Other diet bars

OOh these are the only bars that I have - they are absolutely LOVELY!! So much so that I was even having them when I wasnt even on a diet anymore! LOL! Raspberry are my fave by far but both are EVEN YUMMIER if you store them in the fridge!! OOH i could go one right now! LOL! x

well i tried the Tesco ones - well the Chocolate one last night and i was pleasently suprised!!! they are nice! i may try them in the fridge although i may break a tooth on them if they get too cold!
Its nice to have a change from Shakes all day :)

I've now tried most of the alternative bars, and like them enough to persuade me to just order Exante shakes next time, although I do enjoy the Exante bars too.

I would rate them like this:

1. Tesco (choc)
2. Exante (toffee)
3. Biggest Loser (mint fudge)
4. Asda (choc)

The Tesco one I had this morning was the best so far - chocolately, chewy and very satisfying, with a decent aftertaste.

I like the Exante ones, but the toffee/raisin one is nicer than the choc/orange one for me.

I tried the BL mint fudge one last night - it was quite dry and the minty taste was a bit much. It felt like a chore eating it, but the amazing thing was that it was so filling! I had to leave a bit until later. Not the tastiest, but by far the most satisfying and useful, so I've ordered more of these to keep the hunger at bay :cool:

Asda - this was the first bar I tried and I liked it at first, but then it got a bit boring - dry, powdery and with a bitter aftertaste. Not totally unpleasant, but not as good as the Tesco equivalent.

Are there any bars that aren't like the exante...ie, 'cereal bars' I'm really really not a fan of the oatey type things. I tried a tesco one yesterday, and really couldn't stomach it!! Any adivce would be so helpful!xxx

you arent thick at all m'dear :) this is whats great about having a community like this... I wouldn't have thought to buy tesco ones! They've saved me a packet of money!

I personally hate the BL bars, but I am a fan of "crispy" bars in general anyway. I thought I was gonna break my teeth off them and all I could taste was a weird sweetner aftertaste eating them! lol

Ahem....I have now had the chance to try a Biggest Loser Choc Crunch bar for breakfast this morning, and I have to say that it's shot to the top of my favourites list!

Really good indeed - chocolatey and chewy, not particularly crunchy as the name suggests, and tastes like a real treat!

A bit like a Texan bar (remember those??) in a way.

Not quite as filling as the mint fudge one, but 10 times tastier!

Scanbran said:
Ahem....I have now had the chance to try a Biggest Loser Choc Crunch bar for breakfast this morning, and I have to say that it's shot to the top of my favourites list!

Really good indeed - chocolatey and chewy, not particularly crunchy as the name suggests, and tastes like a real treat!

A bit like a Texan bar (remember those??) in a way.

Not quite as filling as the mint fudge one, but 10 times tastier!

These are my fav too

Great thread! Thanks starlight. I can't stomach the Exante Choc-orange bars or the creamy soups bleh.

Well I had an Asda chocolate and toffee measure up bar today for lunch and it was lovely so I think I'll just be buying a box of shakes next and asda bars. I really don't like the exante bars and find it incredibly hard to eat them so I think the rest will be going in the bin unless I can find anyone who likes them and wants them.

hi everyone, can someone let me know if we can eat the asda measure up snack bars? i popped to asda today to buy some and noticed they had bigger bars with 215 cals or smaller ones which are 95 cals. just dont want to get the wrong ones. thanks lisa.xx

mummyb1977 said:
hi everyone, can someone let me know if we can eat the asda measure up snack bars? i popped to asda today to buy some and noticed they had bigger bars with 215 cals or smaller ones which are 95 cals. just dont want to get the wrong ones. thanks lisa.xx

It's the big ones the meal replacement ones :)

thankyou, can we not eat the smaller ones? i know the cals are lower is that the only reason? x

Picked up two BL bars in Asda yesterday for £2.29 each??? Only 2 as I was quite shocked at the price. My last lot were £1.50 per bar - where has the 79p increase come from????

:(

scotminx said:
Picked up two BL bars in Asda yesterday for £2.29 each??? Only 2 as I was quite shocked at the price. My last lot were £1.50 per bar - where has the 79p increase come from????

:(

Tesco do them for £1.50. But they only have very limited choice. I got a few fruit & nut ones which are lovely but really wanted minty fudge. They didn't have any :(

Back