Other diet bars

Ta for the link:) I know 3e for 1 bar shud b ashamed! I'd be tempted to drive up myself other half wud kil me though lol

no probs x

Ok so.... I've tried a couple so far...

Atkins advantage bar - 2/5 - good for a chocoholic, but has a strong aftertaste of soy/ash. Not hugely filling, and not really recommended for TFR as its got no added nutrients, but its okay carbs and calories wise

Tesco Chocolate MR Bar - 5/5 - Quite tasty when in keto :) Nice and crunchy, chocolatey, no significant aftertaste. Has a bit of a toffee/fudgey taste to it. Very filling :)

Last edited:
Tesco Crispy Raspberry Meal Replacement bar: 5/5!! - holy moly...these are godly. My only problem is stoping at one. White chocolate and raspberry. :3 Absolute must buy... make exante ones taste like cardboard in comparison! If I close my eyes and concentrate its ALMOST like having a wcc and raspberry cookie. :3

Tesco Crispy Raspberry Meal Replacement bar: 5/5!! - holy moly...these are godly. My only problem is stoping at one. White chocolate and raspberry. :3 Absolute must buy... make exante ones taste like cardboard in comparison! If I close my eyes and concentrate its ALMOST like having a wcc and raspberry cookie. :3

:character00255: off to Tesco! :D

I bought some asda MS bars yes2dy after reading this & my fav BL fruit brkfst bar:)
I really enjoyd the exante ones in the beginning nw their not nice as b4.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I LOVE the BL fruit and nut breakfast bar - it's delicious and I would happily eat it even if not on exante. Nom nom...

Everytime I've been in tescos they haven't had any of the white choc and raspberry ones (and they don't seem to stock them for online shops) - gutted as they sound lush!!

I managed to track down some of the Tesco White choc and raspberry bars yesterday and am sat here munching one for breakfast. SO yum :)
The chocolate ones aren't bad either but I can't face them this early!

SammyLou said:
I managed to track down some of the Tesco White choc and raspberry bars yesterday and am sat here munching one for breakfast. SO yum :)
The chocolate ones aren't bad either but I can't face them this early!

I got some tesco raspberry and I think it's yogurt bars very yummy forgot how much I like raspberry. Been having the asda choc ones and in comparison the asda ones seem quite dry I easily drink a whole bottle of water then some with them (still nice just dry) I have the choc tesco ones to try tonight. I always have my bar last one so the blender doesn't wake the little one and two it feels like I'm being naughty xx

I just got the tesco ultra slim meal replacement bars. Has anyone else noticed that on the chocolate coated ones, they contain sugar?

I got 5 of the 'new you vlcd' meal replacement bars to try. I have tried 3 so far and they are all pretty tasty. I have just had the caramel delight tonight and thats my favourite so far and has a real layer of caramel on the top and has the texture of a toffee crisp!!
The bars are much smaller than the exante ones and the asda ones I usually get though so not as filling. They are definitely a nice change though and they have a more varied selection to choose from.

Ok, so I've just read the entire thread (can you tell I'm on day 3 TS and looking for a distraction lol?) and have collated a list of bars that appear to have been tried, tested and rubber stamped:

Tesco Ultraslim Chocolate Crisp
Tesco Ultraslim Raspberry Crisp
Asda Measure Up Chocolate & Toffee Bars
Biggest Loser Choc Crunch
Biggest Loser Mint Fudge
Biggest Loser Breakfast
Biggest Loser Berry Fudge

Note that all of these are MEAL REPLACEMENT bars, not the smaller snack bars sold by most of these brands. They should weight 55-60g and have about 200kcals, just in case anyone is unsure whether they're buying the right ones.

I'm going to do some label scouring with the atkins meal bars. If they are comparable I'll test them out and update the list (hope they are, quidco are giving cashback for holland & barratt online who are selling the bars B1G1halfprice - could be a yummy bargain!!)
This is the sort of thread I was looking for thank you well the BL berry fudge was amazinggggg OMG, I'm off to get dressed and to stock up.. Haha

Can we have the Tony Fergusen Bars? - hope so as been shopping today forgot to take my bar so had an Apricot Munch Bar - thought it tasted a lot like the Exante one's but not as nice as the Tesco one's.

Back