Other diet bars

I've checked the Exante bars against the SF bars, and there is very little in in, so I'll be having those until Asda get stocks back in. I've only tried the chocolate crisp flavour so far, that's lovely and I think a bit more moorish than the Asda ones, they have the cinnamon and something flavour in Asda too, I haven't seen the other 2 flavours yet.

In comparing them to Asda's bars, they very much the same, so all in all I think another good choice...if they were too much out I wouldn't have them :)

Email sent via the "Contact Us" section on Asda.com.

Clicky here if you want to email too :D

P.S. forgot to say ... I can only see the snack bars on the website this morning :(

The meal bars have been off the site for a few days now :( I'll email too.

I just had a chocolate orange bar for the first time on exante....it's awful and I have loads of them!!! Hopefully as I get further into the plan I will be able to face them a bit easier...I was taking a small bite followed by a mouthful of water to get rid of the taste!!!

blubex said:
I just had a chocolate orange bar for the first time on exante....it's awful and I have loads of them!!! Hopefully as I get further into the plan I will be able to face them a bit easier...I was taking a small bite followed by a mouthful of water to get rid of the taste!!!

Haha that's what I did. I got the Tesco Ultraslim bars and they are really good. The chocolate ones are my fav. Raspberry ones taste a bit strange but I think that's down to K-taste in my mouth.

Haha that's what I did. I got the Tesco Ultraslim bars and they are really good. The chocolate ones are my fav. Raspberry ones taste a bit strange but I think that's down to K-taste in my mouth.

We do our weekly shop at tesco and hubby works for them so get discount so will give them ones a try x

had an automated reply from Asda saying I should have a response in 2-3 working days. Will keep you posted :)

Hey girls. I work in ASDA and I've been looking for the bars as well. When I'm in tomorrow I'll see if I can find out what's happened to them.

The answer I have been given is that they weren't a big enough seller so they discontinued them . I have already written in asking what sense there is in supplying shakes and snack bars, but not the meal bars?? They don't need to know I'm not using the snack bars or shakes!

Anytime you are in an ASDA, drop in by customer services and ask about the meal bars. There is a sheet that we add customer requests to and it gets sent to ASDA House (Head Office) every week. If enough people ask, enough times, they might come back.

I haven't had a reply from my email yet :( I can't believe this! I thought it was odd they had gone from online shopping, my friend works at the customer service desk, I'll fill the form out when I go in, how annoying! I don't have a Tesco close enough..I'll just have to stick to SF bars, now I know they're ok :)

Very upsetting news I drove to Asda in Enniskillen, to stock up in June, decided to make a day trip out of it. It was over 160 km I spent over £200 on bars I bought the entire stock. I really like them (clearly!). I know my OH would have been disgusted if he knew what I was up to but I needed a treat. I find it very hard to get the BL bars plus they're almost €3 a bar so I kinda felt the trip was worth it in lots of ways. Looks like I won't be doing that again.

Maybe if enough of us complain, they will do something about it :)

Does anyone find the BL bars from approved foods are a bit different from the ones you buy in Asda? I've just had a fruit and nut breakfast one, and there were actual whole nuts in it, and it tasted much more like apricot that the asda ones. I haven't tried the mint one yet, but I noticed the packaging looks a bit different??? Hmmm...

scotminx said:
Does anyone find the BL bars from approved foods are a bit different from the ones you buy in Asda? I've just had a fruit and nut breakfast one, and there were actual whole nuts in it, and it tasted much more like apricot that the asda ones. I haven't tried the mint one yet, but I noticed the packaging looks a bit different??? Hmmm...

Ummm.. Mine are due to be delivered tomorrow so I'll let you know. Are the ingredients the same do you know? Xx

I don't have an asda version to compare with, but it sure tasted different and not as nice :(

Maybe they're cheaper for a reason...

Still much nicer to me than exante, but the original asda versions are the tastiest, just too expensive!! :(

scotminx said:
I don't have an asda version to compare with, but it sure tasted different and not as nice :(

Maybe they're cheaper for a reason...

Still much nicer to me than exante, but the original asda versions are the tastiest, just too expensive!! :(

By adsda do you mean biggest loser bought in asda? X

If enough of us complain then yes, they will take notice. Whether they take them back is another matter :mad:

Just returned frm Asda & bought the last 3 boxes of choc & toffee left on the shelf lol. The were reduced to £2 per box... Bearing in mind the best b4 date were sept 11 i wouldve thought i cud b reduced further. Cant c them been replaced :(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back