They can also give you the runs (I have to admit I've been quite "loose" since eating them - sorry, tmi) so you'll have to watch out for that, but I guess it wouldn't be a bad thing if you needed some help to *ahem* move things a long a bit ;)

So, my overall conclusion is - the atkins meal bars are fine as a replacement on occasion if you're caught short or waiting on other bars arriving but I wouldn't have one everyday :)

Brilliant, Thank you. I bought some of the tesco ones yesterday, raspberry and some chocolate ones, just had a nibble of the raspberry, mmmmm yummy! I'll prob avoid the Atkins ones then, unless caught short or something! Cheers for the info! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Anyone on this thread from Ireland who's able to get these bars?? Need more bars don't want fork out for d exante ones!

Can you get them from Ebay?

I've had the tesco ones before... They're decent enough. A LOT of chewing to them lol :p

I'd love to try the BL bars but I don't know if its worth a 30odd mile trip to asda just for them!! lol

I'd say it's worth it lol :p. The biggest loser bars are my favourite by a mile - they are lush...*salivating at the thought but have already had bar today, darn it!*

Seriously though, they are yummy and do seem to get good reviews in general so it might be worth checking to see if you can buy a few online somewhere? :)

Haha Starlight - i thought you might like the Mint Fudge ones for a bargainous 99p!!!!!!!

x

Back