Other diet bars

Discussion in 'Exante' started by Starlight, 16 February 2011 Social URL.

1. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Im editing this first post as the thread gets longer, people understandably cant be bothered ploughing through it for the info they want, so all the 'What bar can I have' threads are starting again which kinda defeats the purpose of this sticky

Bars in place of Exante

Biggest Loser Bars (All flavours)
    Asda Measure Up Meal Replacement Bars
    Tesco Ultra Slim Meal Replacement Bars

Be sure and check its the meal replacement ones not the snack ones.

They are almost identical to Exante, the same rules apply. One per day and they WONT knock you out of Ketosis :)

Last edited: 1 July 2011
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. SarahBx

SarahBx Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Exante
    I happen to be sitting outside asda right now....maybe I'll try a couple, I am struggling with the exante ones! X

4. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Asda had strawberry and yogurt or chocolate and toffee ones £2.48 for THREE!!

Or BL breakfast bars, mint fudge and choc crisp £1.50 each

They also have ready made shakes which is good to know. I would never use them as a rule but Ive been caught short at work a few times. Id rather opt for that than have nothing or make a bad choice

5. Toots

Toots Gold Member

Diet:
    Exante
    The biggest loser bars are MINGING :yuk:

That said, we've said time and again that we all have different tastes and you may like them - I hope you do

xxx

6. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  7. DappyMare

DappyMare Girl on a mission

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    Just be carful of the bars as they may not contain all the vitamins etc that are in the exante ones, shame they don't do an offer on the bars, as thinking of coming back to exante but need the bars for work so would have to buy a box plus all the shakes :rolleyes:

8. babystar31

babystar31 Gold Member

Hey we may be on exante but its all about finding what works for you! xx

9. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Believe me Asda staff were almost charging me rent the amount of time I was in that aisle lol As I said I checked every single item in all 3 bars and theyre pretty much identical. The Asda ones are part of a meal replacement plan their own TFR diet :)

10. XxKirstxX

XxKirstxX Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(19.37%)
    Diet:
    My own diet & exercise
    Im doing biggest loser and the breakfast bars are really good. The chocolate crisp are good they really fill you up in the morning.

I have been known to eat the slimfast ones as well only because they have same cals/protein/carbs etc in them only because there werent any BL ones left.

I don't think your supposed to though because does it not kind of contradict the diet?

11. Dutch

Dutch Goodbye Tum

Diet:
    Exante
    I'm steering clear of bars, personal choice but they're too much like choc bars and I'm trying to lose my taste for stuff like that. I'm a sucker for flapjack though, just got to convince myself they're rubbish xx

12. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    No not really Exante do their own bars as part of the diet thats what I was comparing them to

13. Toots

Toots Gold Member

Diet:
    Exante

Do you think that I could get away with 2 exante prods and an asda one? Can't get away with having Exante bars around as find them too tempting

Diet chef is,on the whole,yummy but I need to try to lose 20lbs sharpish then try the scenic route

Thanks
    xxx

14. XxKirstxX

XxKirstxX Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(19.37%)
    Diet:
    My own diet & exercise
    I suppose if they're pretty much the same it doesnt matter? I feel like Im doing 2 different diets when I do this lol

15. xEeyore

xEeyore Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    4st3lb(25.54%)
    Diet:
    Exante / Ki Fit
    I have been using the tesco ultra slim meal replacement bars as well as the exante ones, they are pretty identical nutritional wise and it hasn't seem to effected me.

Also the ultra slim raspberry meal bars are yummy!

16. *joanne*

*joanne* Joanne Brown

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(7.69%)
    Diet:
    CC veggie
    Really good to know that you could use different bars if you want. So when I come back to exante when I have 2 weeks off. I can just order the shakes and get the bars from asda.

17. babystar31

babystar31 Gold Member

See this is an option im tempted to take cos the exante bars really dont agree with me but i miss havin something to chew lol. Im gonna pop in tomorrow and have a look! Thanks for the tip sandy xx

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. hjc77

hjc77 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(6.42%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Liking this thread lots! Will b popping along to Asda soon! Been doin LT since 3 Feb but just got Exante pack yest and bars r a bit ish.... nice to chew but not great so will try Asda!x

20. teaandcakeordeath

teaandcakeordeath Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Exante
    I've tried the biggest loser mint bar. It was nice to have something to chew but wouldn't describe it as delicious. The asda choc crisp bar is ok as well. Both of these are infinitely better than the atkins bars (choc orange and choc decadence) that I had to attempt to eat today because I'd stupidly forgotten my shakes for a 14 hour day in work. :-( still trying to get the rank, evil taste out of my mouth...

21. SarahBx

SarahBx Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Exante
    Biggest loser mint bar was vile! Took one mouthful and had to spit it out! The asda chocolate and toffee one was lovely though!!! Thanks for the tip! X

22. cybill

cybill Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st11lb
    Current Weight:
    18st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(14.43%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Oooh, I like the idea of some variety on the diet bars... wondering if I would be too tempted to eat more than one.... but definitely next time I'm in Asda I'll take a look :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.